• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brainwave-Like Disc Dyeing

Here is what I got from a similar technique...

Wanted to marble but got some cooler effects instead.... take a look

IMG_5117_zps48212d17.jpg

IMG_5116_zpsf0bebcf3.jpg

IMG_5118_zpsaa953dbe.jpg

That is awesome

Looks like some solid progress being made. Anybody else making any headway into the world of brainwaves???

Video helps me but whatever you choose is cool with me. Thanks, ..........jerry

I wish I lived by you. I would video tape it for you and then start making these ;-p

Looks more like Blood Vessels than Brain Waves IMO

Yeah. I kinda like this better than the way Jeff done his famous ones so why not call me the Vessel guy? (please someone come up with a better name)

I can do larger waves like Jeff but I like completely dying the disc with a little bleed through from the disc color. And I also love the marbling clouds.

I am starting to master the way I do this. The past three dyes I have done, I used very little gel shaving cream and foamed it up by using the disc it self. My first disc I did (Starfire) I used a lot of shaving cream and dye. I foamed the gel shaving cream with my fingers and not the disc. And by mixing the dye and pressing the disc it made the clouds and blends better. I think.

The Volt in my bag is starting to show it's age so a new one is coming out of the box soon. Might as well look a little different.

What the heck. I'll take a stab at it. Volt with Rit Fuscia.

20130105_180813.jpg

I played with the consistency for about half an hour before adding color. Trying to figure out what to add to soap as a thickener to get some other effects.

Latest posts