• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Have an x comet about 175ish and a crystal comet 177+, boy do i love those two discs, these teo discs have greatly improved my form, helped me drop strokes off my game, and became a staple of my bag (along side a beat to hell crystal buzzz and a freah z buzzz) the comet is one of my absolute favorite discs, the effortless distance, and the glide!! :)

damn this thread!!

got my nephew a z comet as a starter disc. i said he can only use that disc to drove with for a while. he is mashing it hard in a good way. gave him a leopard and he is doing well with that too. wish i had my knowledge i have now when i started.

cannot wait to get a esp and z comet soon!! wonderful disc!!

I got my Z Comet as part of a Discraft misprint pack, and I have to say, it's the one disc I always have confidence in. I have yet to totally control it off the teepad, but from 100' and in, I can pretty much hold any line with it. The ESP version has me very curious, to say the least.

How do you guys feel like the DD Fugitive stacks up against it? It feels very similar in my hand, but doesn't glide as well, and runs a bit OS in comparison.

Even better than the perfectly straight shot is the shot that goes straight for 350' then gradually makes a turn to the right, people can never believe that one. Right when they think it's going to fade out it does the opposite.

Yep that's another one of my personal favorites. Throw it and let it ride straight for a good 300-350 because you put a little stank on it with a little hyzer angle and then all of a sudden it just slowly starts falling to the right instead of left. I do that shot at Downriver on hole 11. Always get some very strange looks from people.

Just interfering here. I'm about to buy a Comet now after all good reviews, but which plastic should I get it in? I'm not that familiar with discraft, only throwing a Buzzz and it's flx.

I like all Comets I think... ESP plastic is a GREAT plastic for a Comet IMO. I like the Z Comets as well, but ESP is quite a bit grippier. X is glidier and beats in faster. Just get a Z, break it in, and you'll understand the Comet love.

Might as well get an X too, will beat in to a great turnover mid faster and is the best finesse mid on the market.

I got one of the newer ESP's in the mail today. Man is it sweet looking.

I won't be able to throw it til Monday though. :(

Yeah my ESP is a lot flatter than my Elite X too.

I have yet to throw my ESP yet so I'm thinking you'll be using it more for lower lines with more power? I know my Elite X needs quite a bit of height to get it's flight and distance right.

Yeah, mine will get use for lower lines too.

Also, my ESP has about the same HSS as a fresh X (a little less than Zs I've thrown) and more LSS than an X (and most Zs I've thrown), so I also use it on holes where I need a little more finish at the end. And hopefully it will hold this fade for longer in it's life cycle in ESP.

Last edited:
Yeah, it will get use for lower lines too.

Also, my ESP has about the same HSS as a fresh X (a little less than Zs I've thrown) and more LSS than an X (and most Zs I've thrown), so I also use it on holes where I need a little more finish at the end. And hopefully it will hold this fade for longer in it's life cycle in ESP.

Nice man.

That's great news about the flight of this ESP Comet. :thmbup:

Nice man.

That's great news about the flight of this ESP Comet. :thmbup:

Yeah I'm pretty pumped. With how flat it was I was worried it was going to be really flippy and lack some glide. While it does lack some glide when compared to an X, it flies exactly like I would want an ESP Comet to fly.

Granted, this is my personal experience after 1 round at a wooded course and a short field session with one particular Comet... but still, a promising first data point.