• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

in my experience with one production +rimmed c line, they are almost predator overstable.

also, a PD is not really a good wraith replacement. speed 9 vs 11. thats like asking if my buzzz can replace my teebird.

Triflusal said:
also, a PD is not really a good wraith replacement. speed 9 vs 11. thats like asking if my buzzz can replace my teebird.
Yes. If you're looking for a more stable Wraith, the DD was specifically designed to be this disc.

I'm not replacing my wraith, I just don't have anything that is more OS than my wraith and I was looking at grabbing a Starfire or PD. I am in love with my MD2 so I was leaning towards the PD.

PD will be more overstable than the Wraith and is a great control disc, everybody should at least try them sometime. If you want to keep in the same speed category as the Wraith though you'll want the DD.

anybody thrown the test PD's in the Innova store?

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/s-line-pd-test-configuration.html

Probably the proto-PD with the old (non-anhyzer) top and a blunter nose. Difference between it and the first run PDs wasn't big.

I got just got one of the opaque pink md2s and man it feels great. Can't wait to toss this bitch.

Mike C said:
Someone give me a low down on the DD? Poked around in this thread but didn't see much.

It's a Wraith with the PD/Discmania top...When I tested the SDDs they flew like some sort of Wraith/Teerex hybrid. They did not go quite as far as a Wraith for me, but were probably more predictable in their flight action. Basically a good disc, but one with a hell of a lot of good competition out there. It's bound to be the right disc for some people. My biggest issue with them personally was how flat the first runs of SDDs are...I think if I got a domey one it may be as good or better than the Wraith. I'm looking forward to testing them in C plastic, but we don't have them yet.

Falls in between a wraith/teerex. The S-DD's are all over the place in stability/glide. The first run stamped ones were like throwing stable wraiths that had no glide. The P-DD is a crusher. The current S-DD came out really nice and flies just a notch more stable than a wraith. But once my broke in, it was essentially a wraith. same flight/distance for the most part. It is the type of disc that I wish Millennium had in their lineup(to compliment the astra)

the DD really gets overlooked in the Discmania lineup for some reason. it is a good disc

A more stable Wraith, sort of like a TeeRex/Wraith hybrid. =)

But yeah, it's mainly that, S-DD is a slightly more overstable Star Wraith. All the runs I've seen apart from the first two runs came out nice and domey, those are great. They start out more controllable and reliable than Wraiths, and beat into Wraithy goodness before you're done, so you get the best of both. The flat ones don't glide for crap and are just plain sucky discs, avoid them. The P-Lines really do bomb, and are essentially more stable Pro Wraiths. These also beat in really well, and from what I've seen take well to tuning. Pink ones are yummy.

Cool. I threw a 175 SDD once and it flipped up from hyzer and cruised forward perfectly flat before the fade kicked in a few hundred feet later. Felt real nice and controlled. I have a 171 SDD on the way, hoping it flies good for me. Haven't found a distance driver that I've really clicked with. OLF has been the fastest thing in my bag pretty much since I put them in my bag over a year ago.

Mike C said:
Cool. I threw a 175 SDD once and it flipped up from hyzer and cruised forward perfectly flat before the fade kicked in a few hundred feet later. Felt real nice and controlled. I have a 171 SDD on the way, hoping it flies good for me. Haven't found a distance driver that I've really clicked with. OLF has been the fastest thing in my bag pretty much since I put them in my bag over a year ago.

Must try Sword.

Happy with the S-DD I got. Been throwing it for my longest throws pretty consistently when going for big D. IF anyone wants to get rid of some send me a PM.

Picked up a pretty blue 175g S-GM today to hold me over until my ambassador stuff arrives in mid October. I've been loosing Rocs like crazy this year...It's got a nice dome to it and I think the rim will be more friendly to flicks than Rocs. I'm excited to test it out after work. I really like throwing mids so I'm hoping this will give me a bit more distance to work with.

Is it just me or does Discmania plastic feel better than it's Innova equivalents?

Latest posts