• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Ok ok ok ya I miscalculated scores but another person was there counting along with me and said everything was right...so not entirely my fault..and I'm not tryin to make excuses for what happened and apologized to everyone for the mishap but even if the scores were right before penalties and everything I still won the card(not trying to brag here) and none of it was on purpose so if you wanna perceive me as a dbag of sorts then so be it it doesn't hurt my feelings at all

Ok ok ok ya I miscalculated scores but another person was there counting along with me and said everything was right...so not entirely my fault..and I'm not tryin to make excuses for what happened and apologized to everyone for the mishap but even if the scores were right before penalties and everything I still won the card(not trying to brag here) and none of it was on purpose so if you wanna perceive me as a dbag of sorts then so be it it doesn't hurt my feelings at all

Nobody says you're a Dbag as far as you know.;) I guess that's why we call it human error because as humans, we are full them.:)

Last edited:

I promised your cardmates I would give you some ribbin'. They were being all mature about it, and I was like, "Stop that! That's no fun!" Lol! But I knew you could take a little teasing. :p

I'm a member of the Rockwall DGA. We only get together on a Sunday about once a month at Harry Myers. A cool bunch of people (besides me and I'm proud of that) and we have a lot of fun.

http://www.rockwalldga.com/

We haven't set the "second half" of the season this year, but the first half was a blast. The second half should be a lot of fun too. Only $15 to join per year.

I promised your cardmates I would give you some ribbin'. They were being all mature about it, and I was like, "Stop that! That's no fun!" Lol! But I knew you could take a little teasing. :p

yaya yaya its all in good fun i know and i felt like a dbag that day and i think everyone could tell..maybe thats why i playe3d like 5hit the second round (karma is female dog)

My friend and I are looking to play a course we haven't this weekend. We're talking about either:

-Veteran's
-Turner Park
-Z-Boaz
-Harry Myers

It's probably just going to be the 2 of us, so out of those listed above - which would you guys recommend? Also, are there any on the list that you would not recommend due to navigation without knowing the course?

Turner park is always a good time

veterans is kinda hard to navigate 5-8 but theres always someone out there to point you in the right direction

z boaz is pretty easy to navigate and always fun to play

and ive never played harry myers lol

I'd recommend Turner Park -- it's got the highest "fun" factor of any of the courses on that list IMHO, and it's going to be less busy than the others. Z-Boaz and Veteran's can become a total clustercuss on the weekends.

Harry Myers is a nice course, but not as much fun, IMHO -- there are a few cool holes, but most of it runs together, and a lot of the fun there is dependent on how the course is maintained. Turner, in my experience, is better overall. The other bright part of Turner is that somewhere around hole 13/14, before you play the long last few holes, you can walk across the street to a very nice Vajelo gas station where they have a great set of fountain drinks and Slurpee-ish beverages. Just the thing for a hot Texas day. No such love on the other courses.

I strongly recommend Veteran's and Z-Boaz on a weekday or an EARLY morning before others get out there. Harry Myer is worth it too, but I'd hit the others first.

Only possible detriment to Turner is dependent on pin placement. I was out there two weeks ago and almost all of the pins were in the longs and it's awesome. Some of the short pins reduce the fun factor.

enjoy!

My friend and I are looking to play a course we haven't this weekend. We're talking about either:

-Veteran's
-Turner Park
-Z-Boaz
-Harry Myers

It's probably just going to be the 2 of us, so out of those listed above - which would you guys recommend? Also, are there any on the list that you would not recommend due to navigation without knowing the course?

I agree that Turner is fun. I used to avoid it becasue every time I went out there I got injured. They tore out hole 8 for a while after I busted my knee on a gas pipe there, and they leveled it out and got the pipe marked. I never even threatened to sue! lol

I played it for the first time in a while last week, and was impressed that they've put in a lot of nice metal stairways and painted the steps and so forth. I still fell last week on those plastic pipes with the loose crushed concrete around them, where you have to cross twice between holes 10, 11, and 12, but I wasn't really hurt. They are obviously working on that area (crushed concrete, etc., and I'm sure they'll get it all squared away.

One thing about Turner is that it does have porta potties, but they never seem to have any TP, so bring your own.

At Veterans, you can cross the street at hole 11 basket and get all kinds of stuff at the convenience store, assuming it's still there.

Z-Boaz is a DG only park, so no joggers etc. But the terrain can be difficult to traverse, and there are no restrooms at all. I don't think it is easy to navigate, but people will be around to point you in the right direction.

Harry Myers is the most developed and upscale park, in terms of facilities, including restrooms with running water at hole 1. It is a popular park for kids, fishing, joggers, little league, etc. so bring your sharing smile. But most of the course is off the beaten path, and you only brush up against the other areas in a few spots. It's mostly pretty easy to navigate, I think.

Alll of these courses are very challenging, with Turner likely being the least ridiculous in terms of difficulty.

Ended up playing Turner Park today - thanks for the advice guys! It was a really fun course. I really enjoyed 12 (I think?), the narrow fairway with the creek that runs through it. Hole 18 is a beast with the long pin...and 30mph headwind. Got a little confused about how to get to hole 5, but some locals were there to help out.

Alll of these courses are very challenging, with Turner likely being the least ridiculous in terms of difficulty.
The pins must be in their shorts positions that I have never played to rank as the "least ridiculous." I guess a lot of the courses in the area are probably in a shorter layout to beat the heat.