• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Dude, come to Harry Myers at 9am. We're bringing a novice who's played maybe 5 times. He's a nice guy, but he needs more help than we can provide.

Here is an image of the hole 9 fairway on Harry Myers, looking towards the tee. That low branch splitting up out of the trunk of that near tree and crossing the fairway is dead and dry, and I'm sure it will eventually break and the hole will be changed forever. I call it Shaqil in recognition of how effectively it guards the basket.

Today I had to yell at a grown man to get him to stop trying to break it. He was hanging from it like monkey bars and excitedly bouncing up and down saying, "I heard it crack!" When I yelled at him to stop, he was like,"Don't worry, I'll move it out of the fairway." He couldn't understand why anyone would be upset over breaking off a dead branch, but I told him a lot of people would be upset, and he quit. Am I right? Would you guys be upset?

Attachments

• Branch_at_Harry_Myers.jpg
    Branch_at_Harry_Myers.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 43
i'd be upset! i don't get how people don't understand that every limb, trunk, etc is a part of the course. you wouldn't just dig up the basket and move it would you?

every time i see a tree cut down on the course, i wish i could have been there to scream at whoever was doing it.

I still haven't gotten up to the new Trophy Club course yet. What's the set up looking like? Have they put in permanent baskets and/or tee pads?

As of last weekend - the baskets are cemented in, but no teepads yet. The rough is REALLY rough. The paths need to be cleaned / mowed / plowed whatever before I'll be playing it again. Plants were already past my knees, and I'm 6'6".

Edit: Forgot to mention, watch for cactus, lots of poison ivy, snakes, amaradillos that charge you (this one was funny), and thorns.

The course is going to be pretty fun once it becomes popular though. Some interesting tee locations, and hole 4 (I think - the one with the extremely narrow fairway through the woods) is really intimidating, in a fun way.

Last edited:
Audubon just got mowed today - looking very nice. If anyone's been thinking about playing, now is the time.

I have a question for the locals. I've been playing for around about a year now. Usually the people I disc with are friends and family. I figured at this point the only way to avoid getting a bad case of the Dunning-Kruger effect is to join a club.

Personally I live in Plano near the tollway. I've done some googling and found there are some clubs in this area. I know Mckinney has the MDGA and Ft. Worth has the Funky Town fliers, Lewisville just had a tournament here recently and I think i've heard that Carollton has their own league as well. I guess my question(s) boils down to what other groups are available? Any suggestions on where I might go to find some players better than me to observe and learn from? Do most clubs do their club functions during the week or weekend? Any kinda feedback would be appreciated.

Come to mactown. Lots of good golfers and lots of minis. Minis are Wed at AC, Fri and Sun at TL. There are always people out there to play with. We play multiple times a week, usually wed and then the weekends, but there are many other groups that play all of the time. If you want you can join the club, get a tag, and play with any of those cats and have something to play for.

And you can join more then one by the way. Funkytown also has my money

lewisville has minis pretty often if you live by there. Pretty sure thats where you can join their "league" or whatever it is. I know its good turn outs too. I do funkytown tags, but rarely play for tags unless its their tag challenges. which i also can rarely get to. They land on a lot of tournament days.

All minis are 7. Night minis at 6 sun is 10

I checked out a couple courses there by Colleyville when I was there a couple weeks ago. I didn't have time to play but am looking forward to getting back and giving them a go if time allows.

Close t an 800 ace pot tomorrow morning at TL

Not in DFW but Munson Park in Denison has a 9 hole course that was installed last Friday. No Grand opeing yet and natural tees for now. Really fun, reminds me of Turner with more trees.

Hey Kyle! Gratz on the machiavellian math! You are now in the unenviable position of being perceived as:

(a) the devious sort who intentionally calculates the score wrong for everyone else on his card, thus sticking them with a two stroke penalty, or

(b) the other sort, who adds scores wrong 3 out of 4 times, and is unlucky (or lucky) enough for the one correct score to be his own, thus being (b), but perceived as being (a).

Poor Kyle. :( qq

:p