• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ebay PSA's...

Tim Red Beard said:
Now it's time to go take a breather cause I'm rip sh!t!!!TRB
Unicorn.jpg

I'm calmed down now, I'm not accusing anyone on here of anything.

My main point was if a user has a complaint with someone or an issue email that person thru ebay don't just report them. I don't know what ebay's policies are about suspending people, if you have to get a certain number of complaints before they do but it would be very easy to spread stuff thru here about a user and have enough people think that the person is doing something wrong. I felt that way about a couple auctions I bid on and they got jack up just over the price I was bidding. It's not an uncommon thing.

What I'm doing is trying to defend a person whom I feel is an honesty seller. I did a deal with him on ebay and then we work a deal off. He wasn't trying to screw me or get me to bid on stuff just to jack the price up. That's all.

Funny graphics...both of them. :lol:

Sorry if I flipped, I have a tendency to do that sometimes.
Hulk rage? Who knows.

TRB

People that don't put the brand name of the disc in the title are seriously screwing up. I go on ebay every morning to do a search of everything Discraft, there are always only 2 or 3 pages of discraft auctions. Yet some people still list discs by the model name only and not brand. They are missing lots of potential buyers.

So I edited out TRB's crazy post out of other peoples post at his request b/c he feels dumb for making it. Hope you guys don't mind.

JimW said:
Shouldn't you consider that somebody may have had a legitimate reason for the complaint? I doubt that eBay just suspends accounts on the basis of someone's complaint without some sort of investigation.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the situation and have never bid on anything of his or talked to him

One of the more interesting shipping prices and explanation...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Innova-Champion-Beast-Schultz-2003-champ-168g-NEW-/180495697603?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0661c6c3

Webslinger said:
One of the more interesting shipping prices and explanation...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Innova-Champion-Beast-Schultz-2003-champ-168g-NEW-/180495697603?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0661c6c3

ebay king said:
Shipping will be $8.00, and this is with NO tracking # and may take up to 12 weeks for delivery, or $10 shipping with tracking #. with the $8 shipping i am not responsible if you don't recieve your item.

Either the person is shipping by media mail or they are walking it to you. For eight dollars the person is probably walking to nearest liquor store and calling it a day and the disc lost.

jsun3thousand said:
I like this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-Rare-Sand-CE-Monster-Disc-Golf-MINT-176g_W0QQitemZ290420659837QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439e6b967d I think he is my favorite seller. He just makes shit up and uses "ultra rare." What comes after ultra rare?

ebay superstar said:
This is an extremely rare Pro Line Monster. It is one of the first to have the Sand Dollar Pattern Dye! It has a written weight of 175g and is accurately scale weighed at 176.3g!! It does NOT get much better than this one! This plastic will last forever!

So Im just making shit up eh? Please send me another max weight Pro Line Sand Dollar Patterned Monster in new condition and then I will agree that I am making shit up. Who are you? Are you the same guy who cam up with the 1-10 scale on discs condition?

Please explain how Im making shit up, I would love to hear a response. :lol:

makeyourself23 said:
jsun3thousand said:
I like this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-Rare-Sand-CE-Monster-Disc-Golf-MINT-176g_W0QQitemZ290420659837QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439e6b967d I think he is my favorite seller. He just makes shit up and uses "ultra rare." What comes after ultra rare?

ebay superstar said:
This is an extremely rare Pro Line Monster. It is one of the first to have the Sand Dollar Pattern Dye! It has a written weight of 175g and is accurately scale weighed at 176.3g!! It does NOT get much better than this one! This plastic will last forever!

So Im just making shit up eh? Please send me another max weight Pro Line Sand Dollar Patterned Monster in new condition and then I will agree that I am making shit up. Who are you? Are you the same guy who cam up with the 1-10 scale on discs condition?

Well, this doesn't prove that you are making it up, but I have seen way older discs with the sand dollar pattern. It isn't actually a dye is it? The auction has been removed.

JimW said:
Tim Red Beard said:
edited down by Frank D by request of TRB. I'm leaving this last line though:

Now it's time to go take a breather cause I'm rip sh!t!!!

