• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Comet aficionados does anybody use their rattlers like a slower comet?

I use a Rattler, but it's really a completely different throw. They are both smooth motions, but you can put some juice into a Comet. With the Rattler it's more like the natural Frisbee throw. Feels quite different to me.

Price check on first run TP Comet. $25 sound about right?

I just got an X comet. man I'm wishing I would have picked one up a long time ago. I've had a Z comet for a long time but never liked it. The feel just wasn't right. The X with its give works perfectly for me. I can launch this thing close to 300ft on a straight line and it sits down perfectly. I'm a comet convert :) I have seen the light.

Yeah, X Comets fly dead straight out of the box. It doesn't take long at all before they start turning on you. You gotta live with them through that awkward phase when you don't know if they'll turn or not, but they become super awesome turnover discs once they get past it :)

^QFT

My beat up X comet is amazing for high hyzer flips that look like they should stall out, but just do a gentle turn right and keep gliding long past when any other disc would fall out of the sky.

i used to be comet thrower, then i got an MVP eclipse AXIS and it was the best alternative to my comet i had ever found.. has to be a proton version though, they just fly dead straight forever. plus they are higher speed so they go farther, yet they power down great for control mid shots at the basket.

over time my axis has become my go to for anny shots that i dont want to turn and burn.. this thing rocks

and i picked up a Neutron version thats more stable ad i can really power it up and just goes straight with slow forward fade at very end

Last edited:
i used to be comet thrower, then i got an MVP eclipse AXIS and it was the best alternative to my comet i had ever found..

The comet and axis shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence, unless you're going to compare how different they are.

The Axis is not a 'comet alternative', it's a completely different, high power mid-range. Also very good at masking throwing flaws. I see tons of new people singing the praises of the axis as a dead straight flyer, but can't get the hang of a comet. Stick with the comet for long enough and your entire game will get better, without a doubt.

The comet and axis shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence, unless you're going to compare how different they are.

The Axis is not a 'comet alternative', it's a completely different, high power mid-range. Also very good at masking throwing flaws. I see tons of new people singing the praises of the axis as a dead straight flyer, but can't get the hang of a comet. Stick with the comet for long enough and your entire game will get better, without a doubt.

QFT. I love my comet, I love my axis. But they are completely different discs. Axis is my workhorse mid because the glide is reliable. The comet glides so damn far I over shoot all the time. I like my comet for tight shots where i can't get power and need pinpoint accuracy.

Just got a fresh max weight Z and new max weight X comets. They are sweet the Z is my workhorse and the X just cleans up everything in your form. Great mid! I use the comet for everything 250-295 and in, except a hard hyzer line and a low shot those are buzzz or wasp territory.

Anyone throw A Glow Comet? Mine is screaming at me like the telltale heart from my collection but so far I've kept it out of the snow. Are they like the Z's? Mine reminds me of the profile of the third run ESP (domey).

^^ the new DD glo ones? I have heard they were like a beefy elite-z.. but i havent thrown ANY Glo .. new or old

Latest posts