• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania S-TD Turning Driver

These production CTD are awesome. All my Production CTD have a pretty significantly higher PLH. These production CTD remind me very much of a LONGER version of my Champ EagleX. These are definitely more HSS/LSS than all my other S or C TD.

I really like these a lot. Also the tilt of the inner rim on mine isnt there or if it is its very minimal.

I have 4 175g C-TD's and I personally don't notice any grip difference between those and my S-lines. So there is one more vote for "don't worry about it."

disc junkie said:
These production CTD are awesome. All my Production CTD have a pretty significantly higher PLH. These production CTD remind me very much of a LONGER version of my Champ EagleX. These are definitely more HSS/LSS than all my other S or C TD.

I really like these a lot. Also the tilt of the inner rim on mine isnt there or if it is its very minimal.

Do the stable ones have the patent number tooling on the back? My production CTDs would never be compared to any EXs...They are much more RR than EX.

discspeed said:
disc junkie said:

Do the stable ones have the patent number tooling on the back? My production CTDs would never be compared to any EXs...They are much more RR than EX.

Probably a lot more comparative to a faster Eagle-L than a roadrunner, in my opinion.

You guys are throwing 175 production C-TDs? That might explain something, we didn't get any over 172. =/

jubuttib said:
You guys are throwing 175 production C-TDs? That might explain something, we didn't get any over 172. =/

Marked or weighed? Because if it's marked then you probably have a lot of 173s and 174s :lol:

JimW said:
jubuttib said:

Marked or weighed? Because if it's marked then you probably have a lot of 173s and 174s :lol:
Yes yes... Smartass. =)

Sooo i got my production ctds in and actually got to feel some at discnation prior to getting mine. There definitely is a slant on the lighter high 160's ctds. Feels funky. The heavier ones however felt "normal" to me. i also checked toolimg compared to my cfr tds and the cfrs lack the patent number. While the new ones have it.

The flight is's omewhat diff too,i have some cfr tds that are used and the new heavy production flew like my seasoned cline out of the box. Sligjt turn amd super straight most of the flight. These are definitely nice.but i think i like my more stable cfr sglow more. We'll see over time. It definitely flies like my beat spd though which is good when i dnt want to risk losing the spd

Booter said:
i also checked toolimg compared to my cfr tds and the cfrs lack the patent number. While the new ones have it.
Huh? My CFR C and S-TDs have the patent number and the slanted new production run doesn't...

ive been reading about this disc for a while now. If i can get a champ leo out to about 375 what kind of distance can i expect from a c-td?

That's a very respectable distance for Leos, I'd wager you'll get over 400' from TDs.

ian said:
ive been reading about this disc for a while now. If i can get a champ leo out to about 375 what kind of distance can i expect from a c-td?

i'd walk around with permanent short pants if i could do that.

400 easy

its a newish cfr leo. i love the stability and it holds its flight alot longer than the pro leos i throw. i love it. it got me thinking about finding a faster/longer disc with similar flight. it seems you guys here describe the td and river as longer leos so ive been checking them out at the local disc store but i just cant decide if its worth it as i typically throw beat to shit tbirds for distance. the c-td sounds too good to be true

So yeah, the D-TD is out, filling the flippy slot in Discmania's driver lineup.
a0xso1.jpg

nlwry9.jpg

I got a 166g one, though it was the highest PLH of the bunch, very small differences. The difference between it and the C-TD is pretty vast. Flew nicely, definitely turns, but it still has the gradual turning speed of the premium plastic versions. I only tried two short throws (threw it @ 80% power against a wall of snow ~170' away) and it reminded me of a DX Sidewinder with slower movements. That or a speed 9 DX Leopard. I'll have to test it thoroughly some time, but the initial impression is pretty good, considering what it is.

zkk0uq.jpg

Though I need to stop throwing it in tunnels...

It's part of Discmania's starter pack, along with D-MD1 and D-P1, and I think it fills this purpose pretty well.

EDIT: Oh, and yes, it's a +mold.

Until you beat in a C or S-TD to that point, yes, it could easily replace flippy Visions.