• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I am looking for a fairway driver that will flex when thrown flat with 300-330 ft of power. My really beat in Star TL will be it needs to be thrown high (25' or so) to get a full fade/finish on it. Would a Eagle fit that bill? Most of the flight descriptions show some turn and then a healthy fade. Is so, what plastic do you recommend?

Champ Eagle L
Beat Star Eagle X
Seasoned Icon Rival

I could live with that. I prefer Star plastic; would that help it to be a little less stable?

That's what I throw. Star Eagle max weight. I use it into wind, hyzers, flex shots, sometimes even overhand or forehand. Great fairway driver.

Now that I am back on the EagleX wagon, I have a few questions. Is there going to be another run of the champion dx stamped eagle? Is the eagle being run in the jolly launcher plastic right now? Is it even worth trying to get 11x Eagle X's in heavy weights? What is the best type of production eagleX out right now? Anything compare to the 11x's? Thanks to all for any info!

what do you want them for? more OS? cycling?

I prefer the 170 DX. they're good out to 325-350 for me FH, don't turn in the wind, beat in to dead straight, then into a perfect turnover disc or long sweeping anhyzer. If you can find the older, stiffer, non waxy DX, those are the best. a lot of the new DX stuff is just weird feeling.

i have a 175 star and its just a bit too OS for what I want it for. I never seem to need that sort of stability between my FB and a fresher DX

i also like DX b/c i can throw them on water holes, know exactly how they'll fly, and if I lose it, no big deal, $7 and a month or two later I'll have another just like it. compared with star, I gotta use it for a year and be hesitant throwing it on risky holes.

Yes I want very stable to overstable Eagles so that I can cycle them. I agree the dx eagle is nice but the dx lately is underwhelming and doesn't feel all too great. Can somebody answer the bolded questions above?

champ Eagle L is the way to go.
Given enough distance (300ft or so like you mentioned), it should flex back from an anny.
This is the same reason I'm not crazy about throwing anny with the Eagle L, because it likes to fight out of it. But very useful S turner at many angles

So I once heard that you don't truly throw an eagle unless it is dx. Id buy it.

Has anyone bought any of the 11x Glow Eagle-Ls that Disc Golf Values has? It looks like it's harder to find Eagle-Ls nowadays.

A buddy recently bought a new star Eagle-X and it was marked S/E on the bottom. Looks like they're switching it up again! I'll have to see how it flies.

A buddy recently bought a new star Eagle-X and it was marked S/E on the bottom. Looks like they're switching it up again! I'll have to see how it flies.

Idk if its the same run as the one your taking about but I recently threw a brand new Star Eagle & it seemed a little more beefy than the older ones I've thrown.

Star Eagle L??

I would love a STAR Eagle L.

I believe you truly don't throw an Eagle unless it's an 11x KCP Eagle.

Ehh the KCP's were the neutral ones from my expierience, Ill stick with just the regular 11x X's and L's. Those seem to fly the same for me every time. The KCP's were hit and miss on stability.

I just started getting into Eagles about 2 months ago.

First row: 150 Star Eagle-x's

Second row: 149 Champ Eagle-L's

Been using the L's more than the X's right now, but I'm loving them. I'm carrying these with 150 class Teebirds and Leopards for my fairways

Attachments

• DSC00198.jpg
    DSC00198.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 50
Has anyone bought any of the 11x Glow Eagle-Ls that Disc Golf Values has? It looks like it's harder to find Eagle-Ls nowadays.

I did. Getting to be a real pain finding Eagle L's over 170g. They fly nice. Very stable for an Eagle L. More fade than my other L's. They are new though. I expect some of that to wear off in time.

L and X selection

Eagle L's. Top row- CE, 11x Glows. Middle row- mix of 12x and 11x. Bottom-150g 12xs.

0jaOKn6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Eagle X- Top 2 rows- Circle stamp new. 3rd row- 11x , CE, 11x Glow. Bottom row- 12x and Star Orange in the middle.

3LsLa6D.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Love me some Eagle's! Don't think I need any more for a while. :)

I did. Getting to be a real pain finding Eagle L's over 170g. They fly nice. Very stable for an Eagle L. More fade than my other L's. They are new though. I expect some of that to wear off in time.

I just pulled the trigger on the last 2 of the glow 11x Ls that Disc Golf Values had. I hope they are that flex line disc I'm looking for.