• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I got another sweet ESP Comet. I have 4 of these things now lol.

It's white with orange lettering. It looks like the Tennessee Vols colors. It's pretty sweet. :D:D

Bought an X and then an ESP comet and starting to see what I've been missing. After three weeks of throwing these, my form has cleaned up a ton. They also pair up really well with Rocs, and after throwing the comets, I can say that I'm now throwing the rocs better.

Bought an X and then an ESP comet and starting to see what I've been missing. After three weeks of throwing these, my form has cleaned up a ton. They also pair up really well with Rocs, and after throwing the comets, I can say that I'm now throwing the rocs better.

The Comet is possibly the best disc that I ever discovered. Ever since trying one back in 2002 or 2003, I've been using one ever since. :thmbup:

I agree about it cleaning up your form. Best disc in my opinion for this.

The Comet is possibly the best disc that I ever discovered. Ever since trying one back in 2002 or 2003, I've been using one ever since. :thmbup:

I agree about it cleaning up your form. Best disc in my opinion for this.

That was the lucky by product. I now have disc that feels irreplaceable, and I'm throwing my other ones better. Quite the one two punch there!

it is pretty awesome, but i have to say with the wind we've been having i haven't had the opportunity to use these too much. :( even at kaposia, back in the woods, the wind will howl through since the leaves are down. i'm okay throwing these in a mild crosswind or headwind (my z or heavy esp) but man . . . it's been windy every day for a bit now.

it is pretty awesome, but i have to say with the wind we've been having i haven't had the opportunity to use these too much. :( even at kaposia, back in the woods, the wind will howl through since the leaves are down. i'm okay throwing these in a mild crosswind or headwind (my z or heavy esp) but man . . . it's been windy every day for a bit now.

No joke man. You can call me a freak of nature if you will,but where I've been throwing comets for around 11 years I can throw them in the wind as if they were a overstable driver.

My other disc golf friends call me a freak. :D

I got my Comets thanks to the MJ thread and the obscene amount of love they receive here on DGCR in general :)

I got my Comets thanks to the MJ thread and the obscene amount of love they receive here on DGCR in general :)
Comets are weird in that so many people try them and hate them. Those of us that love them get kinda defensive about it sometimes. I've learned to sit back, let new players try and hate the Comet, then get it off them cheap in a trade. :thmbup:

Comets are weird in that so many people try them and hate them. Those of us that love them get kinda defensive about it sometimes. I've learned to sit back, let new players try and hate the Comet, then get it off them cheap in a trade. :thmbup:

And then see them retry them a year or two later and realize it really was them and not the Comet after all.

And then see them retry them a year or two later and realize it really was them and not the Comet after all.
I actually think the Buzzz and the Buzzz clones one day will kill off the Comet, Roc and all the other high-line mids. Maybe not the Roc. Discraft is not sentimental; when a disc stops selling they kill it. I think 10 years from now that low line "throw it hard" mid will be the choice of a couple of generations of players by then and the Comet will be a dinosaur. At that point it will depend on how many old guys there are around still buying them. The preference for the faster low line mids with the newer players is pretty well set at this point, though.

I actually think the Buzzz and the Buzzz clones one day will kill off the Comet, Roc and all the other high-line mids. Maybe not the Roc. Discraft is not sentimental; when a disc stops selling they kill it. I think 10 years from now that low line "throw it hard" mid will be the choice of a couple of generations of players by then and the Comet will be a dinosaur. At that point it will depend on how many old guys there are around still buying them. The preference for the faster low line mids with the newer players is pretty well set at this point, though.

I can see this for sure. Most all newer players that I play with scoff at the idea of giving a disc some height to work with. They all want to rip a disc low and hard and shoot straight at the basket.

I can see this for sure. Most all newer players that I play with scoff at the idea of giving a disc some height to work with. They all want to rip a disc low and hard and shoot straight at the basket.

It's too bad. Just got done playing a mid round this morning, and I love seeing those comets slow glide to the target:)

Latest posts