• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania S-TD Turning Driver

Booter said:
Wait til u beat one in.,annys to the ground all day with no chance of coming back.$$$$$$$

Yeah, I can't wait. I already got a preview when throwing the TD full power in the field. It would hold a beautiful and crazy long power anny to the ground. I'm thinking these champs are going to beat in very slow.

Any people that like the S-TD need to try the new champs to compare. The Champs just have a perfect stability out of the box to fly straight at a variety of speeds. Anyone throw both yet?

My production C-TD sits right between my straight S-TD and CFR C-TD. I can rip the S-TD flat and it'll barely turn, while also fading very little, the CFR C-TD will turn and hold it to the ground, the new C-TD will turn a bit and come back at the end. On a hyzerflip line the new C-TD is about as straight as can be.

I havnt thrown a production ctd yet. I only have some big d cfr ones. I have an orange thats been in and out of the bag since they came out. .i already like the prod cpd so im gonna have to giv the prod ctds a try and see if theres a difference.

I lost my money beat std a few months ago and have yet to recover from it lol. Sux.

Booter said:
I havnt thrown a production ctd yet. I only have some big d cfr ones. I have an orange thats been in and out of the bag since they came out. .i already like the prod cpd so im gonna have to giv the prod ctds a try and see if theres a difference.

I lost my money beat std a few months ago and have yet to recover from it lol. Sux.

Don't worry, if you go to the right part of town I'm sure you can pick up a well-worn STD pretty quick.

In all seriousness Jim, you need to try a CTD. I think you'd really like the stability out of the box. I also think this disc would go as far or farther for you than anything else.

Planning on it, in fact I had a half-written text to you in my phone when I decided I didn't feel like driving up to Clearwater and went to Taylor instead. I was going to ask if you thought all the ones at the store were pretty much the same since I'll probably get one in the 170-172 range.

Edit: Are you still occupied on Thursday afternoons? I have a super weird work schedule at the moment and will probably be sleeping through the early afternoon tomorrow but once I wake up I've got nothing going on and was going to go play somewhere, most likely Cliff so I can pick up a TD.

Threw my production C-TD a bit yesterday. Flies really nice. Haven't gotten to throw it against my new S line yet though, but it fits nicely next to my worn S in the bag. Absolute bombs in a tailwind with this disc. Didn't notice the 'slant' in the rim, feels nearly identical to my older S line. For reference, my C is an orange 175.

The TD has a permanent place in my bag for turnover drives, fits nicely in the lineup next to my Eagles.

discspeed said:
In all seriousness Jim, you need to try a CTD. I think you'd really like the stability out of the box. I also think this disc would go as far or farther for you than anything else.

Don't have time to say much in detail but the above turned out to be correct today. I bought a 172g orange C-TD and had some real long shots with it, I think my longest drives ever on two holes. It also worked quite well for normal shots, I threw a beautiful big hyzer to plant it right next to a basket and it generally worked however I wanted it to. Hole 18 at Cliff Stephens is listed at 695 feet but I think is more like 670 but I've only gotten par on it once and that was with about 25 feet to go on the putt. My real drive and approach left me short and left but the practice drive with the C-TD followed up with a second C-TD throw from that spot put me pin high five feet to the right.

sounds like i need to try a prod ctd. i tried the northman for a few weeks but its not for me. i prefer the td over it so much more. the td just feels comfortable to me considering i was throwing roadrunners prior to switching . so the convex feel and flippy flight meshs with me. ive had a hard time trying to replace my lost beat std but i think i finally found a replacement. i put in an older used one i had and its almost as flippy as the one i lost. just gonna take some more beatings and it should b butter all over again.

I brought 3 more new CTDs to test out today...One merlot 175 like I already have, a yellow 175, and an orange 175. The orange and merlot are similar, but the yellow one is about -.5 less stable. I'm really enjoying throwing these. I don't have a PD in the bag right now that is real close to the CTD stability, and I'm finding that the CTD powers down really well. Under 350' it holds any angle of release and fades reliably at the end. Over 350' they flip just a bit and lock onto the line, coming out at the end. In a tailwind it can hang with anything for me. It can also do very tight S turns...I told JimW today that I think I could play just about anywere with the CTD/CPD driver combo...I don't think I've ever thrown two drivers so complimentary and versatile(including the OLS/OLS :oops: ).

The Northman is like a PD/TD hybrid...

...and smartphones are seriously dumbing down DGR. :think:

Booter said:
answer ur txts sometimes mofo

hmmmm no texts from ya, might explain why you havent responded to any of mine. Crazy phones.

Anywho the TD Rocks so keep up the hype people!

yea id say so, not to derail the topic but when i got the nm it was straight and stable then thrown with a lot of snap i could turn it over like my td which i liked but i prefer my tds more.

back to the tds, anybody thrown the dayglow ctds? those things are beefy! almost pd like

discspeed said:
I brought 3 more new CTDs to test out today...One merlot 175 like I already have, a yellow 175, and an orange 175. The orange and merlot are similar, but the yellow one is about -.5 less stable. I'm really enjoying throwing these. I don't have a PD in the bag right now that is real close to the CTD stability, and I'm finding that the CTD powers down really well. Under 350' it holds any angle of release and fades reliably at the end. Over 350' they flip just a bit and lock onto the line, coming out at the end. In a tailwind it can hang with anything for me. It can also do very tight S turns...I told JimW today that I think I could play just about anywere with the CTD/CPD driver combo...I don't think I've ever thrown two drivers so complimentary and versatile(including the OLS/OLS :oops: ).

Took you long enough to get on the train. And even though Im not on board right now the TD is straight $$$$. Ive said a while now its discmania's best dis.

Booter said:
yea id say so, not to derail the topic but when i got the nm it was straight and stable then thrown with a lot of snap i could turn it over like my td which i liked but i prefer my tds more.

back to the tds, anybody thrown the dayglow ctds? those things are beefy! almost pd like
We've got some that are super stiff and poppy dayglos, felt great, but are FAT. 177g....

disc junkie said:
discspeed said:

Took you long enough to get on the train. And even though Im not on board right now the TD is straight $$$$. Ive said a while now its discmania's best dis.

The STD I first tested was overstable under 350' and straight up to 400'...That disc is just not as fun to throw as the new CTDs that TURN a little out of the box. It now lives up to it's name, and I'll have to edit my review for CDGS where I kind of bashed the TD when it came out for not turning.

yea the one i have is from the cfr run but its dayglow,stiff and poppy top. its definitely more beefy than the orange cfr i hav. very close to pd stability.

i boomed over a canopy of trees today with my td ina head wind. i normally throw it on a huge anny spike line and this time it came out of its turn and panned right to the open pavillion.

jason it was at rivery on 17 . over the top and it went all the way passed the picnic table in that open area haha

btw... stop talkin up the new ctds! ur making me want to buy more!