• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

x-out said:
this thread needs MOAR speculation!

thumbnail.aspx

I'm getting some.

himynameismatt said:
Can't wait for this disc been trying to fill the gap between Buzzz and PD for almost a year now. In my mind I'm picturing the Jackal as slightly faster Leo. Never thrown a River I've heard they throw a lot like faster Champ Leo. I think this is going to be Innova's/Discmania's version of the Stalker but just a lil less stable and hopefully a lot more glide.

The River floats more than the Stalker and the River is way faster and longer. Longer and faster than a Leo with more HSS in my GL 173 River than Any Leo. I don't need initial hyzer to keep the River flat, but i do with the Leo. River is 60' longer than the Leo with a full run up. And Champ Leo is 10' longer than the Stalker in Z for me. River outdistances the PD for me. Even though the River should be slower. PDs fade out early for me, because i don't own any of the low to now fade ones. I like the GL River so much, that the FD needs to be a superb disc, because that is how i think of my River. And i don't like my early low HSS and moderately high LSS s-curving Opto blue River much at all. I love the Leo so Leo and River are great together and a Beast compliments the River well, when more wind resistance or fade is needed. Beast is a bit longer than the River. Without a full run up i think the Beast to River distance difference is larger than at full run up. Weird.

Btw... a Faster Teebird is a PD. They would not make another. This is going to be like a leopard, give or take a little stability.

fast cheetah bitches.

seriously the disc sounds alot like a jls to me am i wrong?I am alot.

jubuttib said:
The Quasar I have pretty much flies like a speed 13 OLF or a slightly beat speed 13 PD, and works in windy conditions too. It's easier to throw than the DD2 for example, I need to hit that pretty nicely if I want to get it to go anywhere, it really doesn't take well to powering down. The Quasar really is the first warp speed control driver I've ever seen.

I've heard enough. Will try. :D

If the FD is a faster Teebird, does it also have the 'sunshine booster' like PD?

I'm in the same boat as jubu,

Control drivers for me aren't just pd, td, olf, avenger. They're predictable longer discs usually gifted with a strong amount of hss and are very workable. I don't see a speed range when I think control driver.

Latest posts