• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

I just found this CE blend Polaris LS (1.12) in great condition at my local PIAS for $5. It was literally the cheapest disc they had in their rack... there were several beat to crap late run Innova DX discs that were marked at $6 or $7. It's weird how Millennium stuff gets no love...

6931772720_c14b355829_z.jpg

burdphil said:
I just found this CE blend Polaris LS (1.12) in great condition at my local PIAS for $5. It was literally the cheapest disc they had in their rack... there were several beat to crap late run Innova DX discs that were marked at $6 or $7. It's weird how Millennium stuff gets no love...

6931772720_c14b355829_z.jpg
What weight is it and how much do you want for it? :mrgreen:

zj1002 said:
QPLS - test a few that came into work. They have some solid colored QPLS that resemble the opaque plastic from the 1.8 QJLS mishap but the blend is better. Feels more durable. Not as stable as the CE-QPLS but really nothing ever will be. I still need to test the stardust QPLS we got because they PLH and dome was more significant

finally the SJLS - The plastic is a really nice Sirius blend. Grippy and most came out with a nice dome. Some are very champy-star. The dome and PLH/shoulder feel a lot like the domey CE-QJLS felt in my hand. I am going to see if I can break one in to eventually replace my CE stash.

I am really happy with the 150 QJ 1.8 mishaps and my 150 SJs. Any idea if these new runs come in 150 weights?

burdphil said:

If my PIAS EVER had anything Millennium for $5....I buy it all sight unseen...then I go out and buy me a lottery ticket :D

Steady 26542 said:
What weight is it and how much do you want for it? :mrgreen:

It's 170g, and I think I'm going to do some field work with it for a couple of weeks to see if it works itself into my bag. I'm not a disc collector, so if I don't end up throwing it I would probably sell/trade it.

It's much more stable than I was expecting. I can really lay into it and it won't turn over. Are most CE discs similarly more stable than their non-CE counterparts?

Stopped by PIAS again and picked up this Aurora MS for $4. It's in practically new condition, still had the original price sticker on it. It has the Ontario tooling on the underside... can anyone tell me a little bit about this disc? Specifically what year it's from...

6939148656_e7031e96f8_z.jpg

Wtf, CE? Since when?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180864739574&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_3492wt_1110

I have felt that exact 1.7 "CE blend". It definitely has some CE to it. Not a pure CE. More like really good pro or kc mixed with CE. Its a nice disc for sure. The profile molded up to make it feel like the beefy CE.

Hey, i thought this would be the best place to find them but does anyone have any 1.27 omega supersoft max weights? willing to pay or trade great for them. Thanks for the info.

bigbo587 said:
Hey, i thought this would be the best place to find them but does anyone have any 1.27 omega supersoft max weights? willing to pay or trade great for them. Thanks for the info.

I have two in mid-weight.
a Omega SS Green 175 Normal 6 Normal 1.22
a Omega SS Yellow 162 Normal 8 Normal 1.24
a Omega SS White 160 Blank 10 Normal 1.27
a Omega SS White 171 Blank 10 Normal 1.27
a Omega SS Pink 169 Blank 10 Normal 1.30
a Omega SS White 175 Blank 10 Bar ?
a Omega SS Orange 172 Blank 9 Worlds Biggest 2008

Have to go back and think this thru, but a pair of 22's 24's or 25's would make a good trade.

Anybody got more feedback on the Stardust QJ's? Thinking about replacing my 11x EL's with these as the 11x EL's are getting harder and more expensive to replace.

BLURR said:
Anybody got more feedback on the Stardust QJ's? Thinking about replacing my 11x EL's with these as the 11x EL's are getting harder and more expensive to replace.
Daydreams had some last time I was there. Zj said he liked em a couple pages back or in his bag thread. A 12x eel would be closer in flight though.

My understanding was that Innova was phasing out the EL mold. So that is why I was thinking of switching to the JLS. If that's not the word, then the EL's can stay.

BLURR said:
My understanding was that Innova was phasing out the EL mold. So that is why I was thinking of switching to the JLS. If that's not the word, then the EL's can stay.
Wait till they get hard to find. I'll sniff some out for you. I see those things everywhere.

The current 1.9 QJLS are definitely on the straight stable side. Thrown flat or with bit of hyzer they hold straight out of the box. The SJLS are really nice and I prefer that plastic right now. I added one to compliment my beat up 165g ce/pro JLS. The current stardust honestly didn't have the best grip.

The jackal is also probably the next best thing to an EL if you are looking for turn out of the box. The Q/SJLS might take a few months to break into flippy out of the hand

zj1002 said:
The current 1.9 QJLS are definitely on the straight stable side.

The SJLS are really nice and I prefer that plastic right now. I added one to compliment my beat up 165g ce/pro JLS. The current stardust honestly didn't have the best grip.
I agree with the 1.9 comment.

ZJ, how is the SJ compared to the 1.9 QJ as far as stability and feel? Are they a different run?? 1.2? I found the 1.1 SJ to be hard and overstable.

Just got these in today off a guy on ebay:

7137658707_cebc5bab6c_c.jpg

6991599810_85ace7cc25.jpg

Two 1.1's and a 1.3. The 1.1's feel great, firm and chalky. The 1.3 is a stickyish blend of pro/se, kind of velvety tacky. It has a pretty cool multi color stamp too Can't wait to throw them.