• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

I never threw a Firebird until today - the winds were gusting over 20, and I had a 170 DX I got on the cheap last winter, and thought it would be a good day to see what this disc is all about.

My first throw was right into the breeze, and I was hoping for a wind fighter - what I got was a wind ass kicker, went past a basket I rarely get to. Later in the day, another "into the teeth of the wind" shot, same result. Both shots were dead nuts straight as well.

I AM impressed!

I never threw a Firebird until today - the winds were gusting over 20, and I had a 170 DX I got on the cheap last winter, and thought it would be a good day to see what this disc is all about.

My first throw was right into the breeze, and I was hoping for a wind fighter - what I got was a wind ass kicker, went past a basket I rarely get to. Later in the day, another "into the teeth of the wind" shot, same result. Both shots were dead nuts straight as well.

I AM impressed!

Now get yourself a tasty flattish star firebird. mmm mmm good.

I bought a domey 167 champ Firebird last year, same run as the FAFs, nice and stiff. She was a real meathook at first jumping out of my hand before I released. But over time we have grown together. She has beat into a more dependable disc than I could have imagined and I have learned to throw an OS disc and a speed 9 at that, as well as FH and OH. I recently acquired a 166 glow champ FAF to start the cycle again. :)

20kspcw.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I missed the window to edit.

I love Firebirds so here is a thread about it.

Post cool FB pics, or your experiences with this great disc.

It would be nice to get a comprehensive review of the different runs as well.

I am going to start with a pic but will add more tomorrow.

KGrHqRloE3H5fZvLbBOFgId0UKw_12.jpg

Erock you know that would should come home with me to his brothers.

I bought a domey 167 champ Firebird last year, same run as the FAFs, nice and stiff. She was a real meathook at first jumping out of my hand before I released. But over time we have grown together. She has beat into a more dependable disc than I could have imagined and I have learned to throw an OS disc and a speed 9 at that, as well as FH and OH. I recently acquired a 166 glow champ FAF to start the cycle again. :)

I actually prefer the ones with a bit of dome. The gummier pre-#s 12x and "no time" ones are especially tasty. The stiff FAF ones are just too OS for my liking. I have a board flat one w/ a high PLH and it's practically useless except for short skip shots. It doesn't even roll that great...

I actually prefer the ones with a bit of dome. The gummier pre-#s 12x and "no time" ones are especially tasty. The stiff FAF ones are just too OS for my liking. I have a board flat one w/ a high PLH and it's practically useless except for short skip shots. It doesn't even roll that great...

Yeah I hear ya, I had a domey gummy 12x for a while, it was great, but it was stolen. I really liked how my current one beat in so hopefully the new one will be similar.

I threw a Firebird for the first time yesterday when I was play a round. It's a 12X Champ 175g, and needless to say it was more stable than I was expecting. It will be a great disc to have in the bag.

Good luck finding them. Ill pay whatever someone wants for them.

Hero has new run (JL) 150 firebirds up right now. They aren't flat but the one I have isn't dome-tastic either. Real close to gradual dome seen on the 12x before they started flattening them.

So I have a max weight CFR glow firebird, it's by far the most stable disc I've thrown. I typically can throw a 350-400ft forehand roller with a firebird.. I tried it twice with this mofo and it refused to roll, would give me an anhyzer forehand instead. I might have to look into using it overhand or not at all. I got it to roll on the third try by changing my mechanics, but I still can't believe how hard it was to get it down on the ground~

Does anyone have similar experiences with these being super stable? These are way more stable than any FAF 11x birds I have thrown..

Well it says all things Firebird right? :thmbup:

Still very surprised Innova allowed this image to be used for one of our local tournaments. CFR Champ Glow Firebird with rainbow stamps #1-50.

And if things go as planned with the new order from Innova I may have something pretty cool to post in here down the road. As to not jinx anything I will stay quiet until the order is actually delivered, just placed it last week. Fingers crossed. :hfive:

Attachments

• Champ_FireBird_RotP.jpg
    Champ_FireBird_RotP.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 91

Latest posts