• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] Contender Back Pak by Physical Flight DG $155

(**the skirmish will feature a small combo of horizontal storage and vertical storage in a very sexy package :)

HOLY S*** YES!!!! This bag is going to be everything I have wanted in a bag so far I have a feeling. Gah! curse my impatience!!!!

Awesome! Thanks for the update Kilgus. Sounds like its so going to be worth the wait!
FYI did you know that the autocorrect for 'kilgus' is Lily's. just thought I'd mention that. :)

Haha you aren't alone.

The Skirmish will take longer than any other bag for us to get out to consumers just because we are going to need VERY large quantities to get the price point we want. Along with that with behind closed door changes we need to make sure it is feasible from a business stand point. We will have pics renderings etc sometime in the future. (**the skirmish will feature a small combo of horizontal storage and vertical storage in a very sexy package :)

As for the 2nd run Contender I will post a pic on the website and Facebook next week when I receive it. The upgrades will change the look of the bag slightly and make it very unique.

I will be of the radar in the future dealing with Salient so if I do not respond on here then don't be alarmed.

HOLY S*** YES!!!! This bag is going to be everything I have wanted in a bag so far I have a feeling. Gah! curse my impatience!!!!

DGFANATIC7 - Cant the Ergo do this, both Horizontal and vertical storage? Just saying.

DGFANATIC7 - Cant the Ergo do this, both Horizontal and vertical storage? Just saying.

yes it can, which is why I am stoked for this bag. Price will be less, quality will be top of the line, and it will be a unique design even from the ergo

yes it can, which is why I am stoked for this bag. Price will be less, quality will be top of the line, and it will be a unique design even from the ergo

The Skirnish will be unique in the fact that it will be your typical back pack style but have an "on deck" system for your go to mids or driver. Probably a slot for 2-4 discs plus your dedicated putter pouch making your most used discs an ease to get to.

The Ergo and Skirmish will not look similar at all.

NZ I did not know Kilgus was auto corrected to Lilly haha.

The Skirnish will be unique in the fact that it will be your typical back pack style but have an "on deck" system for your go to mids or driver. Probably a slot for 2-4 discs plus your dedicated putter pouch making your most used discs an ease to get to.

The Ergo and Skirmish will not look similar at all.

^^^^Excited to see a pic of this

Aside from the mini pocket (I should either just take it off or sew on an elastic strap above it to actually hold a mini), and maybe the chest strap being a bit too high (I don't use the chest strap very often at all - heck, I rarely use both shoulder straps) the only real "complaint" I have with the bag is that the cloth will "bow out" or "sag" when discs are sitting in the compartment.

Like this (they're big images so I didn't want to embed them):

http://f.cl.ly/items/2j3S0x1X3w393h3s180I/2013-06-03 14.12.22.jpg

I found a quick solution to that, however:

http://f.cl.ly/items/2a070E0L1P201w41392C/2013-06-03 14.12.51.jpg

The same PVC pipe I used to build my disc storage rack made for a great little "bumper" on the bottom of the Contender. The sides (which can't sag because they're in a "corner") hold it in place and the discs have less room to roll back and forth.

I should point out I've NEVER had any problems with the discs rolling out of the Contender, even when they push out a little on the edge of the pocket, but I feel safer with them held back a little and nicely lined up.

I may replace the PVC with a lightweight aluminum or something at some point. It's not heavy, but it's not weightless either.

Chris, I know you're a newlywed and you've got a real job and this big sale going on and these new discs to manufacture and these new shoes to make, but nothing since the 31st?! Come on! I'm seriously starting to doubt your dedication to slaving over the computer to provide us rabid forum hounds with daily non-information. Get your ass in gear! I need an update for an update on when I can expect an update on this Skirmish design!

DISCLAIMER: None of this post should be taken seriously. It was entirely facetious in nature. Ignore this one impatient forum addict. Carry on with your previously scheduled life.

Chris, I know you're a newlywed and you've got a real job and this big sale going on and these new discs to manufacture and these new shoes to make, but nothing since the 31st?! Come on! I'm seriously starting to doubt your dedication to slaving over the computer to provide us rabid forum hounds with daily non-information. Get your ass in gear! I need an update for an update on when I can expect an update on this Skirmish design!

DISCLAIMER: None of this post should be taken seriously. It was entirely facetious in nature. Ignore this one impatient forum addict. Carry on with your previously scheduled life.

Haha a very nice post: Ask (even facetiously) and you shall receive.

Update: 2nd run contenders are being made. I will have a pic/video review of all the changes for the 2nd run next week.
A shipping date is not set yet but I will know for sure next week.

The skirmish is looking good, still tweaking the side circular shaped pockets that the original howitzer had on it, the design is different than TFTW design but uses some design cues

Haha a very nice post: Ask (even facetiously) and you shall receive.

Update: 2nd run contenders are being made. I will have a pic/video review of all the changes for the 2nd run next week.
A shipping date is not set yet but I will know for sure next week.

The skirmish is looking good, still tweaking the side circular shaped pockets that the original howitzer had on it, the design is different than TFTW design but uses some design cues

Chris never disappoints, even here in New Mexico in the middle of nowhere i am stoked to see this video and keep hearin more updates on the skirmish

Oh god no, I didn't even expect circular pockets. I drew them that way because it was the best way to show what I had in mind. Flaps or square pockets don't translate well with little hand drawn sketches. The bag I had drawn would never work from a logistical perspective. It was just a conglomeration of ideas thrown onto a frame, lol.

I can't wait to see the Skirmish. A quick question, are you thinking a maximum capacity of 16-18 or is that how big the main compartment is being designed with other places for discs too?

I can't wait to see the Skirmish. A quick question, are you thinking a maximum capacity of 16-18 or is that how big the main compartment is being designed with other places for discs too?

Main compartment will be able to hold about 16 discs total with a dedicated putter pocket, on deck horizontal storage we are looking at maxing out at 20-22 discs depending on storage. Plenty of space for snacks, shirt, towels.

Main compartment will be able to hold about 16 discs total with a dedicated putter pocket, on deck horizontal storage we are looking at maxing out at 20-22 discs depending on storage. Plenty of space for snacks, shirt, towels.

Awesome! That is what I was really hoping you would say as I am just wanting to fit a few more discs with optional storage when compared to my Fade Crunch that I am currently using and all in a backpack style.

Awesome. Still can not wait to see this bag.