• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

Beaded putters are often too deep feeling, I'm on a beadless tear right now. The only beaded disc in my bag is the tiny bead on the Harp.

I've been looking for a putter to replace my Mako for short approaches. Picked up an Electron Atom the other day to compare to a couple of other models. Threw it today several times in direct comparison to the other discs and decided to bag it. It's the designated disc for short approaches, now. I like the feel of the low profile for approach shots and it holds lines for me like the Mako does, without any worry about wind causing it to glide long past the pin.

I reckon it's a regular, as it feels like a base plastic and doesn't have any markings to indicate a soft blend. I'm still learning MVP plastics. It's a bit lighter than what I usually throw (159g) and still held to lines well in the wind today.

If it doesn't say soft under Electron then it's a regular. I have a reg 160g Atom and it is a blast to throw

I prefer the Atom in this thread. The one in the other thread is garbage

I prefer the Atom in this thread. The one in the other thread is garbage

Agreed.

I enjoyed putting with the Atom I tested. Wasn't going to challenge my current putters but liked the very neutral flight. Little too shallow of a rim for me, but good putter none the less.

Any idea if/when new plastics will come out for the ATOM? also, why can't MVP make more color options with the rims like Axiom? really all black all the time....mix it up brah.

ATOM rules

Are they really that close? If so I may grab a proxy for driving.

Are they really that close? If so I may grab a proxy for driving.

I found them to be slightly different. Partially because the Atom seasons a bit, and has a bit of fade. At least, the ones I have did.

So, what I started to see pretty quickly was something akin to:

Proxy:Atom=>Tbird:Eagle

Nothing that makes them wildly different now. But I was getting more putterish drift/turn and more putterish fade from the Atom on putter drives.

The proxy flies like an atom that has been lightly used. When atoms are fresh they have a bit of fade, whereas the proxy is more or less straight. Though my soft proxy has a touch of fade but not as much as an atom. The atom also loses its stability faster obviously because of the plastic. My year+ old proxy and a used(was a putting putter for a couple months and has been used as approach/driver for several months) but not abused atom are pretty interchangeable.

Last edited:
The proxy flies like an atom that has been lightly used. When atoms are fresh that have a bit of fade, whereas the proxy is more or less straight. Though my soft proxy has a touch of fade but not as much as an atom. The atom also loses its stability faster obviously because of the plastic. My year+ old proxy and a used(was a putting putter for a couple months and has been used as approach/driver for several months) but not abused atom are pretty interchangeable.

Yeah I think if I'd thrown my Atoms for longer I would see the same thing. They're not crazy different. Aside from plastic feel of course.

The Proxy, for GYRO molds, is like the dictionary picture for "neutral."

The Atom is one disc that I can't stop talking about. This weekend I'm going to ditch my Daggers and have an approach Atom and a putting Atom. I was worried about it beating in but it's just gotten better. If I need hyzer, give it hyzer. Wind? No problem.

The Atom is one disc that I can't stop talking about. This weekend I'm going to ditch my Daggers and have an approach Atom and a putting Atom. I was worried about it beating in but it's just gotten better. If I need hyzer, give it hyzer. Wind? No problem.

Daggers to Atoms seems like a huge jump for in the circle putting, I can't think of much that's slower, glidier, and deeper than a Dagger, or faster and shallower than an Atom. Out of curiosity, do you change your putting styles when switching between the two?