• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania S-TD Turning Driver

Right on, thanks guys. Are there any colors that tend to be gummy or stiff? Short of asking Discpeed to pick them out for me over Clearwater, there isn't really any place where I can go hands on. I've thought about getting a white S-TD and dyeing Ohio St. on it since he's a Buckeyes fan, any knowledge with the whites specifically?

sorry I only hav felt up the orange,yellow,blue and red. All of those were gummy and domey. The yellows being the domiest. I have yet to feel up the white or anything else I didn't mention.

speaking of the td. It worked amazing for me this weekend. Tailwind bombs all day. I love this disc.

I have two yellow S-TDs but I just can't stick with em long enough to break one in. I just keep on keepin' on with the RR.

I have a red gummy, a bit translucent champystar, a yellow stiff normal S-Line (which is my most stable S-TD) and a blue, domey, not really gummy but not stiff either C-TD. I've also felt gummy whites, blues and yellows, and stiff whites, reds and oranges. So yeah, can't go by color.

But the gummy red champystar stuff is awesome.

Of all the new C line discs, I think the TD is surprising me the most. I have a merlot 175, and it's the most point and shoot driver I've ever used. It's SOOOO gyroscopic for a 1.9cm wing. The RR convex bottom is the most gyroscopic wing Innova has, the apparent nose space adds more plastic to the outside, and then the PD top is the most gyroscopic top Innova has. Now add the PLUS core, which adds even more plastic to the outside...It's a beautiful thing.

I'll admit I haven't thrown this disc more than 20 times, but yesterday I parked 7 holes in a row, from 260'-400', all with my CTD. I thought the PD was easy to power down...This disc doesn't fade dramatically if popped flat even @ 260', yet it wasn't flippy on the long shots either. On hard throws, it holds the line forever. I was able to throw annies, straight shots, and gentle hyzers.

Anyway, this disc performs way to well to not give a chance in my bag. It could potentially knock both PPDs, flippy S-PDs, and my GL Flow from my bag. I'll have to use it some more to see exactly where it fits.

discspeed said:
Of all the new C line discs, I think the TD is surprising me the most. I have a merlot 175, and it's the most point and shoot driver I've ever used. It's SOOOO gyroscopic for a 1.9cm wing. The RR convex bottom is the most gyroscopic wing Innova has, the apparent nose space adds more plastic to the outside, and then the PD top is the most gyroscopic top Innova has. Now add the PLUS core, which adds even more plastic to the outside...It's a beautiful thing.

I'll admit I haven't thrown this disc more than 20 times, but yesterday I parked 7 holes in a row, from 260'-400', all with my CTD. I thought the PD was easy to power down...This disc doesn't fade dramatically if popped flat even @ 260', yet it wasn't flippy on the long shots either. On hard throws, it holds the line forever. I was able to throw annies, straight shots, and gentle hyzers.

Anyway, this disc performs way to well to not give a chance in my bag. It could potentially knock both PPDs, flippy S-PDs, and my GL Flow from my bag. I'll have to use it some more to see exactly where it fits.

There's a reason Myself, dgdave and booter have been singing praises about the TD for many months now. Probably Discmania's best disc in my opinion.

disc junkie said:
There's a reason Myself, dgdave and booter have been singing praises about the TD for many months now. Probably Discmania's best disc in my opinion.

I've been hearing this and got very curious about the TD. So much that I put two c-pd's in my order with Marshall Street.

It seems like you guys throw PDs and TDs. I remember when someone asked dgdave which disc he uses for what he said PDs for the straight stuff and TDs for any sort of curves (or something like that, sorry if I'm speaking wrongly Dave). For those of you that keep the PD and the TD in your bag, what are the specific uses for both?

That's pretty much it. Mu beater PDs are very angular in flight and the TDs curve more. The TD will also come out of a flip more than a beat PD. The TD is also a straighter roller.

I've had the same C TD in the bag for about 9 months and its like a faster CE Leo.

disc junkie said:
I haven't exactly been singing, but I've been promoting the TD for some time now too.

The best part about the disc is how gradual it is in it's movements. Even my most beat and understable S-TD turns over slowly, it just does it for a longer period of the flight.

Booter said:
Yea mike where have u been? First ur late in kc glow aviars n now td rushs? Lol. Better late than never i guess.

I threw a red champystar one a little bit when they came out, but it was more stable, especially LSS. When I tested that it was nice out of the hand and through the middle of the flight, but if I had given it even a micro amount of hyzer, it faded pretty hard. It would also fight a slight turn. Overall I think the STD I tested, brand new, had a higher cruising speed. This made it harder to power down. Now I'm thinking that disc would have probably broken in to where my CTD is at pretty quickly.

