• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for you Destroyer throwers...

Booter said:
yeah. i snagged alot of them while they were up. i throw alot of the flater earlier runs in lighter weights anyway.

Lol, I know, I sent you some :)

Thanks for the heads up, ordered a couple myself. Needed a new beefy Destroyer anyway.

I'm loving my new 170 AJ Destroyer. Flies like a seasoned destroyer to me. It was less stable than normal from the start, which I really liked a lot. I can throw it flat and it will stay on a straight line past 400'.

So I have read through this entire thread and here is my question where do the blizzard destroyers fit into all this?

Also I have an AJ *ds star destroyer... From what I gathered is this a more over stable disc for destroys and will a pro be more flippy?

Blizzards seem to be all over the place especially with Destros. I have a super beefy 134 Destro and others report flippy discs so i'd look at PLH.

Blizzard Destroyers can be almost whatever, some are flip machines, some are just as overstable as you'd expect a Destroyer to be, it's all in the PLH.

jubuttib said:
Blizzard Destroyers can be almost whatever, some are flip machines, some are just as overstable as you'd expect a Destroyer to be, it's all in the PLH.

do sword's fly as far as destroyers?

I believe they are technically a bit slower (somewhat smaller wing) so i think the concensus answer you will get is no. But I would say that its dependent on the thrower and the conditions

The difference is really small, the rim width is right between Wraiths and Destroyers, but they don't fade as hard as Destroyers so they tend to have more end flight carry. I throw both equally long, the Sword just flies more neutral.

I'm sure I can get pro destros farther than any sword, but just marginally plus the sword is much more controllable.

Well Pro Destros yeah, those glide like a motherfucker, but a good BT Sword could also go farther than a VIP or TP Sword.

I got a test shot of star light plastic destroyer. Man did it cool weird. The left is the test, the right is a normal star destroyer. The top even puffed really weird that doesn't show in the pic

2012-09-22_15-52-38_57-1_zpsc445382e.jpg

That looks like what happened to my Starlite Roadrunner too except the convex wing was even more bulged than with regular RRs.

dgdave said:
I got a test shot of star light plastic destroyer. Man did it cool weird. The left is the test, the right is a normal star destroyer. The top even puffed really weird that doesn't show in the pic

2012-09-22_15-52-38_57-1_zpsc445382e.jpg

That disc is effed up

Roadrunners have the convex wing shape not exactly like that but not too many other discs aren't concave in the wing. Not quite QK family either.

I ordered some light weight star destroyer f2s from the factory store and got some 159s that are flat as a board with a high plh. Once the flashing wears down and it hits a few dozen trees it should crush. I'd guess these can from the batch of stupid stable ones from the Japan open a few years ago.