• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

So I got more play I. With this yesterday.

* under 300', it will turn when thrown with a small amount of anhyzer, but it won't hold it all the way to the ground. I take back what I said about it needing hyzer to fly straight on shorter distances.

* I got a couple of longer shots in, and I would say it does needs some hyzer if you want straight flight over 330'. I didn't have any holes to try a hyzer of that distance, but i needed hyzer on a tunnel shot of that length.

* Blake coined the term Teagle to describe the PD, and when you throw this thing hard for distance, that's what this reminds me of.

* It's super easy to throw. I'm finding that out more and more.

Sounds like it will be fun to throw. I'm interested to see how they fly once they break in, and how plastic blend and weight will affect the flight of these.

Wow I want to try one of these. It sounds like the kind of driver I always wanted the *Leo to be, but never was. :D

Sounds like a fun disc. Two questions:

1) Will the FD / Jackal will be available in 150 gram weights?

2) For those who have thrown it - what would you estimate the power requirement to be (in feet or in Joe's Flight Chart terms)?

Gracias!

Monocacy said:
Sounds like a fun disc. Two questions:

1) Will the FD / Jackal will be available in 150 gram weights?

2) For those who have thrown it - what would you estimate the power requirement to be (in feet or in Joe's Flight Chart terms)?

Gracias!

1) I've seen 150g Discmania before but it's certainly rare, I'd snatch up whatever ones you find.

2) I haven't thrown this disc yet but as far as Joe's Flight Chart Power requirement, from the descriptions Timko has given, I can confidently say it's got a power requirement of 3.

Timko said:

* under 300', it will turn when thrown with a small amount of anhyzer, but it won't hold it all the way to the ground. I take back what I said about it needing hyzer to fly straight on shorter distances.

* I got a couple of longer shots in, and I would say it does needs some hyzer if you want straight flight over 330'. I didn't have any holes to try a hyzer of that distance, but i needed hyzer on a tunnel shot of that length.

* Blake coined the term Teagle to describe the PD, and when you throw this thing hard for distance, that's what this reminds me of.

I think I'm the only one who is getting less and less excited the more I hear about this disc =(

The workability and versatility certainly sounds nice, But I was hoping for something quite a bit more stable. Especially in the 330'-350' range where this disc would see the most use. Sounds like it's going to need quite a bit of Hyzer to fly straight out to 350' even more so than my Buzzz or Stalker would need.

Here's my question, this disc sounds incredibly Leopard like, and by that I mean damn near identical. Could you give a quick rundown on the differences between this and a Leo?

himynameismatt said:
I think I'm the only one who is getting less and less excited the more I hear about this disc =(

The workability and versatility certainly sounds nice, But I was hoping for something quite a bit more stable. Especially in the 330'-350' range where this disc would see the most use. Sounds like it's going to need quite a bit of Hyzer to fly straight out to 350' even more so than my Buzzz or Stalker would need.

Here's my question, this disc sounds incredibly Leopard like, and by that I mean damn near identical. Could you give a quick rundown on the differences between this and a Leo?
I am getting more and more interested in this disc, but admittedly it's starting to sound like the FD could just as well stand for Finesse Driver.

himynameismatt said:

There are a ton of discs that are already stable/overstable in that distance range though.

I've been throwing the disc rather low in that 330' range because I've been playing tunnel holes. I bet it will fly 330' pretty straight with a little height.

That being said, it does fly like a slightly broken in Roc. So it's got some HS turn, and will turn a little on a flat straight line, especially thrown 350'.

I also am curious. How is this any different from a leopard, especially the flight of a leopard in champ plastic?

I haven't thrown a leopard in a couple of years. I may have to go pick up a Star one this weekend for comparison.

himynameismatt said:
Timko said:

I don't need hyzer for a flat flight out of a Stalker to that range and use about 3-4 degrees to a flat flip with a Champ Leo. I don't throw Buzzzes that far, but my best rips are at 330' without wind and no hyzer needed for the Buzzz either.

This sounds very promising. I throw hyzerflips most comfortably and with the most control. So this disc should be perfect for straight to right turners and pair up with my new return to cyclones.

If any of you that have this disc can get a photo up, we would love you dearly.

Here is the one from discmania's site: It looks comfy.
sneak_peak_Discmania_FD_Jackal_500px.jpg

Go Lions!!!

Latest posts