• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do You Pick Up Garbage While You Play?

Do You Pick Up Garbage When You Play?

• Always

Votes: 54 33.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 88 54.3%
  • Rarely

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Never

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
I always pick up trash if I'm able. Most of the courses around here have trash can's near many of the tees so it's no big hassle. Actually I can't believe how lazy and inconsiderate people are to litter, especially when there's a trash can 30 ft away.

I pick mine and others up. Its amazing how people can throw bottles next to the garbage cans but cannot actually put them in there.

I will be completely honest, I don't pick up anything. While I don't feel like I should have to deal with other peoples crap all over the course, I also don't feel like I need to pick up after them either. They can deal with their own mess and hopefully when they see their crap on the ground they will realize they suck at life and stop throwing their crap on the ground. While picking up their stuff makes the course look nice for a bit, I feel like it sends an open invitation for them to throw more crap on the ground because they know someone else will pick if up anyway.

yes someone said it, crush your cans and plastic bottles. if you are some type of reject and you feel the need to litter, don't toss it into the bushes, just leave it where a good person can pick it up.

Ill pickup right around a trashcan, but I don't have room in my bag or hands for other peoples trash.

I will be completely honest, I don't pick up anything. While I don't feel like I should have to deal with other peoples crap all over the course, I also don't feel like I need to pick up after them either. They can deal with their own mess and hopefully when they see their crap on the ground they will realize they suck at life and stop throwing their crap on the ground. While picking up their stuff makes the course look nice for a bit, I feel like it sends an open invitation for them to throw more crap on the ground because they know someone else will pick if up anyway.

it never works out this way unfortunately. most your litterers will be done with disc golf before they wise up, and the never ending bad habits of these fly by night players will negatively affect the growth of the sport that I care about (city's donating more land and resources to develop better courses). picking up trash will neither positively or negatively change the habits of people that litter, but it will serve to mitigate public perception that all of us stoner disc golfers disrespect the environments we are allowed to use for our extremely niche sport. to reduce getting angry about cleaning the whole course, I usually just choose a single hole or two that tend to be victims because they are not convenient to a trash can and clean them up during my rounds over a period of a couple weeks.

yes someone said it, crush your cans and plastic bottles. if you are some type of reject and you feel the need to litter, don't toss it into the bushes, just leave it where a good person can pick it up.

The tossing into the bushes is always the oddest thing. One day during an unemployed period I tossed the 100's of cans and bottles out of the bushes into the center of a fairway on a hole that was particularly bad and left a pretty solid trail dedicated to these armpits of society. Came back the next day with a bag and picked it up but it must have looked pretty f'd up to anyone that played that hole after me.

There's a hacker that plays at Mt Airy in Cincy, real nice guy. He runs the course every time and always picks up trash along the way then drops it in the can at the next tee pad. He just started doing this on his own and Fred noticed. So Fred gave him a new 9X KC Roc for all his work. Really nice disc, now it's beat in really well and the guy throws it all the time.

Picking up trash sometimes gets noticed. I know it's only one disc but that's all this guy needed, he was happy about it.

Always. I've had newbies ask me why I was picking up trash and I've explained to them that if everyone picked up 1 piece of trash, that the courses would look alot better. I also pick up limbs/sticks...

I agree about picking up the cans or bottles, It especially cracks me up when they are literally next to the garbage can, yet not in.

Yeah I don't really pick up trash,if i see a bottle or something,i'll grab it if there's a trashcan nearby,i've never littered on the course though. Thankfully our course stays pretty clean.