• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar p&a

Can't believe there are other people that putt with Star Aviars! Outside of a brief stint with 300 PA1's, these have been my go-to since they release this mold in Star plastic.

The bagger's:
ndsobk.jpg

The used backups:
20kcg7k.jpg

The new backups:

i78j79.jpg

What's a PnA like compared to a Pure? Never really tried out an Aviar. Played catch with my friends very briefly (unsure of style/mold) and enjoyed the flight.

I think the PnA is a little slower and straighter at low putting speeds than either a soft or medium pure. Pure was a little faster and would fall off a little quicker to me as it slowed down.
This is for putting only. I haven't used either much for approaches or drives.

Pure is a tic shallower to me and it is a better thrower. Putting is subjective but for me the aviar has more glide in the circle and stays in the air longer. I always was missing low with the pure.

Can't believe there are other people that putt with Star Aviars!

This is my putter of choice too, my most trusted putter is a San Marino 2-ringer Star. Out of the box, the Star Aviar is a turd, I dare say too overstable, so a lot of people snub it, but that is their loss. Because once this bad boy seasons into its sweet spot, you basically have a fresh DX Aviar flight path that will last a looooooooooong time, it is a beautiful thing. People ask me about my Star Aviar all the time, usually people are hateful until I let them rip it. Always makes me laugh when someone propositions a trade. In the immortal words of Redman, "Gitdaf*ckouaheeeeeeah!"

No problems in that department here :thmbup:

Out of the box, horrible chain grabber. Once it acquires some texture, whole other story. Speaking of chain grabbing, I hear MVP putters are the best!

This is my putter of choice too, my most trusted putter is a San Marino 2-ringer Star. Out of the box, the Star Aviar is a turd, I dare say too overstable, so a lot of people snub it, but that is their loss. Because once this bad boy seasons into its sweet spot, you basically have a fresh DX Aviar flight path that will last a looooooooooong time, it is a beautiful thing. People ask me about my Star Aviar all the time, usually people are hateful until I let them rip it. Always makes me laugh when someone propositions a trade. In the immortal words of Redman, "Gitdaf*ckouaheeeeeeah!"

Saw a used two ring star at my Pias yesterday. I would not use it but is it valuable enough to pick up?

the black dx pumpkins are pretty nice feeling. softer dx but not too soft. gonna be great for winter putting! i love the stamp it makes me goggle which should help me putt.

well my transition is now complete. aviar p&a for life for this guy right here. in the last few weeks I've compiled a stack of 20 dx and quite a few mcpros. nailing putts all over the place and its solidifying my game. my confidence is at an all time high and i am very glad that my long long long search for a circle putter is over.

I'd put away my Aviars a LONG time ago. Started throwing Tanks recently, and thought I'd pull a trusty old PFN Star Aviar and an old DX. Both P&A. They share the same wing as the Tank, so great consistent feel in the hand. Aviars are so much fun for laser drives and approaches. I had forgot.

Well, DX aviars might have kicked p-line maniacs out of my bag all together. I scooped 1 175g glow, 1 175g DX, 1 175g & 168g classics for the heck of it. The classics are just a bit stiffer, and might just be my putter for a while. Might have to track down another 175g for putts and throw the 168g or keep it for practice. They all have been just awesome over the course of the 150 or so putts I got in before the heavy rain this morning.

The store also had a really nice gummy champ aviar which I think I have to go back for. I like the champ for throwing, but the one I have is the slick hard champ, and that gummy just felt sooo good!

Firm DX aviars might just be the perfect putter.

That's why Paul has his own signature line in "stiff" base plastic.

It has been said before: if you can't putt with a P&A, you can't putt.

It's funny to see this thread pop up. I've been seriously considering putting with DX Aviar P&As instead of KC Aviars. Outside of the circle I hit more putts with P&As. Though I feel more consistent with KCs on windy days. I can't bring myself to carry both. I don't want there to be a certain distance where I question choose which putter to use. I'm a "push putter" & I prefer beaded mids/putters. I can't deny how good the beardless Aviar is though. I'm going to do more putting practice to be sure. Funny cause I just bought some more KC Aviars :eek:

I love my classics...firm stiff good dx plastic. Glide for days and straight. Every time I think I'm gonna miss low the putter sneaks across the top of the cage. I like how the Aviar isn't super "fast" like the pure I tried for a while.

I cannot wait for Millennium to come out with a firm Omega putter in DX plastic. I love the P&A, but the microbead helps the Omega retain it's stability just a bit longer.