• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Axiom Alias

The Alias is shaped much like a Tangent (same core, very similar wing, flat top), but flies like an Axis.
:wall:im not sure what makes you think i dont know. and while i cant speak for yours, i can say for certain that this is not a flat top. anyone who who is wondering whether white still has problems doming up, it does not.

Here's a look at the profiles:

Tangent vs. Alias.

Axis vs. Alias.

Stacked Tangent/Alias.

Stacked Axis/Alias.

How a disc feels in one's hand is personal, and cannot be argued. The design is what it is. The Tangent and Alias are designed very similarly.

It's a touch higher PLH, and a little bit more of an upward taper on the wing.

It's a touch higher PLH, and a little bit more of an upward taper on the wing.

Awesome photos! Thanks for posting...

I'm curious about the height of the Tangent vs. Alias. The PDGA specs have the Tangent = 2.1 cm and Alias = 1.8 cm. Since they have the same core, I would expect similar (if not identical) height, correct?

The Alias I got has very slight dome compare with my Tangent which is pretty flat (which I love).

Yeah Alias is pretty much stable Tangent. Yeah flies similar to Axis.

I usually putt with soft Neutron Ion. Ha, I can putt well with mids as well but problem is mid might go past the basket too much for difficult return putt. That video is not my real round, I usually do 2-3 attempts, but sometimes there are 1 attempts. It is showcase of how Alias flies, not about me :)

I did had practice rounds and putted with Ion and Envy and I really start to like Envy as putter.

wow Jamie you are like the best disc golverr in world.

Paul's Macbeth jut deleted his 1126 video and threw all his discs in the trash.

I'm curious about the height of the Tangent vs. Alias. The PDGA specs have the Tangent = 2.1 cm and Alias = 1.8 cm. Since they have the same core, I would expect similar (if not identical) height, correct?

I often question how accurate the PDGA's measurements are. Unless they were sent a domey Tangent and a flat Alias to measure. Who knows.

wow Jamie you are like the best disc golverr in world.

Paul's Macbeth jut deleted his 1126 video and threw all his discs in the trash.

I can't tell if you know the guy personally or if you're just a douche bag.

I often question how accurate the PDGA's measurements are. Unless they were sent a domey Tangent and a flat Alias to measure. Who knows.
are we even sure this is the same core as the tangent? if i remember, you were talking confidently that the servo and resistor had the same core, till brad stepped in. not tryin to hate just wondering if this is an instance where you know or you think you know.

In the MVP Q & A, they mention that the Alias shares the same core as the other midranges.

Just to cover my butt, let's just say I am almost certain that the Tangent and Alias have the same core, based on all the evidence. BUT, there is the possibility that I'm wrong. Maybe Brad, or Chad will step in again.

Come to think of it, I seem to remember that all of the midranges have the same core. I'll have to do some searching to find the quotes though.