• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

Thought I would like soft better. Not turning out that way. Still early on in the fight though. Carrying both for now to figure it out.

me too

I'm a fan of most soft discs but the normal feels soooo much better.m

The soft was almost too grippy for me but still feels good.

Soft one was sticking to my hands on release when putting, but it is a beast off the tee. The normal smoke grey ones is the fastest conversion I have ever made on a putting putter.

If they weren't sold out everywhere I would buy 20 of them.

If I could specify color on the order, I would buy 32 directly from MVP and start up a business. That is how much I love them.

the color doesn't really matter at all for feel or flight though...?

I find most people care about color on their putters. If for no other reason than to look down at the same thing each time. I personally dig the Smoke color, but my white one I'm using for approaches feels/flys/putts exactly the same way.

Thought I would like soft better. Not turning out that way. Still early on in the fight though. Carrying both for now to figure it out.

I bought one of each and I agree. I have already decided on the firmer ones already though.

Even better than pink and white would be black.

2 soft smokes here, also, pretty much made the putting putter slot this weekend after 6 rounds with my buddy in TN.

Have to see how the softs feel when it's 95 out, I've got 2 'firms' I want to drive some with, but am thinking I may sub in firms when it the days get burny here.

I put a regular and a soft Atom through a tough debut at Charlotte Putting League Tuesday night. Probably threw about 200+ putts with them, all from 30 feet, often with a brick wall as backstop.

They feel great in the hand, with plastic very reminiscent of older, soft Pro Rhynos. The outer mold withstood a lot of hard impact and dented a but, but didn't gouge or chip. The inner mold plastic was a different story entirely. Where the inner and outer molds join, at the bead-line, the inner mold plastic would gouge and shred if you looked at it hard. I was having to take a lighter or sandpaper to the burrs about every other set of throws. Still, I liked how they flew, and they really stick to the chains (partner and I finished 5-1).

The soft could easily take a lot of throws away from my staple Pro Rhynos.

Had a couple off days with the Atom recently, so I just tried it against my old Judges on the practice basket.

Atom wins. Sometimes you just need a refresh to make it click again.

Holding out hope for a blend one notch harder than Electron, still.

Yup, I'm hoping the Electron Hard comes out like this one old grippy Yeti I have. I mostly want the durability to improve, but just getting a firmer putter will also be nice.

I'm kinda loling inside at the whole, MVP finally puts out a less durable plastic, and right away it's too less durable.

Not flaming you guys, I get that they need one more for the reely firm putter guys, it's just funny how picky we, as a group, are about discs, our putters in particular.

My desire for a firm putter is for feel. I think Electron is plenty durable, and I actually think a firmer blend will have a tougher time going back into shape than these blends.

Personally, I though the main reason a baseline plastic was highly anticipated from MVP was the grip and feel; it's not like most people want a lack of durability. And they clearly achieved an amazing feel in the plastic. But I've found Yeti Pro, KC Pro and BT Med to all have better durability so far compared to Electron.

After my protos received their initial battle scars they seem to be not getting any new or unreasonable damage. They aren't new anymore so I stopped babying them and just chuck em with abandon. As long as they stay a circle I'm happy.