• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

I'm in for a small stack of these!! anodes are great but a shallower putter that isn't as stable as the envy yes please. Axiom is taking over my bag.

My bet is, given MVP's history, it will be more straight than understable. Hopefully that Magic/PA4 clone is next.

they make discs that have high speed turn and it has nothing to do with MVP history as the FR shocks can have lots of high speed turn. There is no reason to make another straight putter when the ion is that once seasoned, anodes are off the shelf and envys become that too.

they make discs that have high speed turn and it has nothing to do with MVP history as the FR shocks can have lots of high speed turn. There is no reason to make another straight putter when the ion is that once seasoned, anodes are off the shelf and envys become that too.

I should have been more specific. I know MVP's history, but generally when they describe a disc as neutral, it definitely is. I think people who are hoping to get some understability out of this might be waiting longer.

In the description it says it will be able to do "panning anhyzers"
The biggest reason the opto pure beats the envy out of my bag if I have to choose.
I can't get the envy to hold any kind of light/soft anny shots
It always fights out unless thrown hard.

The Anode is my favorite disc for long putts and short approaches, in terms of flight, but I hate the rounded inside, so I've been using an Envy instead all year. The ability to push my fingers into the corner results in more predictability. I don't like the boring/goofball name, but I think the Proxy is going to be a great match for me.

The Anode is my favorite disc for long putts and short approaches, in terms of flight, but I hate the rounded inside, so I've been using an Envy instead all year. The ability to push my fingers into the corner results in more predictability. I don't like the boring/goofball name, but I think the Proxy is going to be a great match for me.

Agreed. I love the ion but the wizards inner rim makes it a much more comfortable grip for drives. The envy however has stolen nearly every putter tee shot from my beloved wizards.

Just had to chime in and say I'm pumped about what this release could be, way more so that I am about the Theory.

Also that I'm loving the name, because I can't help but hear the word "proxy" without thinking about one of the greatest, and most underrated supporting roles in movie history: Philip Seymour Hoffman as "Sandy Lyle" in "Along Came Polly." Mediocre RomCom that was basically saved by Hoffman's tour de force. "And he's a sexy man....he's sexually active in the community." LOL, that part at the end is hilarious.

Last edited:
Agreed. I love the ion but the wizards inner rim makes it a much more comfortable grip for drives. The envy however has stolen nearly every putter tee shot from my beloved wizards.

Funny, to me its the unique feeling of the ion which I love to power grip and find wizards feel weird. Don't think I am the "norm" there though'

I'm also really excited about the Proxy. I love my Anodes for putting but I have to admit a lower profile and if it grips anything like the Envy I'll be very happy. Two neutron ones, please. Firm.

Also that I'm loving the name, because I can't help but hear the word "proxy" without thinking about one of the greatest, and most underrated supporting roles in movie history: Philip Seymour Hoffman as "Sandy Lyle" in "Along Came Polly." Mediocre RomCom that was basically saved by Hoffman's tour de force. "And he's a sexy man....he's sexually active in the community." LOL, that part at the end is hilarious.

All I can think of is Munchausen by Proxy.

Is anyone else finding their lighter Soft Envy's to already be an easier turning Envy? I have a 164 regular Neutron and its flight is pretty similar to my 174 Proton, but my 163 Soft has noticeably more turn. I actually love it, its a great combo, but I have to wonder if I'd need something even more turning than that. Maybe as an actual putting putter, which is what I thought this soft Envy was going to be until it wasn't. NM, I'll probably have all three in the bag...

Man i hope this dics is what we all think it is. an anode with an envy feel. if that is the case i am all in! so excited for this disc to get released! anywho disc on!

i find it ridiculous that people like the envy because it flies like the ion, and want the proxy to fly like an anode. the ion is shaped like a wizard and the anode like an aviar. if you dislike the feel of those discs you should maybe try another sport. i am NOT down with mvp making discs that are shaped differently, but fly the same as previous molds. but wait the new discs are low profile and multi colored! to appeal to CHUCKER$ and NOOB$.