• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

UTTERBACK said:
I was informed this weekend that I could possibly have something of interest here. I believe that it could be an old omega SS from the late 90s. I have no clue what run it could be, but it is not super floppy or gritty. It's smooth, grippy, firm compared to my black 1.30, and slightly concave. Just wondering if any of you remember what if the Ice Bowl that year stamped any Omega SSs or if it is just a soft, old dx aviar. I now realize that the pictures aren't as big and detailed as they could be, but it's marked 174g.
Basically the feel would be the only way to tell. They did a big variety of discs for those Ice Bowls, and without any markings on the disc it would be impossible to tell if it was a P & A, an AP or an SS other than just by the feel.

Having said that, smooth, grippy and firmer than a 1.30 sounds like an Aviar P & A circa 1999. The AP's had a very gritty feel and the SS's were floppy.

Well seeing as I've only been playing since May of 2010, I trust that you know more about this stuff than I do. You say the APs were gritty and it isn't, and you say that the SSs were floppy, which it isn't so it must just be a softer DX blend. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's a sweet flier.

Omega SS Questions:

How do the 1.31 and 1.32 runs feel compared to the 1.30 run? Lost a black one and no local vendors :(

What runs were the really gritty feeling ones of old, like 1.14 or something like that? With the big full color stamp.

Thanks in advance

Yup, got one of those as well, got it as a random tester from Powergrip. =)

Don't actually like that much, way too understable. The MOLF that came with it was much more resistant to turning over.

those white ones are more like longer eagles. They have their place. They definitely turn if you torque or flex them. but they are actually my favorite QOLF for pinpoint shots

Not that it was flippy, I was just expecting it to be much closer to the PD. If I take it for what it is instead of what it "should be", it's a very decent disc.

Smyith said:
Omega SS Questions:

How do the 1.31 and 1.32 runs feel compared to the 1.30 run? Lost a black one and no local vendors :(

What runs were the really gritty feeling ones of old, like 1.14 or something like that? With the big full color stamp.

Thanks in advance
My 1.30's have a little grit to them. So does the 1.31. The 1.32 is kind of slick, not sure what that is about... I think I'd stay away from that run.

5/24/12 -- The Omega SuperSoft 1.33 will be available soon as it nears completion in production. (good...)

I don't know. The 1.32 run is OK. Took it out a few weeks ago and found it easy enough to work with. I have a beat-to death 25 and a 24 in the bag now. Put others (24, 27, 27 and 30) thru similar workouts in the past. The 32 may be a little slicker feel, but it's not like the first r-pro run.
Looking forward to trying out the light weight Scorpious.

ADiscand3Plates said:
Looking forward to trying out the light weight Scorpious.
You and me both!! Did you see the new "Mayan Calendar" M-color Astra?? :shock: I'll have to have one just cuz. :lol:

So Discmania Blizzards are out...Where in the hell are the Blizz Quasars!?!? Seriously, I am getting impatient.

From what I understand the innova production schedule has been way behind. Millennium is the mercy of that schedule

Hey Zam! What do you think this is worth?

10/10 with the little white sticker still on it. The guy said it was meant to go over for the Japan Open but was overweight at 152.2g.

img7825vm.jpg

img7826u.jpg

So I have been throwing a buddies 174 Sirius Orion Long Fade (SOLF?) while he recovers from a fucked up ankle, and I've got to ask, why don't these discs get more run? I really like this disc, and I think it's a great disc for beginners, but nobody talks about Millennium. I like it so much, I've got one coming in the mail.

Just made the switch to a SOLF after losing my S PD, it's a flat, orange 170, 1.2, and seems more overstable than the S PD I was using in that slot. I still like it quite a bit - should I look into MOLFs or different SOLFs for a little less LSS?

inthedrift said:
Just made the switch to a SOLF after losing my S PD, it's a flat, orange 170, 1.2, and seems more overstable than the S PD I was using in that slot. I still like it quite a bit - should I look into MOLFs or different SOLFs for a little less LSS?

1.1 SOLF's tend to be a little bit less overstable than 1.2's. I don't know what the consensus opinion is on the 1.3's, but the only one I've thrown was much more understable than I'd want from any OLF variant.