• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania S-TD Turning Driver

I think you could use just TD's for fairway drives, since the S-lines are so stable. I think I could carry one or two of each and not feel anything missing, as long as I still had my predators for heavier winds.

Ryan C said:
I think you could use just TD's for fairway drives, since the S-lines are so stable. I think I could carry one or two of each and not feel anything missing, as long as I still had my predators for heavier winds.

I feel the same way. I actually haven't been throwing my OLFs much lately, basically been Eagle/Banshee/C-S-TD to cover pretty much anything.

Just got a C TD. Pretty flat neon yellow color. I have a tournament tomorrow so I probably won't throw it until after that sometime. I don't want to mess with my bag right before it.

My S-TD got me some of my longest drives ever on a few holes this afternoon with nice big anny shots. Complements my S-PD very nicely, definitely going to be checking out the new C-line versions of both.

got my clear orange C-TD in the mail today and went straight to the field. the slanted rim was a little too much at first but i soon forgot all about it. the disc reminds me of my seasoned rivers, just as long but finishes much straighter.

i'll take it to league tomorrow.

i threw my new c-td on every tailwind shot for 2 rounds today and kept my goto river in the bag. it was straighter and longer than my river ever was before on the same holes. even with the flashing still on it it seemed just too simple to keep the TD straight all day long. this really seems to be the disc i wanted but never fully got when i started throwing the river.

rivers are out for the foreseeable future and the C-TD is in.

The TD is considerably faster than the river so it's no wonder it's longer. That being said, it's an excellent disc which is making me consider of building another bag mainly consisting of discmania discs.

The C-TD is quickly becoming my go to distance driver - as long as there isn't a headwind.

It's sneaky long, and pretty darn predictable for being slightly understable. 10/5/-2/1 is a very fitting rating for this disc. Quickly becoming my new favorite driver as well :D

victorb said:
Quickly becoming my new favorite driver as well :D

i carried mine into work with me today so i could set it on my desk and hold it from time to time. i'm like a highschool girl....

i've never been this pleased with new plastic or really any mold i can remember. maybe the beast when it first came out. yesterday on a very windy day i used my s-pd and c-td on every drive, either head or tail wind. this combo could kick out both the river and eagle-x.

i doubt i'll drop the eagle......

glad alot of people are finally liking the td. ive loved my s since they came out and the ctd just went back in the bag. you can still huck these in a moderate headwind with some hyzer for some nasty flex shots.

Booter said:
glad alot of people are finally liking the td. ive loved my s since they came out and the ctd just went back in the bag. you can still huck these in a moderate headwind with some hyzer for some nasty flex shots.
Seconded. Always felt the TD was under appreciated.

bill said:
but if you want a long straight driver i'd say try the C-TD. i'm still looking at mine like a girly magazine.

This is from another thread.. but it sums up my infatuation with the TD lately as well. I haven't been able to play lately due to snow and a very sick 2 year old, but I've been fondling my S-TD a lot. My Spider Monkey's been in the front seat lately and I often find myself pulling it out at a red light to fondle it. :oops:

Can someone compare the C-TD to a Quantum OLS? Does the TD have a lower cruising speed or about the same?

Whiz was killing these at the Clash this weekend and I saw a lot of other people rocking these. Lots of people (not whiz) who throw in the 340-350' range will really benefit from these as controllable distance drivers.

rooneytunes said:
Can someone compare the C-TD to a Quantum OLS? Does the TD have a lower cruising speed or about the same?

i'm throwing the C-TD at least 30' farther. i put the qols down and replaced it with a river. the qols was very straight for me but didn't have the glide the river or C-TD has.

what'shisname said:
bill said:
but if you want a long straight driver i'd say try the C-TD. i'm still looking at mine like a girly magazine.
This is from another thread.. but it sums up my infatuation with the TD lately as well. I haven't been able to play lately due to snow and a very sick 2 year old, but I've been fondling my S-TD a lot. My Spider Monkey's been in the front seat lately and I often find myself pulling it out at a red light to fondle it. :oops:
Booter said:
heh. dnt feel bad i keep a disc in my car just for fondling lol
bill said:
i do too. i do blake's technique drills while i'm driving
Another one here. It just plain feels nice. =)

bill said:
rooneytunes said:

i'm throwing the C-TD at least 30' farther. i put the qols down and replaced it with a river. the qols was very straight for me but didn't have the glide the river or C-TD has.

The river is my go to fairway driver in lighter winds and wooded courses. The river has crazy D potential for its speed, so maybe I don't need a TD cause it will overlap more than I want. It's just so hard to ignore the DGR hype machine :lol:

Latest posts