• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

did they have pictures? or list it as watermelon. anyhow Comets are great.

anybody take out the esp comets?

i have a 172 esp comet and a 177 Z comet in the bag and i'm just thinking that i can use the z only! I got the idea from MJ since that is what he does. He said ESP comets were too hard to get! LOL

It was just listed as Watermelon. They did have a pick of white though. :wall:

I have an X comet I use for Easy Flips with insanely Glide. I use my Z for Really hard flips that go on a rope. Then the ESP is used when grip is an issue with the Z.

just picked picked up my 1st fresh x comet :hfive: couldnt find purple so i got one with a purple stamp

:hfive:

The only colors I throw are Pink,Red,Orange and Yellow. Told you guys I was picky. lol

Yeah that is specific. I started trying to color code my discs, but the main colors in my bag right now are blue, red, yellow and orange. As long as everything is easy to see in the grass I'm happy :)

Just placed my order for a 167-169 Watermelon ESP Comet.

Some people in the new ESP Comet thread said it was really flippy, so curious what you think about the disc

Yeah that is specific. I started trying to color code my discs, but the main colors in my bag right now are blue, red, yellow and orange. As long as everything is easy to see in the grass I'm happy :)

Some people in the new ESP Comet thread said it was really flippy, so curious what you think about the disc

That's what counts. As long as you can see it in the grass then your good. That's why I throw the colors I do.

Here in a few days I'll get to see how flippy it is.

Right now it's tough not having my Buzzz in the bag. Trying to get back use to these comets again is tricky,but I know it will only help me in the end.

Yeah, im currently debating between what crap disc to use. Dragon, comet, etc.

comet isn't for everyone. and if you play in the woods with low ceilings it better to power a buzzz low. but anyhow it does play well with buzzz and great for any upshot.

comet isn't for everyone. and if you play in the woods with low ceilings it better to power a buzzz low. but anyhow it does play well with buzzz and great for any upshot.

I pair my Comets with my Ibexes. The Comets have more glide and will hit the lines with less power, but they need more height there as well. I am of the opinion that a Comet plays well with every disc, though :) :p

all max weight? or within a few grams of each other? just wondering if the x with insane glide is lighter.
The X with insane glide is heavier. It had a 177+ sticker. I have two lighter (172-173g) Z's that are similar in flight to the X and more consistent than the X but the don't go/go/go like that crazy X Comet.

For me as a not-so-serious weenie-arm, I just laugh when something hooks up and goes 100' past the basket. I'm always short, so when something goes long it's more entertaining than anything. 90% of the time when something just hooks up and crushes 100' past where I was aiming, it's that silly X Comet. God I love that thing!

I have no idea how many times people have seen me bomb a Comet and ask me what it was, when I tell them the Comet, they get this deer in headlights look. It mainly happens when I overthrow a 350 foot hole that they didn't reach with a fairway driver.

All hail the ESP Comet!

The X with insane glide is heavier. It had a 177+ sticker. I have two lighter (172-173g) Z's that are similar in flight to the X and more consistent than the X but the don't go/go/go like that crazy X Comet.

For me as a not-so-serious weenie-arm, I just laugh when something hooks up and goes 100' past the basket. I'm always short, so when something goes long it's more entertaining than anything. 90% of the time when something just hooks up and crushes 100' past where I was aiming, it's that silly X Comet. God I love that thing!

ugghh yeah i have to start breaking in another x-comet to go with my z's.. lost my favorite orange seasoned x-comet a few weeks back :thmbdown:

Yeah I know haha. I tried it, I see that it can be a great disc. As is the Roc to many people but I like neither. To each his own. Enjoy your comet throwing!! :)

I have no idea how many times people have seen me bomb a Comet and ask me what it was, when I tell them the Comet, they get this deer in headlights look. It mainly happens when I overthrow a 350 foot hole that they didn't reach with a fairway driver.

All hail the ESP Comet!

I love seeing this look on people. They don't know what to do when they see a disc go 400' on a frozen rope

I had this same exact thing happen the other day,the Deer in headlights look.

There is this hole on my local course that is 426ft. It is a Tunnel shot with trees on each side and then it opens for 40 ft to the basket. It's a tough shot so I always just throw a Comet and make it about 320ft to 350ft down the gut with it.

The other day some guys were looking for a disc in the woods to the left on the hole. They told me to play through. Pulled my Comet out and threw it straight down the middle for about 340ft. They asked what was that? I said a Comet. They both paused for a second and said that's crazy.

It was a cool disc golf moment. :D

I love seeing this look on people. They don't know what to do when they see a disc go 400' on a frozen rope

Even better than the perfectly straight shot is the shot that goes straight for 350' then gradually makes a turn to the right, people can never believe that one. Right when they think it's going to fade out it does the opposite.

Even better than the perfectly straight shot is the shot that goes straight for 350' then gradually makes a turn to the right, people can never believe that one. Right when they think it's going to fade out it does the opposite.

I love those right handed lefty lines.

another bump for comet love.. dyemax glo-z :) .. oh fwiw its just held to light not actually glowing in the pic :eek:

Attachments

• glo comet.jpg
    glo comet.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 28