• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Axis of Evil

Thanks Chad! It's great to hear some news from the source. People have been bugging me for info online and on the course, so it's nice to be able to tell them something. Ever since I fell in love with the Ion I've been dreaming of the Axis...I don't think I've ever been looking forward to a release more. So if I sound like a kid on Christmas Eve, I apologize! :lol:

Also I'm sure they don't want to hear "I wish my second run Axis flew like an Axis.".

BTW, I'm loving my Vectors. I'll definately be in line to try an Axis.

Exactly. But the Ion did it's job. Got the word out about MVP and made a lot of good players bags. Now they are making them "perfect" as they originally intended.

Hopefully they will come out with a smaller bead Ion down the line, hopefully under a different name. And hopefully they will fly like the bead obscured variety. If and when they do decide to do this, we won't have to hope they will fly right. We will know they will fly right. I've got a lot of faith in this company, I just want to see a good stable fairway driver from them.

It exists now! It will be in stores Sept. 16th....

Here's what I just posted on MVP's thread for those who may not have gone there....

I just chatted with Chad for a bit...as long as I could keep him away from throwing his Axis some more! Sounds like a slightly seasoned Buzzz with more glide, or a pretty much a faster/longer version of the older/straighter flying Ions. He said it may be the easiest disc to throw he's ever gotten his hands on. I think this one is going to be hugely popular! Another breakthrough for MVP! I may have to go and have a coma induced until mine comes in the mail, otherwise I may expire with anticipation...

My Buzzzes have gone to CDGS to be sold off. I should have some emotion about that, but somehow I don't. I guess I must request a new title as I don't feel comfortable being an expert on something that's not in my bag (resist your first and second urges Frank, and give me the third idea that comes to mind :lol: ).

What if, the Axis is not as good as a Buzzz? Dun dun duh.

Chad: A very important question (at least, important to me) - what weights?

Please say 165 please say 165 please say 165 . . .

Monocacy said:

Still to be determined at this time. The majority of the first runs are going to be heavy, however we will try our best to get variety in.

It sounds almost like this is going to fall between my buzzes and comets... I don't know how ifeel about that. I already feel like my older buzzes and newer comets overlap. Maybe it could chase them both out of the bag, but I kinda have my doubts. I do plan on trying it out though..

Don't get me wrong, I've been wanting to throw this disc sine the ion debut :)

cmrichar said:
Monocacy said:

Still to be determined at this time. The majority of the first runs are going to be heavy, however we will try our best to get variety in.
Thank you for the quick response, Chad, even though it is not what I want to hear. In related news, have you noticed how the big online realtors can't seem to keep light Ions in stock . . . :)

BrotherDave said:
What if, the Axis is not as good as a Buzzz? Dun dun duh.

The only way that would be possible is if it were exactly like the Buzzz, only worse in some way. MVP's gyro weight distribution and altered design is going to yield something that in the very least is significantly different from the Buzzz, therefore free from black and white modernistic hierarchical renderings such as good/better/best. :lol:

I'm wondering if it will fly much like a Buzzz SS. I know MVP doesn't want to compare, but I sounds too similar - broken in Buzzz with more glide.

I also wonder if the gyro effect will keep it from losing altitude on anhyzer throws. Is there a breakdown of the physics of this technology already posted? I'm curious to know how it affects flight on all angles of release, as well as more or less snap/more or less power.

EDIT: I might have found my answer on Discspeed's facebook review of the Vector (I did a google search) "...which tends to make discs fly with a more forward dominant flightpath regardless of the angle the disc is flying on." - that makes sense, and it's what I was expecting.

It seems like this technology is stretching out the distances that can be reached with slower molds. However, I still don't think this will solve the problem of kids wanting to throw champ bosses on a 270' hole. Anyway, what I like about this (and I don't even own any MVP yet...) is that it's progressive and stepping out of the box. It only makes sense to make physics work for you in this sport.

I'm going to definitely pick a couple up when I go to GGGT on the 24th. I'm excited to rip one down hole #4 at Blue Ribbon Pines.
hole-421-300x225.jpg

I just thought of something. Is MVP using the same material that they use on the Ion overmold with the vector and axis? I just figured that since it is meant to help grip the chains with the Ion, maybe they could change the material that would be more beneficial to that gyro effect and possibly be more durable (not that it is lacking in durability as is).