• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Real men throw pink comets...so I tell myself as I take that comet out for a solid chunk of my shots throughout a round. The Comet is absolutely amazing and since getting it just a few weeks ago, it has instantly become a favorite of mine. In the woodsy courses of Central MA, the Comet is king.

Not the first disc I ever threw, but a Comet was the first disc I ever owned back in my college days. Was the disc I learned to play with along with a Magnet putter. I still carry a Z Comet in my bag. Have always carried a Comet and probably always will carry one.

I throw a Buzzz on low lines and a Comet on the high lines. Love the glide and the flip of the disc. Great Anny disc too.

A comet is the only disc I have ever thrown a real (non practice) Ace with.

The comet was one of the first discs I bought when I started paying. I turned a few friends onto them also. I started with a Z comet. I believe it was 175g. I lost it one day and I didn't replace it immediately. After a week or so I had to buy a new one. I got a 180g X Comet that will stay in my bag for a long time. Since then, I've beat the X Comet in and got myself a couple new Comets. Now I carry 3 with me on every round. All 180g, a Glo Z for stable shots, a Cryztal for stable to understable shots, and the X for super understable shots.

This is one of my favorite discs in my bag. Any hole around 300 feet I'll pull out one of my Comets. So fun to throw, so versatile. I can't wait to get my hands on an ESP one.

Real men throw pink comets...so I tell myself as I take that comet out for a solid chunk of my shots throughout a round. The Comet is absolutely amazing and since getting it just a few weeks ago, it has instantly become a favorite of mine. In the woodsy courses of Central MA, the Comet is king.

hahaha

Is the Watermelon colored ESP ones considered Pink?

I'm guessing that one pictured above is the new color?

that pink esp is pure pink. not watermelon. only one i've seen but not new run that has different stamp on it.

mine is a third run. well it was i traded it for a pink destroyer! maybe close to this one

that pink esp is pure pink. not watermelon. only one i've seen but not new run that has different stamp on it.

mine is a third run. well it was i traded it for a pink destroyer! maybe close to this one

Well crap. Before I drop the hammer on one of those new ESP Comets I need to know if the Watermelon is a Pink Color. I'm picky about my colors. They have a white one it's just I don't use white. lol

lol what disc is pink pink to you. i'm not sure if the color is off but i would say the one with a blue stamp is without a doubt bubblegum pink! post a picture of your valid colors. sadly i totally understand what you are talking about. i like firebirds a certain color and there are like four colors close to the color i like.

lol what disc is pink pink to you. i'm not sure if the color is off but i would say the one with a blue stamp is without a doubt bubblegum pink! post a picture of your valid colors. sadly i totally understand what you are talking about. i like firebirds a certain color and there are like four colors close to the color i like.

Well as long as it's not got green in it I'm fine lol. You know Watermelon and all. :D

I have a Bubblegum pink Zone and that sucker is still bright as could be to be 2 years old.

The 3rd Run Watermelons are closer to red than pink.

Well that's fine.

The only colors I throw are Pink,Red,Orange and Yellow. Told you guys I was picky. lol

I know how you feel. You should see my backup stash of pink Opto and TM2 Pures, yellow First Run S-PDs, and orange CFR PDs.

Man I bet those Pure's are nice. Took me a bit,but I'm starting to like my Pures more and more all the time. I'll probably end up with a bunch of them like I did with my KC Pro Aviars back when I was younger.

I'm still trying to get use to my PD's. I wouldn't say I have a noodle arm,more of a Finesse arm and I'm finding I can really only find a use for them in a Headwind at the moment. Maybe once They get broke in a bit more they'll get better for me.

I'm still trying to get use to my PD's. I wouldn't say I have a noodle arm,more of a Finesse arm and I'm finding I can really only find a use for them in a Headwind at the moment. Maybe once They get broke in a bit more they'll get better for me.

Do you have a P-Line? They're completely different animals from the S-Lines and C-Lines. Much less beef. I'm a complete finesse thrower myself, and I have fallen back in love with them. They're a perfect compliment to my seasoned first run and my beefcake CFR.

Do you have a P-Line? They're completely different animals from the S-Lines and C-Lines. Much less beef. I'm a complete finesse thrower myself, and I have fallen back in love with them. They're a perfect compliment to my seasoned first run and my beefcake CFR.

Yeah,I have an Orange P-Line.I'll have to recheck this one again and get back with you. I've been throwing my TD's a lot and the PD's have only been used in Headwinds.

I also have a Orange C-Line and a Red S-Line. These are beefy,S-Line a little less than my C-Line.

I did luck up the other day and threw my S-Line 405ft messing around on this one hole that is 426ft. But I really had to kill it to get it that distance. I don't like having to do that because I feel it messes with my form.

Good News.

Just placed my order for a 167-169 Watermelon ESP Comet.

:thmbup:

did they have pictures? or list it as watermelon. anyhow Comets are great.

anybody take out the esp comets?

i have a 172 esp comet and a 177 Z comet in the bag and i'm just thinking that i can use the z only! I got the idea from MJ since that is what he does. He said ESP comets were too hard to get! LOL

I had some LE Comets, but they never really fit into my routine. I have three Z Comets that are beefy/perfect/flippy and an X Comet that is between perfect and flippy with insane glide. I have a couple of backup Z's to cycle in if needed. The LE just never fit anywhere.

How I ended up with only one X Comet I'll never know, but I have some Tournament Pros in back up. I'll have to break down and buy some X's this year; might as well get some ESP's while I'm at it.

I had some LE Comets, but they never really fit into my routine. I have three Z Comets that are beefy/perfect/flippy and an X Comet that is between perfect and flippy with insane glide. I have a couple of backup Z's to cycle in if needed. The LE just never fit anywhere.

How I ended up with only one X Comet I'll never know, but I have some Tournament Pros in back up. I'll have to break down and buy some X's this year; might as well get some ESP's while I'm at it.

all max weight? or within a few grams of each other? just wondering if the x with insane glide is lighter.