• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

so i took a stack of comets to the course today and i was def throwing with some flutter. what is my issue? it was noticed on short upshots.

Tourney Pro beats in a lot quicker than X, but it's grippy greatness. IMO it had the best grip on any plastic ever. I really, really dig TP Comets, but the flight isn't really different from an X Comet with a good dome. TP was the shrinkiest plastic ever so the diameter is a bit smaller and they always, ALWAYS had dome. There is no such thing as a flat TP Comet. Like all old plastic, it breaks. They like to split in two. I just got to the point where I just replaced all of mine so I didn't have to worry about it.

great info thats 3P .. i think i will hold off and stick with the elite-x for now.. but gots to be the old elite-x.. not too crazy about this new stuff :thmbdown:

so i took a stack of comets to the course today and i was def throwing with some flutter. what is my issue? it was noticed on short upshots.

hmm not sure buddy sounds lil odd.. you throw rocs too right? or at leats i remember getting some from you.. i throw my comets just like my rocs and no issues.. maybe a lil more hyzer release but can throw them flat too :\

great info thats 3P .. i think i will hold off and stick with the elite-x for now.. but gots to be the old elite-x.. not too crazy about this new stuff :thmbdown:
Pro tip: If you want old TP Comets, look for tourney stamped ones. The stock stamp on old discs for some reason drives up the price, prolly the collector market. If you want a thrower, stick with the custom stamped stuff. Same disc, cheaper price.

^^ yeah i noticed that yesterday.. found a couple and prices werent bad at all but the Tourney stamped were much cheaper thats for sure.. i guess its just that classic Saturn stamp that drives them up which im not concerend with.. i want the plastic lol

Finally got my Z Comet...
Loved it from the first throw: Put some slight hyzer on it; thought it'd be understable, and what happened, sucker just kept it's angle all the way to the ground. Next was a flat throw and dead straight 300. Crazy high speed stability with no fade: silly disc, never thrown anything like this. Guess my form is ok since I couldn't turn it. Or there is fade, like, 2 feet if u throw it too high. Had few hours of fun with it today.

Great for air bounces too btw.

What's the word on the ESP Comets? We don't have a Discraft retailer here, so I still have not seen one. The last I heard of the ESP's was flippy; anybody got a stack yet?

Finally got my Z Comet...
Loved it from the first throw: Put some slight hyzer on it; thought it'd be understable, and what happened, sucker just kept it's angle all the way to the ground. Next was a flat throw and dead straight 300. Crazy high speed stability with no fade: silly disc, never thrown anything like this. Guess my form is ok since I couldn't turn it. Or there is fade, like, 2 feet if u throw it too high. Had few hours of fun with it today.

Great for air bounces too btw.

It's a thing of beauty... I LOVE throwing my Comets. Seriously enjoy pulling them out.

What's the word on the ESP Comets? We don't have a Discraft retailer here, so I still have not seen one. The last I heard of the ESP's was flippy; anybody got a stack yet?

Did anyone else throw the new run ESP in comparison to the LE runs? I just got a LE 2nd run and I am in love. Want to get back ups, but dang those suckers are expensive.

Did anyone else throw the new run ESP in comparison to the LE runs? I just got a LE 2nd run and I am in love. Want to get back ups, but dang those suckers are expensive.

I'm pretty sure the second run was the flattest of the LEs. Since this first production run is supposedly pretty flat, you might not have to pay anything more than stock prices...

I'm pretty sure the second run was the flattest of the LEs. Since this first production run is supposedly pretty flat, you might not have to pay anything more than stock prices...

This would make me very happy! I will have to get one and try it out.

just got an esp comet looks and flys pretty great its a 176 and a I have a year old 171 z for comparison the esp doesn't quite have the dome that the z has and is flying a touch more understable than the z new of course my form has gotten better ive only had a few throws with it but its lookin great!

I've been using my ESP Comet for get out of trouble shots and some Upshots as of late. it's working really well too. :thmbup:

Need a little bit of Info.

I have a Elite X,Elite Z and a ESP plastic Comet.

I throw my Elite X for all my Understable Comet duties,but I have a problem with the other two.

Which one of the Elite Z and the ESP would be more stable?

I have been throwing them Side by Side,but can't really tell a difference. The ESP is still fairly new and the Elite Z I've had for a while. Maybe once the ESP breaks in more it will throw a little different than my Elite Z?

There are multiple runs of both Z and ESP Comets, and they all fly differently. Coupled with the fact that you have two discs in completely different stages of wear, only you can answer your question. Judging from the information you've provided however, I would say that your Z Comet was more overstable since it's older/more seasoned and flies like your newer ESP. I know my third run LE ESPs flew more like my Zs but started seasoning faster. Their sweet spot was like a fresh X Comet.

Also to add, in general, Z is the most overstable Comet plastic (with overstable being kind of laughable since we're talking about Comets after all).

There are multiple runs of both Z and ESP Comets, and they all fly differently. Coupled with the fact that you have two discs in completely different stages of wear, only you can answer your question. Judging from the information you've provided however, I would say that your Z Comet was more overstable since it's older/more seasoned and flies like your newer ESP. I know my third run LE ESPs flew more like my Zs but started seasoning faster. Their sweet spot was like a fresh X Comet.

Also to add, in general, Z is the most overstable Comet plastic (with overstable being kind of laughable since we're talking about Comets after all).

Cool man. The ESP just needs more work then. If the ESP flies like a Fresh Elite X when worn then I'll be in business.

Thanks man. :hfive:

Cool man. The ESP just needs more work then. If the ESP flies like a Fresh Elite X when worn then I'll be in business.

Thanks man. :hfive:

That depends on which run of ESP you have. I know the second run LEs were on the flatter side and were more prone to flipping (much like my flat Z Comets that I gave away to a new player because I couldn't stand throwing them). I've heard the production run of them are flatter as well. So which run do you have?

so i picked up an ESP comet the other day because of some brief, admittedly not thorough, reading on forums. i wanted it for form purposes since i'm reworking my throw.

seems it may not have been the best idea? i'm finding that mine throws straight with fade, just like others here have been posting. anybody have further thoughts on the new ESP now that they've been out for a bit? maybe should've just gotten an X and called it good.