• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Thread (Part II)

CD1 (that was 2)

I didn't order the red box but I love CD2s or umm 1s so I can see myself trying for a black box

was it to FB?

someone posted a screen cap of the black box within the last couple of days

Nah. I haven't FB in years. I was going to say the new CD1 is the old CD2 9|5|-1|2. For me that's a tight squeeze between the Nordic Phnom and Instinct.

I've dabbled with the Phenom...quite nice

but at my age and the altitude I live at it isn't overly necessary for me and the flip up and glide of the CD1/2 works better for me

On that note I just ordered some Lux (???) Vapor Essences. I would have ordered some of the Zen IIs but 2 online retailers I would order from didn't have them available yet. Hoping a local store will get some in

I've dabbled with the Phenom...quite nice

but at my age and the altitude I live at it isn't overly necessary for me and the flip up and glide of the CD1/2 works better for me

On that note I just ordered some Lux (???) Vapor Essences. I would have ordered some of the Zen IIs but 2 online retailers I would order from didn't have them available yet. Hoping a local store will get some in

IMHO, the Essence is Discmania's best disc. I have three. A very beat up NEO that flips straight from a knife hyzer, a LUX that came in a mystery box last year. Last one is a fresher NEO that is the most stable. It flies like I wish an FD did. LUX is in-between the two - turns plenty and manages to fight back at the end. The flippy one is a super roller! I also roll a base Genius, but the Essence goes much farther. I'd be OK getting one or two more Essence in the two Mystery boxes I can finally open this weekend.

I'm excited for this thread to die since it won't be stickied anymore.

Not a fanboy nor am I a hater and here is what I believe. For full disclosure, my beliefs are not based on hard evidence.

I believe Discmania has their own factory and equipment.

Being new to the production process, I believe they are getting tips, pointers, and likely physical assistance from employees of Latitude 64.

I believe Tomas Ekstrom is designing (or reverse engineering in some cases) their discs. There is evidence of this as there are multiple videos from Discmania where Tomas is working with Simon and Eagle on discs like the Tilt and Rainmaker.

I believe they are essentially using the same plastics for the most part. It makes sense when they are buying plastic that they can make larger orders from the same supplier and get better deals. As a long time trilogy thrower, a lot of the newer Discmania plastics are definitely Lucid, Lucid chameleon, gold line, etc. The blends and mix ratios might be a little different or maybe not but they are both definitely getting plastic from the same source.

I also believe that once Discmania has a better handle on the production process there will likely be more separation between the companies. Well, except maybe the plastics for no other reason than the bulk buys that I already alluded to earlier.

This is pretty much what it looked like back when they introduced the whole new deal as i recall. Well stated and reasoned post. :clap:

I got my hands on Discmanias new Neo Paradigms. "Made by Discmania" embosed on bottom. Plastic is not the same. More gummier and flexible. Reminds a lot of C-line but is more grippier. Plastic is also more transparent but not as transparent as those Origins on page 1.

I got my hands on Discmanias new Neo Paradigms. "Made by Discmania" embosed on bottom. Plastic is not the same. More gummier and flexible. Reminds a lot of C-line but is more grippier. Plastic is also more transparent but not as transparent as those Origins on page 1.

Lucky. My Paradigms have a shipping label printed in Colorado… So what does the embossing say? Made by L64 or DM? How about a pic of discs and embossing?! Supposedly they were bringing EVO production over to DM machines.

Is the rim size noticeably smaller than the DD3/Enigma? I'm very curious to compare the Paradigm and Enigma once there's a stock release.

Is the rim size noticeably smaller than the DD3/Enigma? I'm very curious to compare the Paradigm and Enigma once there's a stock release.

Yes, the rim feels smaller in hand than Enigma.

On the left is Paradigm and fresh Enigma on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_20221223_063644.jpg
    IMG_20221223_063644.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 58
Many of the latest Evolution lineup discs (in Stratorsphere Mystery box and pre-release Neo Paradigm) have hade different bottom text than previously. Previously they said that "Made in Sweden" and Originals said "Made in Sweden by Discmania" ... now the latest Evolution discs also say the same. And Neo Paradigm feels way tackier than any previous Neo's (with just "Made in Sweden" text)

Could these be the first Evolution discs made in Discmania factory (same where Originals are now made)
I really liked the feel of Paradigm. Have not thrown it yet. But the difference between the feel of Paradigm Neo plastic and _any_ other Neo made in L64 factory (that I have in hand right now) is similar than difference between C-Line and S-Line.

Finally opened my mystery boxes. Out of he two boxes there was one Enigma, one Color Glow FD, one S-Line MD1, one soft Tactic, one black FD3. I will say I got all the discs I wanted, but not doubles of any of them. One blue DD1, the other is purple. Very happy.

I started a swap thread in the marketplace in case anyone wants to trade.

Also got the Paradigms. I got two blue that are fairly domey and one yellow that is really flat top. They'll definitely have different flights.

Finally opened my mystery boxes. Out of he two boxes there was one Enigma, one Color Glow FD, one S-Line MD1, one soft Tactic, one black FD3. I will say I got all the discs I wanted, but not doubles of any of them. One blue DD1, the other is purple. Very happy.

I started a swap thread in the marketplace in case anyone wants to trade.

Also got the Paradigms. I got two blue that are fairly domey and one yellow that is really flat top. They'll definitely have different flights.

I predict the DD1 will be your goldilocks disc. Unfortunately DM will only run them once a year and they'll cost $100+ on the secondary market. 😬

You wouldn't happen to have a Grace to compare it to, would ya?