• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2011 - Rochester NY

SmoothSailor

* Ace Member *
Who's planning on going? Anyone wanna caravan? I don't stay in hotels, I like to camp if that makes a difference for you. Looking to get a campsite for 20+ people if we can swing it.

If you wanna camp there are only 2 locations that are relatively close - one being Hamlin beach State Park - the other is Lakeside beach state park - Both these places are 20+ minutes from Basil/Parma/Chili/MCC/etc. both are pretty nice though...

I'm planning on playing. Still ticked I couldn't play Ams this year. Hopefully I'll have vacation time by then.

Hopefully I'll have vacation time by then.

All I know is I work to play disc golf. I make that clear at every job and they're pretty understanding. I told this job that I would be playing almost every weekend next spring and summer and it turns out we don't even work on the weekend so that's good and I told them I wanted to do AM Worlds and go watch USDGC and they're cool with it. Vaca time or not I always go play.

Invitees will be posted online mid-Feb once all of the 2010 stats have been processed which aren't usually completed until the end of January. Then, emailed invites with registration info will be sent by mid-March. Invitees have 60 days to enter before the event is then opened to all Ams who are current PDGA members, usually around May 15th.

Chuck, I imagine the pool of official invitees would be getting quite large these days? Is it getting close to being a "you must qualify" event?

Last edited:
I am going to watch. I will probably stay near Letchworth State Park. It is beautiful with waterfalls and cheap camping, but it is almost an hour away.

o ok sweet. Dam its a 10 hour drive from me. Anyone down in the illinois area up for the Am worlds?
Hey man, if you come up and have to hit 80 or 76 and you don't have anyone to travel with I'll either pitch in on gas/camping/room with you to go out there or I'll drive etc etc.

Chuck, I imagine the pool of official invitees would be getting quite large these days? Is it getting close to being a "you must qualify" event?
This year there were only 92 (or something close to that) invitees. I know it didn't hit 100. The total number of players for all the divisions was 512 so if it does become a qualifier it won't be for a few years (and hopefully by then I'll be able to qualify or be playing in an open pool).

^^^Yeah, in my mind, that's always been one of the great things about disc, if you want to play in the am, or even pro worlds, there are spots open. I haven't looked in a number of years, and was just wondering if it was getting tougher to play, just because you would like the experience. Sounds like that's not the case.

Assuming I can go, I'm definitely down for some camping. I've got a tent that'll sleep 3 or 4 comfortably, depending on if peeps bring air mattresses and such.

Rochester has claimed they want to host up to 700. So it's probably not a problem. Disc golfers that get invited are notoriously late at entering before the 60-day deadline so no divisions have been filled before those not invited have a chance to enter.