• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

21 Hole Salute presented by Alpine Ski Center - Charlotte 6/23 - 6/24

Don't forget the games:

"Beat the Man" and this is what you can win:

- Innova travel basket
- $400 Rental coupon from REI
- Free Massage from Steele creek physical therapy & balance center inc

Players Party at Solstice Tavern

- Putting competition to win 10+ discs

Also:

2nd Round will have multiple CTP's
3rd Round Win your card win a disc

Last edited:
It should be a good time even for those of us who will be playing other courses during the week of worlds.

I certainly hope so! See you in a couple of weeks.

Anyone playing the Queen City Showdown next weekend?

We now have 37 people signed up!!!!

This tournament will most likely fill. Registrations are coming in rapidly. Get signed up!

Thanks to everybody who was at the workday yesterday. They do all the work and I'm the lucky one that gets to show it off. If you ever see the guys that putt so much sweat into these courses, just say a little thank you.

When you see the new benches out there remember to thank Jerry Adams for making these beautiful new additions. He also loaded up and brought to the park the utility poles that were used for the bridge from 4 to 5.

When you see the new benches out there remember to thank Jerry Adams for making these beautiful new additions. He also loaded up and brought to the park the utility poles that were used for the bridge from 4 to 5.

:thmbup:

Jerry is also making some for Bradford Park as well. :clap:

Ok everyone...

We have $575 of cash added to this tournament, not including additional merchandise donated and lunch.

PLEASE PREREGISTER. It helps tremendously to show these sponsors that it will fill, and will help solidify the same sponsors in next year's tournament. With your help by registering early, this has the potential to be an A-tier in the future.

We have 39 people registered (it shows 41, but there are a couple people that can't make it). To encourage early signups, the first 64 total people registered will get a ticket for free lunch both days. We want to provide free lunch for everybody, but more importantly needed is a head count for Solstice Tavern and Alpine Ski Center. If you are not part of the first 64, don't worry, lunch will still be a great deal.

The last day to receive a full refund is Sunday, 6/17. After this date, if you can't play, we will refund your money with a player's pack and an additional value of merchandise to match your entry fee.

Thanks!
-Kevin

The last day to receive a full refund is Sunday, 6/17. After this date, if you can't play, we will refund your money with a player's pack and an additional value of merchandise to match your entry fee.

I would advise using some discression. Nothing makes people not want to ever play your event again like a legit reason to drop out before the event and not getting a refund.

I would advise using some discression. Nothing makes people not want to ever play your event again like a legit reason to drop out before the event and not getting a refund.

fair enough.

Sign up and play! If you can't play, I'll do everything I can to get your money back to you. There needs to be a cutoff though, so when online registration ends, you are officially registered and will receive the tournament benefits as your refund.

fair enough.

Sign up and play! If you can't play, I'll do everything I can to get your money back to you. There needs to be a cutoff though, so when online registration ends, you are officially registered and will receive the tournament benefits as your refund.

well its your call as the TD. If someone doesnt show up, no they dont get a refund. But I've heard of situations where people were hurt and didnt get a refund and worst of all, I almost didnt get a refund when my grandfather passed away. I had to claw and scratch for it.

Just my 2 cents.

well its your call as the TD. If someone doesnt show up, no they dont get a refund. But I've heard of situations where people were hurt and didnt get a refund and worst of all, I almost didnt get a refund when my grandfather passed away. I had to claw and scratch for it.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not a jerk and am willing to work with people. This is not a money making endevour, but a fun tournament to play. I don't foresee this becoming an issue.

42 People currently preregistered. Things are moving.

The player's packs have come in and Gateway really came through big for us!

I know of about 10 people who have yet to sign up who told me they are playing. Please go ahead and register. That way you can also solidify lunch for free!

Weekly doubles is at RL Smith on Tuesday as well. Good way to prepare for this weekend!

46 people. The next 18 people, along with the currently registered players, receive vouchers for free food.

Thanks to all of our sponsors!

ANOTHER SPONSOR!!!!!!!

5 Hour Energy will be there promoting their product and giving away free samples. Sweet!
Also,
INNOVA has helped out big time! It's convenient and awesome having them in the Charlotte area. "Beat the man" Superhero's have been provided and will be won.

I see that disc golf united is down at the moment. Please keep checking to see if it's up. We have 48 people registered so far. The next 14 get vouchers for free lunch. I will extend registration until Friday at 9pm because of this.

See you this weekend! It's gonna be a good time!

He needed 6 hour energy the other day...

On a side note, this is my response to a question about the other 3 holes....

They are marked as of today, and will be playable friday with baskets.

Hole 19 - 353ft. After hole 18, cross the marsh, turn right and tee off from the corner of where the sidewalk turns. Uphill right hand turnover shot.

Hole 20 - 252ft. Walk along the top of the ridge. Tee shot is downhill to the middle of the soccer field. It will be an island green with an OB circle around it. Simple throw with no wind, plays about 170 feet. With wind, it's a pucker hole.

Hole 21 - 303ft. Tees off about 40 feet from the nearest handicap space on the sidewalk. Simple righty hyzer to a basket on the hill. This hole will have the infamous winthrop rope on both sides though.... so accuracy is a must.

On a side note, this is my response to a question about the other 3 holes.... They are marked as of today, and will be playable friday with baskets.

Nice. Thanks for the info! Looking forward to it.