• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar p&a

I cannot wait for Millennium to come out with a firm Omega putter in DX plastic. I love the P&A, but the microbead helps the Omega retain it's stability just a bit longer.

How much different is the AP plastic that they run the Omega in compared to DX? I don't have access to Omega APs around here.

Hahaha I have a two ring Sanny Star Aviar and a two ring Sanny Sirius Omega. Both lovingly broken in. They complement each other. Omega comes out on the windier days. Broken in Star/Sirius is soooo good as putter plastic. They get a bad rap because too many lazy/stupid people lack the patience to break them in. It takes about 3 years of consistent play for low speed Star/Sirius plastic molds to soften up to where they will fly like their baseline counterparts. But once they reach that point. It is a thing of beauty.

How much different is the AP plastic that they run the Omega in compared to DX? I don't have access to Omega APs around here.

AP is close to driver Pro.

I would also throw my hat in for DX type Small Beads, don't care for the super softs.

So how much stiffer are the mcpros than the classic aviars? I have a few regular DX and a few classic, the classics are noticeably stiffer. Is the mcpro stiffer yet?

Also I have been testing an all aviar putter set up, and so far it is pretty good. Gummy champ for stable, thrashed throw in the dark for understable approaches, fresh classic to putt with. I was using a Swan 1 reborn for understable approaches, and the super extra beat aviar does almost the exact same things. Aviar goes farther, but the swan hits just silly turn lines. Gonna audition a c-line P2 as well for stable/ overstable.

Aviar classics for putting have changed my short game.

So how much stiffer are the mcpros than the classic aviars? I have a few regular DX and a few classic, the classics are noticeably stiffer. Is the mcpro stiffer yet?

Some of the earlier Paul McBeth 3x McPro Aviars were/are extremely board stiff, and the McPro Roc3s were/are also extremely stiff. The 4x McPro Aviars seem to be a little less stiff... still stiff, but maybe not quite as much as the older 3x runs. I read somewhere that McBeth and Mr. Dunipace worked on the formula and softened it up a touch.

The McPro plastic is as stiff as any Innova (and most others) plastic that I've felt; McPro was at least as stiff as the KC Pro, at least to my grubby paws.

The Omega BB have already been released in DX. The small beads are supposed to be on their way :thmbup:
I don't have much experience with small bead Aviars. Am I right to assume they're more overstable than beadless Aviars but not quite as beefy as a BB? Are they closer in stability to a beadless or BB?

What's the firmest plastic for P&A's besides Mcpro's?? I like the Mcpro, but I don't like only being able to order them now and then when they are available on the factory store. I was thinking the glows would probably be the best bet, but looking for any info on firm runs.

What's the firmest plastic for P&A's besides Mcpro's?? ... I was thinking the glows would probably be the best bet...

My glow aviar is the softest one I have. It looks and feels exactly like Gateways SSS.

What's the firmest plastic for P&A's besides Mcpro's?? I like the Mcpro, but I don't like only being able to order them now and then when they are available on the factory store. I was thinking the glows would probably be the best bet, but looking for any info on firm runs.

The firmest, besides McPro, is probably KC Pro.

Also, my DX glow Aviar P&A is not as firm as KC Pro but not as soft as JK Pro. I'd say the DX Glow is similar to Yeti in softness.

The softest of all, at least that my grubby paws have held, is the GStar Aviar.

^ from your experience with the P&A mold, KC is firmest?

No, McPro (especially older runs) is firmest, from my experience. KC Pro is in second place. KC Pro is also much more readily available for purchase onliine and in stores, so it's your best shot.

Where are you getting aviar p&a in KC pro? I'd love to grab a 5 stack of those!

Have you tried the Warlock? (My apologies to the Aviar die hards)
They're not an exact match but you can find them in KC like plastic for pretty cheap.

On an unrelated note, I thought it was interesting that DaveD said the Whale is an Aviar. Does he just use Aviar as a generic putter term now or is the Whale truly close to an Aviar shape?

Latest posts