• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] 2016 MVP CIRCUIT

If you look at the circuit page, it clearly says the 16mm class was introduced specifically for the circuits. So I wouldn't hold your breathe...

...but I could sure use an uber beefy disc from this class. My resistor has gotten to the point where its not really a resistor anymore, and I almost want to wait till next year instead of putting a new one in the bag...:popcorn:

If you look at the circuit page, it clearly says the 16mm class was introduced specifically for the circuits. So I wouldn't hold your breathe...

...but I could sure use an uber beefy disc from this class. My resistor has gotten to the point where its not really a resistor anymore, and I almost want to wait till next year instead of putting a new one in the bag...:popcorn:

Yeah, I was really hoping when they said the class was introduced specifically for the circuit they didn't mean exclusively. That disc, and one in between there and the relay are certainly ones I will be looking forward to. The in between one especially sounds like it would be an excellent circuit disc.

Neither one of you could use an uber beefy 6 speed. Dont lie to me or everyone else here.

My relays do work. I NEED THE OS VERSION. You stick to the resistors and thangz.

I would really like something that is more or similarly OS to the Vector with the hand feel of a Tangent.

Any feedback from the events that have taken place already?

I played one Saturday and went on and on (hahaha) about the discs in the individual threads for each. The recap:

Spin: Wasn't the Electron Anode for putting that I was hoping for, but it flies like a slower Theory on drives, real nice controllable US flight, and will hold a touch anny on short approaches better than any MVP/Axiom disc.

Matrix: This is not the utility OS mid people were hoping for. For me, maybe not as OS as the Vector, for sure not MORE OS. But, it's an awesome disc anyway. For me, a longer, faster Envy. Best MVP mid for FH by far. It was the star of the show in our windy-day Circuit.

Signal: Very US slow fairway. I'm not the best at deep hyzers, so I had a hard time getting enough hyzer on it to keep it from flipping past flat. Noticeably more US than the Relay. It should be a dependable hyzer-flipper for lower-powered players.

Matrix: This is not the utility OS mid people were hoping for. For me, maybe not as OS as the Vector, for sure not MORE OS. But, it's an awesome disc anyway. For me, a longer, faster Envy. Best MVP mid for FH by far. It was the star of the show in our windy-day Circuit.
Are you a Tensor hater? Do they compare at all?

Not a Tensor hater...I had one after they dropped, but I lost it soon thereafter, and I don't remember it well, and that was long enough ago, that my throws are so different now it wouldn't compare well. I've never had this need for a very OS mid, and the Envy seemed to really cover a lot of what the Tensor would, so I never replaced it.

I'm fairly sure it's faster, and feels pretty different in the hand. I'm as comfortable with the way the Matrix leaves my hand, FH and BH, than just about any disc I've ever thrown. I'm drinking the Matrix coolaid, I'm taking the red pill, so grain of salt.

I was so confident in leaning into it because it wouldn't turn, and I threw long on 2 or 4 holes that were close to if not 300 ft. I went like 40 ft long on a 308 slight downhill shot, and with almost no fade at that distance.

There is a healthy but penetrating fade in that 250-285 type range, which is how far I was FHing it.

Last edited:
I played one Saturday and went on and on (hahaha) about the discs in the individual threads for each. The recap:

Spin: Wasn't the Electron Anode for putting that I was hoping for, but it flies like a slower Theory on drives, real nice controllable US flight, and will hold a touch anny on short approaches better than any MVP/Axiom disc.

Signal: Very US slow fairway. I'm not the best at deep hyzers, so I had a hard time getting enough hyzer on it to keep it from flipping past flat. Noticeably more US than the Relay. It should be a dependable hyzer-flipper for lower-powered players.
+1
I am. Stability wise they compare a bit, I think the Matrix is a bit more HSS and the fade kicks in a little bit sooner. They're both really good at going straight. The much better glide and the better speed of the Matrix (along with the much less weird rim) made it seem like a way better line-shaper IMO. The Matrix is an honest to God midrange, it's not a fast putter masquerading as a mid or something like that. You can do a lot of work with a Matrix and a Theory, they pair well stability-wise and have similar feeling rims.

Thanks. I do not detect the things people hate about the Tensor, and I find it has decent glide considering it's MVP and OS.

These reviews are making me want to revisit the BuzzzOS.

Looking at your sig, I'm just curious, what are you looking for? Something to replace the Zone? Something to slot between the reg Buzzz and the Zone? A longer Zone?

I've been on a search for a controllable OS mid for years. Basically looking for a beadless Wasp/Vector type disc. Straight to fade. Controlled hyzers. The Zone fills the role of short utility shots. Doesn't go very far.

Last edited:
I've been on a search for a controllable OS mid for years. Basically looking for a beadless Wasp/Vector type disc. Straight to fade. Controlled hyzers. The Zone fills the role of short utility shots. Doesn't go very far.

You need a Verdict.

Latest posts