• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

are there any quirks about the X i should know about? i had one a while ago that i lost; it was kinda gummy and sparkly. the X comets i saw at my local shop felt firmer, more like my ESP.

sry to repost but I was answering koda's question, the esp is a great flier

my 175 esp turned over and never came back first throw..

hmm, i dunno. mine said 177+ on the inside rim, so she's pretty heavy. mine basically wants to hold a line for a bit and then fade back.

i'd like to get an X regardless, so it'd be cool if anybody had some input on what to look out for, if anything.

my 175 esp turned over and never came back first throw..

Sounds like you are throwing with some oat my friend. Release that thing flat/slightly hyzer and watch it fly straight forever with tons of glide!

hmm, i dunno. mine said 177+ on the inside rim, so she's pretty heavy. mine basically wants to hold a line for a bit and then fade back.

i'd like to get an X regardless, so it'd be cool if anybody had some input on what to look out for, if anything.

For form purposes go light. 160s light. I prefer my Comets domey.

That depends on which run of ESP you have. I know the second run LEs were on the flatter side and were more prone to flipping (much like my flat Z Comets that I gave away to a new player because I couldn't stand throwing them). I've heard the production run of them are flatter as well. So which run do you have?

Shoot my apologies man. I forgot about this thread until I seen it pop up today.

I have the newest run of the ESP Comet. I guess that is the 3rd run,correct?

Yeah man get you a lighter one.

My Elite X is 166 grams,and the ESP and the Elite Z is 168 grams.

You will like them much better in these weights. :thmbup:

Shoot my apologies man. I forgot about this thread until I seen it pop up today.

I have the newest run of the ESP Comet. I guess that is the 3rd run,correct?
Is it stamped LE? If it's LE and untooled, it's 3rd run. If it's untooled and production run, it's the first production run/fourth total run.

Is it stamped LE? If it's LE and untooled, it's 3rd run. If it's untooled and production run, it's the first production run/fourth total run.

I don't see LE,but it does have the tooling on the underside of the rim where you grip it.

That's what tooling means,correct? I just woke from a nap and I'm in a fog right now. :p

Tooling is the writing on the flightplate/rim.

If the stamp doesn't have "Limited Edition" (like below) on it, it's one of the new production runs.

comet_e_le_lg.jpg

Last edited:
I've fallen in love with domey Z Comets. They are now two of the mids in my bag. I keep an old beat X for long turnovers. The Z's are my favorites because they start off nice and stable and beat into fantastic glidey mids. Right now I have a fresh Z and a slightly beat Z that compliment each other nicely. More people need to throw this disc to see how useful it actually is.

So I take off the summer from disc because of other responsibilities and activities, and when I come back they run ESP Comets?

I haven't thrown any of the prior runs, so how do they compare to a Z or X Comet in comparable weight?

(Also, to add to the Comet Love, link above is to my bag thread and my summary of how awesome Comets are for when you come back into the game.)

I have not had a chance to get my hands on one of the production ESP Comets, but I hear they are really nice and understable. I know from holding some in the store that they molded up quite flat for a Comet which could contribute to the reports of them being more stable to understable when new.

I've fallen in love with domey Z Comets. They are now two of the mids in my bag. I keep an old beat X for long turnovers. The Z's are my favorites because they start off nice and stable and beat into fantastic glidey mids. Right now I have a fresh Z and a slightly beat Z that compliment each other nicely. More people need to throw this disc to see how useful it actually is.

Dude I have a Z Comet that is perfect for me. It is concave and man is it Overstable,well for a Comet. If I need to go left I'm pulling out my Elite Z Comet. :thmbup:

So I take off the summer from disc because of other responsibilities and activities, and when I come back they run ESP Comets?

I haven't thrown any of the prior runs, so how do they compare to a Z or X Comet in comparable weight?

(Also, to add to the Comet Love, link above is to my bag thread and my summary of how awesome Comets are for when you come back into the game.)

I would put the ESP right in the middle of the Z and X.

For me The Z is Overstable and I use it for shots that need to go left.

My ESP's are Stable and they go Completely Straight or have that nice gentle fade at the end.

My Elite X is Very Flippy and it bombs on turnover drives.

I use all 166 to 168 weighted Comets.