• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] Contender Back Pak by Physical Flight DG $155

Need to open up orders again now that Grip has a bunch of folks a little ticked off. $252 for a bag that is really similar to the last. Unbelievable!

And I ordered it anyways - I just have to see what the hype is all about.

I will still order the Skirmish though without a doubt!

And hopefully have some prototype info on the Skirmish!

Okay I was able to finalize some things with Physical Flight and the "Skirmish" while it's been raining in the DR.

As you know the skirmish is our smaller backpack and will have the following features for sure:

-Up to 20 disc capacity: (16-18 discs comfortably)
-Dual drink holder
-Cell phone, key, wallet storage
-Dedicated mini holder
-Disc divider
-Sleeker design

Also the rights to PF have been bought by a national brand with much deeper pockets and design prowess than I have. PF will be changing for the better. Thanks guys for the ride. I will still be a PF part owner but contact, website and information will change in the not too distant future hopefully to help make PF the number 1 choice for affordable, lifetime warrantied DG bags.

Please no one post this in any other thread, I want this to be for the dedicated members and not for the masses to bash on.

Okay I was able to finalize some things with Physical Flight and the "Skirmish" while it's been raining in the DR.

As you know the skirmish is our smaller backpack and will have the following features for sure:

-Up to 20 disc capacity: (16-18 discs comfortably)
-Dual drink holder
-Cell phone, key, wallet storage
-Dedicated mini holder
-Disc divider
-Sleeker design

Also the rights to PF have been bought by a national brand with much deeper pockets and design prowess than I have. PF will be changing for the better. Thanks guys for the ride. I will still be a PF part owner but contact, website and information will change in the not too distant future hopefully to help make PF the number 1 choice for affordable, lifetime warrantied DG bags.

Please no one post this in any other thread, I want this to be for the dedicated members and not for the masses to bash on.

Congratulations, it's been nothing but good things that I've experienced with the purchase of my Contender bag. Good luck in the future and I can't wait to see what PF has to offer going forward

My best wishes to you Chris and as MakeYourSelf101 said, I've had nothing but great experiences with my contender. I've seen a lot of interest come from other players after seeing mine.

I hope the HM is/has been fun.

National brand? A DG-national brand, or a national brand looking to get into DG? Are they offering any insight into the design of the Skirmish or will that be the last thing that's solely you?

That's a hefty bomb to drop in the middle of your honeymoon, lol

National brand? A DG-national brand, or a national brand looking to get into DG? Are they offering any insight into the design of the Skirmish or will that be the last thing that's solely you?

That's a hefty bomb to drop in the middle of your honeymoon, lol

Not a disc golf brand, just a brand looking to get into DG. The skirmish will be a combination of input from myself as well as design cues from the new part owners.

Am liking the sound of that. When's it come out? when's it come out? C'mon...honeymoon shmoneymoon, 3 days is more than long enough, come back and finish off the skirmish ready for release! :)
just kidding.

Not a disc golf brand, just a brand looking to get into DG. The skirmish will be a combination of input from myself as well as design cues from the new part owners.

Oh my god, it's NASA, isn't it?? The space program is flailing so they are going to start engineering disc golf gear.

I'm holding off on making a backpack purchase until I get to check out a Skirmish when they come out...I hear nothing but good things about PF bags!

Haha it's not NASA.

As for the company I am not at liberty to discuss anymore right now, however the 2nd run Contenders will not be affected in any way. Everything is business as usual.

Well that's a good thing, I kinda figured also. Also I knew you wouldn't be able to tell us or you would have. Guess we will find out. I will ask this though is the change happening soon or down the road?

Well that's a good thing, I kinda figured also. Also I knew you wouldn't be able to tell us or you would have. Guess we will find out. I will ask this though is the change happening soon or down the road?

The business change has happened, the results and fruits of hard labor and change will come thru in the future. No timetable yet on exact releases etc, PF hasn't done any marketing in the past, except here and word of mouth. That will change as well as how the business is run. PF has the chance to offer better materials, similar warranty, and a price tag of $100 cheaper than it's counterparts for our smaller similar capacity bag. The skirmish design has been taken out of house for the first time in our 2 years and with disc golf specific input from us we fully expect in the next year to rival that 4 letter company that most think as the gold standard for disc golf packs.

Only time will tell, but I think a change was needed and the fact a national brand has taken notice is only a step forward for DG.

I've been arguing against the "build local to grow" group for years that major outside exposure/investment needs to happen in order to get the sport to the next level. Companies like Nike and Adidas don't care what companies like Grip and Huk Lab are doing because it doesn't enter their sphere of influence. If a big outside company DOES throw their hat into the DG ring, then THEIR competing companies take notice and maybe they don't want said company cornering the market on outside influence for our little sport. Then more non-DG companies might look to get their feet wet.

Companies like Prodigy can come in and change the whole landscape of the DG scene with their power team, but they aren't really creating anything NEW. They just take some from Innova, some from Discraft, etc. and shuffle the pieces already on the board. New, higher powered companies backing small DG companies ADDS to the field.

Should be interesting, to say the least.