• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for you Destroyer throwers...

Star Shark said:
Starlight does that. They all come out crazy overstable. You go much below 170g on a war speeder and it's gonna be beefy.

Matt: considered the Rampage by Legacy Discs?
I have. I'll probably get around to trying one sooner or later.

So are they still making destroyers with vulcan tops because I am looking to order some destroyers online and would rather not get any destrulcans.

Any good online store should be able to recognize real Destroyers from Vultroyers if you just ask them.

jubuttib said:
Any good online store should be able to recognize real Destroyers from Vultroyers if you just ask them.

If you are interested PM me and I can pick them out for you at CDGS.

What would you guys say is a minimum distance one should be able to throw before picking up something like a Destroyer? I am getting my 171 Star Teebird near 350', with an occasional 360' to 370' if I flex it out more. Same distance with TD's and Rivers, just different lines. My PD's reach just short of that, but I just use them for headwind and very overstable duties (CFR and C) and for overstable shots that need a good strong fade (S-line), not max D.

There are a few holes around here with long, open fairways where an extra 20-30' would put me in birdie range, so I was wondering if a lighter Pro Destroyer (165ish) would work for me.

A beat Pro Destroyer can be used very successfully even on lower power levels, if you can get a TeeBird to around 350' then you should be OK with a light Pro Destroyer.

A broken in lighter Pro Destroyer can work for a 350' thrower. However I'd shy away from the premium plastic versions they're a different animal compared to the Pros.

IMO... the sweetest Destroyers are the first run stars. One of the sexiest distance disks I've ever thrown. A pain to come by... so... I throw Wraiths and Kings!

LumberJack said:
IMO... the sweetest Destroyers are the first run stars. One of the sexiest distance disks I've ever thrown. A pain to come by... so... I throw Wraiths and Kings!

Agreed. They were the first discs I could bomb. I'm glad I've got a nice pile of the X-outs DGV had a few summers back, I picked em up back when they were in the $10 range too. I could make a killing now if I wanted to sell em.

so had a tournament last weekend with the latest run of star destroyers for tournament discs. they are back to their 'original' dome but no patent number on the bottom. matched them up with first runs and the original run of standards. the echo stars however still had the vulcan top.

that teedevil is definitely a Destrulcan.

And back from the dead. So I'm thinking of adding a champ destroyer to the bag to compliment the more stable of my two star destroyers since it had been hella windy around here lately. I have a couple of glow champ destroyers but they don't have a ton of glide, do the domey champ destroyers have good glide while maintaining good stability?

Just got this tasty specimen.

screenshot-1319752214370-1.jpg

Now THAT is champystar. What is the weight and dome? How does it fly?

Its 170 and has a small dome. I wish it was domier, but at least its not flat. Its just like my old SB Tulsa orcs

My champ destroyers are super beefy however like most champ or z plastic they don't glide well. Domey, flat etc. They do glide better than most discs with similar stability. However for Destroyer glide with more wind fighting stability I'm loving my P-PD2's haven't hucked a C-Line yet but the P-Line is all the stability and durability I need for a disc of its type.

i throw domey champ destroyers. i feel they have good glide, maybe a touch less than super domey pro Destroyers. i have one decently beat in now that is a great neutral flyer with a ton of glide. just put a fresh one in the bag that has a bit of flash and is overstable but still has a ton of glide, close to a lightly beat early echo xcal with a bit more carry

How stable are poppy top non destrulcan AJ destroyers? marked *DS and is 170g. Not gonna get to throw it till tomorrow and I want to know what to expect

Latest posts