• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 DGPT Tour Championship

James Conrad mentioned how the players were feeding off of each other playing well. Does Philo or JC shoot -8 on Dana's card? Maybe, maybe not. You play the opponent you're given.

I'm a huge Philo fan and it sucks for him but that's the nature of the format. It's a nice change of pace and I'm enjoying it.

Yes. There are plenty of events won by raw score from multiple rounds, among the entire field. Bravo for something a bit different.

Anybody have a link/time the finals go live today?

Weather is rainy here and the forecast calls for 1" to 3 " for the day, good day to watch live DGPT Finals!

Thanks Brutus!

I was reading back a few pages when I posted my query. Question answered.

Last edited:
Judging from the number of mentions and announcements already (5 holes), it seems like an extremely poor decision to allow for spectators to follow the group in carts.

Just another reason disc golf on ball golf courses suck.

Judging from the number of mentions and announcements already (5 holes), it seems like an extremely poor decision to allow for spectators to follow the group in carts.

Just another reason disc golf on ball golf courses suck.

I'm guessing the golf course is maximizing profit for it's share holders.

I'm not a fan of using ball golf courses either, but this course was a better disc golf challenge than some others we've seen. I liked that greens and sand traps weren't OB, and that a fair number of tee shots required hitting a gap and/or missing trees. Somewhere in between playing a standard golf course and a public park DG course.

I'm not a fan of using ball golf courses either, but this course was a better disc golf challenge than some others we've seen. I liked that greens and sand traps weren't OB, and that a fair number of tee shots required hitting a gap and/or missing trees. Somewhere in between playing a standard golf course and a public park DG course.

Agree. This course was/is better than some of the mind-numbingly boring wide open courses where they just bomb hyzers within very artificial rope-delineated bounds. There appeared to be some thought put into it rather than just perching a basket behind a sand bunker.

The play in the last round was kind of sloppy. Maybe the rain was a part of that... Or not.

Will Schusterick did pretty well as a commentator. He'll get better with more experience, as well...

(Spoiler alert). What did Paige and Steve get into it about on her last putt? Paige sure seems irritated after the round was over, almost walked away from the post-tourney interview with Terry. And Catrina showed class and good sportsmanship. Gave Paige and the others hugs.

(Spoiler alert)

I was following the scores on UDisc. Can't wait to see the video of how this went down. 13 birdies and Paul came in second. Three double bogies...WTH?!

Congrats to Ricky on the win and to Paul and Simon for making it interesting.

(Spoiler alert). What did Paige and Steve get into it about on her last putt? Paige sure seems irritated after the round was over, almost walked away from the post-tourney interview with Terry. And Catrina showed class and good sportsmanship. Gave Paige and the others hugs.

Per UltiworldDG's Twitter,

"Really awkward moment before that putt, as Steve Dodge walked up to Pierce and asked if she was going for it."

I wish I could have felt this way, but I got about half way through the first round (JohnE's card) and I just couldn't take any more. The ace was cool, but that course just wasn't doing a thing for me personally.

Who thought it was a good idea giving spectators golf carts? through the first 9 or 10 holes we heard Terry mention crowd movement during putts (not all golf cart related) and a few golf carts were awfully close to rollers.

I wish I could have felt this way, but I got about half way through the first round (JohnE's card) and I just couldn't take any more. The ace was cool, but that course just wasn't doing a thing for me personally.

I was kind of feeling the same way at first, but after watching more and getting a better understanding of the course, I think it's one of the better golf course conversions, and an above average tournament course in general.

Tuned in for most of the DGPT final today and was real impressed with what I saw. The players were the real show... they were canning circle puts all day long. I really enjoyed listening to Will... he is easy on the ears. Also I enjoyed watching our best rip bombs down the fairways though today they had a hard time keeping them in the middle. Overall I thought it was a great production and also congratulations to Ricky on a great Year.

PS. Ever since I first played on Prodigy baskets I thought they were some of the best catchers in the business and was glad to see them used at this tournament.