• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

The 167-ish 1.3 SOLF I have has low HSS, and sometimes won't fade out from a turnover. The 175 I have has a cereal-bowl dome and a super slanted rim, and flies like a meathook. It's hard to sum up the 1.3 run, I think.

Steve said:
Hey Zam! What do you think this is worth?
honestly have no clue where the market is at for something like that, but it's pretty cool!

zj1002 said:
It's the most valuable QOLF there is
there ARE heavy protos with QF marking, and those are more rare and should get more $$. there aren't many of those.

i would rank them as so:
- original protos from 2004 marked QF, no stamp
- QF with production stamp (a few were stamped from the proto batch)
- Japan QF like Steve's
- production stamp 150-class QOF
- bar-stamp testers (124 made, all heavy, all QOF)
- Japan QOF
- production stamp QOF
- 1.2s beyond are total junk

My favorite driver is my pink SOLF 1.2 at 172. For backup I have some QOLFs 1.2. I tried to buy some SOLFs 1.3 and MOLFs but they seemed to not be the same disc. They had slanted rims and didn't fly the same. In fact the SOLFs had the largest and lumpy dome I have ever seen on a disc, it should have never made it past QC. Since then I have been on the lookout for Q and S OLF 1.2s. I hope the QC tightness up and they go back to making them like the 1.1 or 1.2s...

a bit off from point here, I came across a SOLF with 2009 WBDGW stamp this past weekend, is it 1.1? It felt like it....

I got a clear Qmega 175 two days ago and played three rounds with it, Opto Pure and 166 S Ion opaque non sand blasted. The Qmega didn't have finger sticking issues that i noticed at full power. The winds showed the inherent understability of this disc despite the flash. The Qmega is a slow putter which helped a ton in limiting going too far. I played a course that i played last fall and on many holes i needed to switch to a slower class disc and with that background the Qmega fared well. The grip in the dew and initially cool weather was an issue as long as i didn't dry the disc. Drying it gave me no problems flight wise except once. I loosened up the grip too much to an early slip but that was my fault. For colder raining weather i prefer the grippier Sole and the Rhyno for distance limitation to under long putter range. As it happened the course had plenty of holes where i needed to sneak, limit reach back and use pulled power with the arm even with the Qmega. The winds pushed and flipped the disc a little in the worst gusts but overall it can handle pretty mych wind. In putts it sinks more than i like in lasers beyond 20'. For a push putt the lesser glide and speed with more fade than the Pure and the Ion is probably a bonus. For annied tight turns with limiting how far the disc flies, skips or rolls the Qmega has an advantage in getting to ground not too late or fast moving to get away from the basket. It gave me my best average result on a mando tight right downhill 210-220' IIRC hole. Even in the wind so not bad at all. The flash and the small bead did not bother me at all.

I was surprised by the amount of LSS of this disc compared to my 8 ago bought and later donated Omega SS. For tight spots one may need to give a degree of anny to compensate so it ain't easy. Teh way to do that is to let it sit annied on the hand and throwing flat.

What is the best flying QJLS shape and which kind are the most common? I saw almost totally flat tacky lime green non see through QJLSs at varuste.net and so far i've only seen clear domey slick ones. I am not a fan of the clear ones so are the flatter QJLSs more HSS and by how much and what is the difference in LSS?

The new 1.2 SJLS is softer than the 1.1 run. 8) The 1.1 was very hard and just didn't feel good in my hand plus it was too overstable comparing it to the QJ. I know ZJ said it was less stable than the 1.1. I'm really hoping so. I hope it's similar to the old QJ's. Not sure if that is possible, but I can hope. :D I will update everyone tomorrow.

I also picked up some 1.3 SOLF's and will conpare them to the other runs. It is the same nice softer plastic as well.

I'm about to purchase few OLFs for my distance driver slot. But my preferred disc golf store has two different runs on sale, 1.2 and 1.3. So, what are the differences between these two runs?

Roottori said:
I'm about to purchase few OLFs for my distance driver slot. But my preferred disc golf store has two different runs on sale, 1.2 and 1.3. So, what are the differences between these two runs?
What plastic? (M, S, or Q)

The light 1.2 QOLF (around 162) is beefy as all hell.

The 1.2 SJLS is less stable than the 1.1's in my opinion. The 1.2 SJ I tested was a bit overstable comparing it to some old seasoned QJ's. (bubble and no bubbles) I'm gonna say that the 1.2 SJ, 1.9 QJ, and 1.10 QJ all have similar stability. The SJ should beat in much quicker and be less stable sooner.

ZJ, I think you are "right on" on your description. 8)

Steady 26542 said:
What plastic? (M, S, or Q)

The light 1.2 QOLF (around 162) is beefy as all hell.

They have 1.2's in S and 1.3's in all three. I was thinking about getting one in M and another in S.

Roottori said:
I was thinking about getting one in M and another in S.
I think that would be a good choice. The M typically has a bit more glide and of course beats in quicker. I have a 150 1.2 MOLF that is beat in and has a slight S flight. It was more overstable than the 1.1. I really like the feel of the 1.3 S plastic. Soft and grippy.

Guys, how do the 1.3 MOLF's compare to the 1.2's regarding stability??

Felt a blank scorpius. Reminds in feel of a villain or hurricane. Not as concave as a Villain in the wing, bit flatter.

It's a bit deeper and less rim width than a traditional Innova speed 12. Similar to the way lat64 does theirs, deeper rim smaller wing width

Can't throw it since its for a stamping job at work, but man I'm still excited

zj1002 said:
Felt a blank scorpius. Reminds in feel of a villain or hurricane. Not as concave as a Villain in the wing, bit flatter.

It's a bit deeper and less rim width than a traditional Innova speed 12. Similar to the way lat64 does theirs, deeper rim smaller wing width

Can't throw it since its for a stamping job at work, but man I'm still excited

Was this in the blizzard plastic or regular?

Latest posts