• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for you Destroyer throwers...

I've got a couple of uber-stiff pro destroyers that even with a couple years of wear on them, are still pretty stable. I would be interested in some of these softer flippy pro destroyers. as a compliment to my current arsenal.

Well if Innova can stamp out understable P-PD2's I'm not surprised about an understable Pro Destroyer.

But yeah, Pro Destroyers are amazing, just try to find some with higher PLHs.

I just got a champ glow that I did a stamp for and its just like the Bubble Bosses from 09. Tiny bubbles in the rim, flat as hell, and 167g. Can't wait to toss it.

Been playing about a year and a half and just started throwing Destroyers so I am not the most experienced but here are my findings so far.

Bought a white DX and loved it. Stable and seem to fit the Innova ratings. Lost it in the water.
Purchased a yellow DX figuring it would be the same but alas it was not. Understable and can flip easily but if thrown with slight hyzer then I can get good distance.
Decided to purchase Star Destroyer last week. Very overstable. Probably too much disc for my power but am hoping it will break in and improve.

It really helped to get on here and see other players with tons more experience than me and they have similar experieces. I guess my thing is that there should not be such a wide discrepancy between the flight characteristics of the models\plastics and if there is then they should just have different names and ratings. I'm ok with a little variation but the difference between my yellow DX Destroyer and my Star Destroyer is huge to say the least.

I love throwing destroyers but after I run through my backup stock I'm going to try and find something else. I work at a dg store so I get to examine a lot of plastic and the inconsistencies with the destroyer are absolutely horrible, over 75% of the destroyers we get in all plastics are destrulcans. I have a few light echo star destrulcans that I really like and throw well but molding variations really irk me for some reason. Why did they have to fuck with the destroyer?

im back to destroyers ...again. this is probably the 4th time atleast that ive gone back to them. im happy now though,found a stack ofnold poppy top pros,flat pre averys,and some first runs so im set. i have a seasoned pre avery stamp that is so damn straight but crushs easy. love it.

I have shelved the Destroyer in favor of the Force. I have yet to find a flippy Force in Z/ESP when new, where as it is 50/50 on Champ/Star Destroyers anymore when new. I bought two Destroyers a few weeks back, one orange and one red. One was a meathook and the other was about as stable as a sidewinder into a headwind. Anybody else having issues with Champ/Star Destroyers? And the Destroyers I go were not the Destrulcans either.

** Shameless plug...I will be posting up my Star Destroyers for sale this weekend

pulled a vibram open 2008 champ destro off the shelf, pop top 169g, to replace a z force that turns like a z nuke now, 2 FR destros in the bag, usually worried about losing them, will pick a nuke to throw instead, need to find a couple more pop top 169 Champs.......

The 08 domey Champ CFR Destroyers are awesome. I don't know much about the current run of Star Destroyers, I have heard a lot people have had mixed results though. The older domey marbled star and the domey echo star dominate my bag. I also use flat first runs for turnover shots.

Joz said:
The 08 domey Champ CFR Destroyers are awesome. I don't know much about the current run of Star Destroyers, I have heard a lot people have had mixed results though. The older domey marbled star and the domey echo star dominate my bag. I also use flat first runs for turnover shots.

This is exactly what I am talking about. I have to find this year, then I have to find CFR and then marbled domey echo. It's like trying to find a good roc or a stack of good wizards.

Are the Avery Destroyers not well liked? I have one in my stack, and its one of my favorite. Nice plastic, not poppy topped, a little turn, but not much. Flies a lot like a first run Destroyer to me. I'm asking because it seems like people rag on them a little.

All the AJ's I've seen have all been very overstable to start with, great discs.

any of u ladies get any of these?
20120709_190250.jpg

i scooped a hanful at first to make sure they were legit,and they are. pat #s ,s/ds , stiff with a mild dome. i have yet to throw mine but they feel amazingly grippy. incase you guys missed it,these were sds that were "found" and they did this limited stamp on them. pretty sick stamp i must say. not sure on numbers but id imagine not many. the pinks and whites went fast. id imagine the blues and yellows will be gone soon.

these are on dgv btw.

protip: there are red champystars on there too but with the new AO stamp. not sure if those are legit but i know these are :) i can see these being pricey soon.

Yeah, I saw those on DGV. I woulda bought a fat stack but Molnar said that all he had was max weight. Max weight marbled Destroyers are nice, but not nearly as sweet as the 168-171g ones. Those are tough to find...

Latest posts