I beat my red champystar against a wall for a while, nowadays it's more understable than the C-TDs, though even when new it wasn't as HSS as my stiffer yellow S-TD. The S-Lines do start out more stable but beat into perfection. I haven't used my Cs enough yet to know how they beat in, was too afraid to lose my CFR until I got the production run. =)

I just got back from the field...I was mainly throwing Vectors, but I brought my CTD and my King. They each got about a dozen throws. In all that I never hit my King right once. It seems like a decent disc, and I got some OK lines, but it never went really far. It flipped into a roller a couple of times, and I messed up a couple trying to give it more hyzer than I'm comfortable with on a full rip for a straight shot. The couple decent releases I had didn't go as far as I'd have liked as they were either too high or too low.

On the other hand, I hit the CTD right or close every time. On full power rips, with a little tailwind, this is one of the best hyzer flip max D discs I've thrown. I practice throwing a bit down hill and it really shows the height sensitivity of speed 11+ discs. The TD got huge D whether it was 10' too high or 5' too low. I had some of the longest throws I've EVER had with a 1.9cm disc tonight, and probably my longest couple of throws of the year with any disc. This is what I always wanted out of the Roadrunner, but it was just too flippy to be versatile.

discspeed said:
On the other hand, I hit the CTD right or close every time. On full power rips, with a little tailwind, this is one of the best hyzer flip max D discs I've thrown. I practice throwing a bit down hill and it really shows the height sensitivity of speed 11+ discs. The TD got huge D whether it was 10' too high or 5' too low. I had some of the longest throws I've EVER had with a 1.9cm disc tonight, and probably my longest couple of throws of the year with any disc. This is what I always wanted out of the Roadrunner, but it was just too flippy to be versatile.

The TD is the shizzle and I threw them for close to one year. However, I recommend you try a Northman, especially into a tailwind. I dont think there is a disc that will fly farther. I have had some of my longest throws ever with the Northman.

Anyway I dont want to derail the thread as its nice to see the TD finally getting some attention (Guess you should have thrown it sooner almighty discspeed).

Just wanted to throw that out there as the Northman is the disc that kicked the TD out of my bag. BUT I still have love for the Rush.

uNicedmeMan said:
Is it going to make the cut for the discspeed bag? What, if any, pd's will it boot?

I could see it kicking out PPDs altogether, and taking some duties from my seasoned S PDs. I see the TD as like a PD-L.

disc junkie said:
discspeed said:

The TD is the shizzle and I threw them for close to one year. However, I recommend you try a Northman, especially into a tailwind. I dont think there is a disc that will fly farther. I have had some of my longest throws ever with the Northman.

Anyway I dont want to derail the thread as its nice to see the TD finally getting some attention (Guess you should have thrown it sooner almighty discspeed).

Just wanted to throw that out there as the Northman is the disc that kicked the TD out of my bag. BUT I still have love for the Rush.

I tested the Northman...Very nice disc, but it overlaps with my PDs a lot more than the TD.

I bought 3 of the C-line TD's. I threw some of the S-lines a while ago, and thought they were quite stable. I hear that the C-Lines are a little bit less so. I think they might make a good candidate for a sort of Go-To general purpose driver. I've really been messing around with different discs for this slot. I love the Cyclone for it, but I want something just a bit faster.

So it's sounding like the S and C TD are similar to the P PD? I'm a huge fan of the flight of a P PD from new to beat-in, but I can't stand the lack of durability of the P plastic. It beats in as fast as any DX that I've seen and is just not what I consider a sustainable plastic for a driver. I'd love to find a durable disc that could fill the P PD's role.

Is the TD similar in stability to a Fuse?

skurf said:
So it's sounding like the S and C TD are similar to the P PD? I'm a huge fan of the flight of a P PD from new to beat-in, but I can't stand the lack of durability of the P plastic. It beats in as fast as any DX that I've seen and is just not what I consider a sustainable plastic for a driver. I'd love to find a durable disc that could fill the P PD's role.

Is the TD similar in stability to a Fuse?

Despite what I said a couple posts above, I probably will keep my one stiff PPD around because it turns and holds. The TD is different from any of the PPDs...It could be used on a lot of the same shots, but that doesn't make it that similar. The TD is different from a PPD either born or beaten to the same stability (some Ps are stable as any PD, others flippy out the box) because it turns just as easy, but it always wants to come back. Despite fading late, the TD really pulls out of a turn a lot better than a PPD. The TD is also longer and generally more stable than the PPD. It is way more gyroscopic than the PPD. So in short, it is a more effortless and workable disc than the PPD. The PPD is better for no turn/no fade type shots.

The Fuse and PPD are very similar in flight line imo. The TD is more of a hold or turn just a bit and fade disc. I'd compare it to a straight flying MD2 or stable Coyote if I had to compare it to a mid.