• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR's Discraft Pipe Dreams

What would you like to see new from Discraft in '09?

• >1.7 driver

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • < 1.6 driver

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • mid-range

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • putter

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • models in different plastics

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • bring back an old model

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • more 150 class

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • glow discs

Votes: 29 16.6%

• Total voters
I saw a few X Forces on ebay, are these going into regular production? I ask because I love X, but don't want to switch from the Z if they are going to be out of production in the near future.
Thanks, J

more pearly blue z plastic! , i visualize an all blue bag and stacks in my house. floor to ceiling! ....................................................f**k, i should seek help :lol:

what id like most is for the plastic on my new D Magnet to not peel off the top like it has a sunburn :(

DPJ88 said:
DiscraftMike said:
Limited Run:
ESP Flick 170-174 gram
X Force
Glo Z Tracker
Glo Z Buzzz

There is your answer, J-Man.

Looks like a limited run
That equates for me to "limited purchase" I hate to get hooked then have them go the way of the X Pred. But then again Jeremy has some sweet white 166s at DD right now...

yeah. Thats always tough.

I would agree with the poster above^

a Z Meteor would be interesting, although if a meteor got even a bit more stable (as Z plastic will usually do to a run) it would be close to being a buzzz. That would lose it's appeal. I like them because they fly like my buzzzes, but I can really make them turn hard or gradual without much intensive labor or seasoning.

I do like my Meteors, they actually finessed their way into the bag and pushed out Z comets.

The Z Meteors were flippy like whoa...they'd have to modify the mold to make them good.

Jesse B 707 said:
what id like most is for the plastic on my new D Magnet to not peel off the top like it has a sunburn :(

I had this happen to all my 1080s when I use to throw them. It was really odd.

On a different note, I love the stalker. it fills the slot between roc and eagle for me and is super workable.

I'm checking out the Stalker as well; I picked one up, way too heavy. So I'll have to pick up a light one on-line as my locals cater to the canons.

I'm thinking about switching to discraft, or at least get some discs in my bag. However, I know nothing about ratings, molds, plastics... I've done some research but I'm curious what you all have to say.

I throw a champion wrath 170g (distance), champion beast 175g (control distance), and a champion valk 170g for my fairway driver. I would prefer to have a tee bird, or something that's slower "speed" than a valk for my fairway, but I'll take what I can get. I've only been playing for 3 months and my only midrange is a gateway warrior 182g. Not to say I'm good but I hardly use a midrange... I usually tee off into birdie range, and just putt. However, my putting is terrible so I still par everything.

Anyways, I'm wondering what's comparable to the wraith/beast? i have NO clue on drivers, but I was recommended a fairway driver, the cyclone. And lastly, midrange? I know the buzz is popular.

I'm more testing other companies instead of looking for an alternative. I understand if a disc works for me, use it. I just want to try discraft and see if there's a magic disc in there that's right for me :)

Oh yeah, I've thrown an elite x avenger and I hates it because of the sharp rim. I still have it, and was told to just shave it down a little. Which I'm open too, but I heard avengers aren't really comparable to a wraith/beast. I don't know though.

tigel said:
I'm thinking about switching to discraft, or at least get some discs in my bag. However, I know nothing about ratings, molds, plastics... I've done some research but I'm curious what you all have to say.

I throw a champion wrath 170g (distance), champion beast 175g (control distance), and a champion valk 170g for my fairway driver. I would prefer to have a tee bird, or something that's slower "speed" than a valk for my fairway, but I'll take what I can get. I've only been playing for 3 months and my only midrange is a gateway warrior 182g. Not to say I'm good but I hardly use a midrange... I usually tee off into birdie range, and just putt. However, my putting is terrible so I still par everything.

Anyways, I'm wondering what's comparable to the wraith/beast? i have NO clue on drivers, but I was recommended a fairway driver, the cyclone. And lastly, midrange? I know the buzz is popular.

I'm more testing other companies instead of looking for an alternative. I understand if a disc works for me, use it. I just want to try discraft and see if there's a magic disc in there that's right for me :)

Oh yeah, I've thrown an elite x avenger and I hates it because of the sharp rim. I still have it, and was told to just shave it down a little. Which I'm open too, but I heard avengers aren't really comparable to a wraith/beast. I don't know though.

pro d magnet, z buzzz, z pred, esp cyclone, surge (i like in all plastics, but they vary)(also, surge is close to wraith)

worthdan said:

Just what are you recommending this for? :?:

Anyways...Not sure what the new mold Beast compares to, but the Surge is pretty comparable to the Wraith. An ESP Surge will be like a new Wraith, and the Z Surge SS will be like a beat Wraith.

The Avenger is pretty bad for having flash on it. Some 400 grit sandpaper will clear that up. I used to get cuts on my fingers from it all the time until I started sanding the flash down. That said, it's still faster than the Teebird - though not enough to keep it from fairway duties in my bag (and slower than the valk, at any rate). Check out the Stalker as well, it's slower, but a little flippier.

Not sure how the warrior flies, but it's hard for most players to go wrong with a Buzzz...