• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

Anyone peeked the artwork yet? I'm hoping we get some kind gnarly zombie dog with rabies. So mean looking that no one will even want to pick it up.

So I got my testers today, and played some glow with it. I was playing on a course that I don't really play that much where I only had 3/4 shots that I'd really use it on, but here's some of my impressions.

* It's got an L bottom for sure. I would say it's a Leopard bottom, but the FD feels more meaty in the hand. That may be because all of the Leopards I have are 150 class Champion.
* If you turn it over, it's going right.
* Thrown flat, it's got a tiny amount of tracking to the right with a tiny amount of fade. I threw it mainly on some low shots around 300'.

I'll try to get in some more throwing over the Thanksgiving holiday and let you know what I think. I'll be sending out some of these to other community members to review on Saturday morning when I get back.

MizzouTiger26 said:
Frank Delicious said:
a slightly longer, slightly less stable JLS would rule.

What does a JLS fly like? Never thrown one.

Straight and far. Q is straight but maybe not as far. M is easy distance. There used to be a jls thread here, haven't seen it in a while.

Timko said:
So I got my testers today, and played some glow with it. I was playing on a course that I don't really play that much where I only had 3/4 shots that I'd really use it on, but here's some of my impressions.

* It's got an L bottom for sure. I would say it's a Leopard bottom, but the FD feels more meaty in the hand. That may be because all of the Leopards I have are 150 class Champion.
* Thrown flat, it's got a tiny amount of tracking to the right with a tiny amount of fade. I threw it mainly on some low shots around 300'.

I'll try to get in some more throwing over the Thanksgiving holiday and let you know what I think. I'll be sending out some of these to other community members to review on Saturday morning when I get back.

That has me less excited. Sounds like it might be a hair more understable than what I was hoping for.

Timko said:
Or because the rim of the FD is two mm wider (according to specs).

Booter said:
pics chris!!

Sorry Booter, I fell asleep before taking pics, and I'm on a 7am flight to Arkansas. BTW, if anyone in Little Rock wants to play today, let me know!

Some more thoughts from the airport.

* It's easy to finesse. I mentioned throwing it around 300'; the course I was playing as a ton of conifer trees, and the best lines are low lines. I was able to throw it on really controllable lines without much power. Just spin it and watch it go. I haven't got to air it out yet.

* Lots of glide. I threw it pretty low and it stayed I. The air pretty well. However, this is t surprising for a Discmania driver.
* Same anhyzer top, Leopard bottom. That's what I'm going with.

Timko said:
Some more thoughts from the airport.

* It's easy to finesse. I mentioned throwing it around 300'; the course I was playing as a ton of conifer trees, and the best lines are low lines. I was able to throw it on really controllable lines without much power. Just spin it and watch it go. I haven't got to air it out yet.

* Lots of glide. I threw it pretty low and it stayed I. The air pretty well. However, this is t surprising for a Discmania driver.
* Same anhyzer top, Leopard bottom. That's what I'm going with.

This is what I wanted to hear.

x-out said:
it can hit hyzer lines, hyzer flips, long turnovers, and hold a turnover into the ground.

x-out said:
it really depends on how far you are trying to push it on low lines that dictates the amount of turn you will see. this will be an amazing disc for any technical/wooded courses. it also works well powered down.

Timko said:

That all sounds very Meteory to me, especially if these two are throwing brand new max weight premium plastics discs and they're already flying like that. I'd imagine the FD will carry a bit better once you push it past 325' so you can hit longer lower ceilings, but the flight sounds very similar to me. In any event, it sounds like a great first distance driver for new players, and something that will be fun to play with for more experienced players.

It's really more like a broken in Roc. Or a shorter broke in PD with less fade. It doesnt do any of it's turning nearly as abruptly as a Meteor.

Timko said:

That sounds awesome! The community is very anxious to review these!

Latest posts