• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

Because the open and performance flights are separated... I don't think you can play one round and have it count for two divisions. Why not play Advanced and Open on the same day in any other tournament then?

Performance isn't a division really, a separate side event pretty much. You could easily count the scores being played in the open flight if they qualified for performance.

I feel this way about Doss as well. It seems like his drives and short game are generally spectacular, but his putting lets him down somewhat...

I'd wager that we just have some spectacular putters within the younger players (McBeth, Wysocki, Ulibarri) and the bar has been raised.

Performance isn't a division really, a separate side event pretty much. You could easily count the scores being played in the open flight if they qualified for performance.

I can see that being an option. I'm not sure if the open players care enough how much they exceed their rating vs. how they do against the field in raw scores. I've been paying attention to it the last couple of years and the winners of MPO would usually finish in the top 5 or 10 of the performance flight (if you project par to their rating) as well if they were to participate, which is impressive. If you just count plain course par the MPO winners would beat even the top performance flight winners. Again... impressive. Those guys are playing hot no matter how you slice it.

Performance was born of a side bet option during the old "one division, one champion" version of the USDGC. Everyone had the opportunity to throw in $5 per round to "bet" on their performance scores. Best scores won a share of the day's pot. Only way I ever made money when I played the USDGC was buying into the performance pool and taking advantage of my 930ish rating each day (it might have been 940-950ish in my last one).

I can see that being an option. I'm not sure if the open players care enough how much they exceed their rating vs. how they do against the field in raw scores. I've been paying attention to it the last couple of years and the winners of MPO would usually finish in the top 5 or 10 of the performance flight (if you project par to their rating) as well if they were to participate, which is impressive. If you just count plain course par the MPO winners would beat even the top performance flight winners. Again... impressive. Those guys are playing hot no matter how you slice it.

That makes sense, you'd have to shoot some really good golf to get any separation from that many 1020+ players. Unless you're playing significantly above your rating you're not going to come anywhere near winning that kind of event with that kind of field.

I tried this link today. I was able to watch yesterdays action. However, cant seem to get today's going. Is it just me missing something?

Round 2 should be the very top post now. That's today's round, which is archived (live coverage is over). The second part of that should be up shortly.

It takes a little bit of time for the round to go from live to archive.

To Chime in on the those who have "fallen from the podium" discussion.

I was watching some of the LPGA coverage in China yesterday evening.
This topic came up in the coverage.

Yani Tseng… a few years ago dominated that tour like no one at the time. Iron clad… talk of her maybe taking a sponsor exception to play a mens PGA event and the like…

And boom… off the podium. Crickets. Down to 66th in world rank.
They discusse how easy a small slide can turn into a big one - doesn't require equipment changes or injuries (known or hidden)

Just happens. Some come back from the wilderness… some don't.

Just checked the scores from today. It says that Nikko ended today at +10?! What the eff happened?

a 5-OB score of 11 on hole 12 happened (some real Tin Cup action). Followed by a double-OB score of 8 on the next hole. That's +10 on two holes. And he didn't exactly light the front nine on fire either.

another shoutout to Patrick Brown...hanging tough and staying in range on the lead card for another round!

I'm kind of looking forward to watching Nikko's round more than the rest of the lead card now.

Me too, but becasue he is just as likely to set a new course record. He has that level of talent, it just doesn't always show. It'll be interesting to see which way this goes, for sure.

What happened to the 30 second rule? Noticed in the live stream this morning that Brown took 45+ seconds on many throws.

Latest posts