• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Borrowing and or Loaning Discs

I don't like to loan discs out but I will on occasion.... Let's say you hit a tree and put a big gash or whatever in it... now I have a disc with a big gash in it and I'm too nice to ask for $$ for that... I let my nephew borrow my new Fuse and he just up and lost it and didn't even think to pay for it... bad news lending discs out if you ask me... just go to the PIAS and get a used one or buy one and sell it here if you don't like it... or buy one and throw it off a mountain if you don't like it... :D that could be worth it, right?

again good points, but I test discs on a manicured football field with little to no chance for any damage....

I would love to throw off a mountain, but Im sure I would shank it..haha

read the post again...I did this already....and I should mention I did it even after, said buddy said that he would not accept money from me.....I forced him to take my money, and he did, hence I made up for my mistake and it should be forever erased from our history.

Problem is it was a 12X fly-dye and it was the only champ t-bird that I had that I never got a chance to throw because you lost it before I even got a chance to.

Finally after days of looking for one I settled on a used 12X X-out in champ plastic that wasn't even dyed. Still to this day that's the only champ t-bird I have.

If you'd quit wasting your money on buzzz's and sharks you'd have some extra money to buy something that might get you to that 200' mark you've been working so hard to achieve.

Problem is it was a 12X fly-dye and it was the only champ t-bird that I had that I never got a chance to throw because you lost it before I even got a chance to.

Finally after days of looking for one I settled on a used 12X X-out in champ plastic that wasn't even dyed. Still to this day that's the only champ t-bird I have.

If you'd quit wasting your money on buzzz's and sharks you'd have some extra money to buy something that might get you to that 200' mark you've been working so hard to achieve.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I say

In all reality Pete, if this guy was really your buddy he should have no problem loaning you another disc. Sort of like giving you another chance. Now if it happened again, then he would be justified on saying, "No more Pete!". I guess that's just how I see it.

Knowing the disc in question was a Teebird I would recommend just going out and buying a DX, EchoStar, and Champion. Philosophically speaking, I would still lend you discs to try, but none that I would consider using in my bag in the future.

I don't mind loaning my buddies stuff, but when I do, I expect it to be returned within a reasonable time frame. If I feel they have had it too long or forgot to return it, and I have to ask for it back, that alone might be the reason I wouldn't lend them anything else in the future. If I borrow something I am very conscious of returning in as soon as I am done with it or communicating with them on the time frame that I need it.

DDDDAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNN!!!!!!

Bert Slide - It says embedding disabled for this video.

Anyway at the url of the video you push the youtube thing and only put the letters in numbers at the end of the url. I think it has a v=xxxxxxxxxxx on the end. Only include the xxxxxxxxxx portion between the youtube thing.

Last edited:
i%20like%20were%20this%20thread%20is%20going.jpg

Do you think he is justified in his actions, I say he is a Wanker;)
Judge away

Without reading the other posts, it's his disc and he has the right to refuse for whatever reason. Whether you think the reason is valid or not is irrelevant.

That having been said I would have no problem loaning a disc to a fine upstanding disc golf citizen such as you. That is until you show me that you're too irresponsible to loan stuff to.

I would say if you really would like to test his disc here is another option. Have him meet you at the field where you will be testing his disc. Test it there with him watching the entire test maybe he throws some also. After the test he can take his disc back and you will have your answer of how the disc will tend to work for you.

Don't lie, you have that Teebird sitting in your truck waiting for the day when your friend forgives/forgets and you put it into your bag. The problem with borrowing discs is how to sleeze them into your own collection when they are awesome.

Latest posts