TRB

dogcat_calmdown.jpg

Shouldn't you consider that somebody may have had a legitimate reason for the complaint? I doubt that eBay just suspends accounts on the basis of someone's complaint without some sort of investigation.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the situation and have never bid on anything of his or talked to him

I would love to do business. I have a good amount of people I have been selling to for a while now. My account was suspended because someone was apparently bidding up my auctions. All they gave me was a username "baboom123" but would not tell me what auctions or when. I usually look at everyone who is bidding on my items and check out their feedback to make sure they will follow through on the deal. I NEVER sold to this person or even saw their name in my auctions. At the time, I did have 52 auctions up so it is possible there were a couple I didnt fully check out but I know for a fact that they never bought anything from me or bid super high on any of my auctions (everytime an auctions get above a price I think is reasonable, I ALWAYS check to see who is bidding)

Please feel free to message me or email me and get to know me. I am a straight up guy who just loves disc golf. I absolutely despise the business aspect of the game but it is what is it. Thanks!

riverboy said:
makeyourself23 said:
jsun3thousand said:

ebay superstar said:

Well, this doesn't prove that you are making it up, but I have seen way older discs with the sand dollar pattern. It isn't actually a dye is it? The auction has been removed.

Just because you have seen older discs with Sand Dollar patterns on it, doesnt mean I making shit up. I have never seen a Pro Line Monster with a S$ pattern (and neither had anyone else I showed it to including my good buddy Chase who owns Iron Lion Disc Golf Supply) so I considered it to be a very rare disc.

It is more lightly dyed than anything. It reminds me of the S$ 2nd Run Katanas that I have, only not a bright. I strive to be as honest and straight forward as possible so its kind of insulting when I see people talking smack about me for a title discrepancy on an eBay auction but whatever works man. Have a good one!

makeyourself23 said:
jsun3thousand said:

ebay superstar said:

You do know what it means to make something up, right? I would like to see some evidence for your claims of "the first to have the Sand Dollar Pattern Dye" besides the anecdotal "I talked to my buddies." I got tons of rare plastic, and so does everyone else, if all it takes is a creative way to describe a disc's color, making up it's rarity and run, and finding a couple homeboys to agree with you.

Also, is it a dye pattern or the way the plastic set after being injected into the mold? Those two things are very different.

Sleepy invented the 1-10 scale. He rules.

makeyourself23 said:
riverboy said:
makeyourself23 said:
jsun3thousand said:

ebay superstar said:

Just because you have seen older discs with Sand Dollar patterns on it, doesnt mean I making shit up. I have never seen a Pro Line Monster with a S$ pattern (and neither had anyone else I showed it to including my good buddy Chase who owns Iron Lion Disc Golf Supply) so I considered it to be a very rare disc.

It is more lightly dyed than anything. It reminds me of the S$ 2nd Run Katanas that I have, only not a bright. I strive to be as honest and straight forward as possible so its kind of insulting when I see people talking smack about me for a title discrepancy on an eBay auction but whatever works man. Have a good one!
Tale a breather. I did NOT insult you. I merely pointed out that it could not be THE first sand dollar disc. I think I have bought from you before and you are a fine seller. Point something out in my previous response that was insultive. The question about the dye was merely curiosity, as the auction was already down when I looked back. Therefore I could not tell.

Holy crap, I have an eBay seller all over my nutz because I gave him Neutral feedback. :lol:

One of my biggest irks on eBay is sellers that post a picture of the disc that doesn't reflect what the description says. For example, sellers that post pictures of the sun shining through the disc. Gawd that gets under my skin. The guy I bought from listed it as purple with white stamp and the picture looked black/gray with a black stamp cause of his "l33t" photography skills.

I know I'm still at fault for not taking the description true to heart but what was the point of putting up a misleading picture?

jsun3thousand said:
makeyourself23 said:
jsun3thousand said:

ebay superstar said:

You do know what it means to make something up, right? I would like to see some evidence for your claims of "the first to have the Sand Dollar Pattern Dye" besides the anecdotal "I talked to my buddies." I got tons of rare plastic, and so does everyone else, if all it takes is a creative way to describe a disc's color, making up it's rarity and run, and finding a couple homeboys to agree with you.

Also, is it a dye pattern or the way the plastic set after being injected into the mold? Those two things are very different.

Sleepy invented the 1-10 scale. He rules.

It is not dyed. Much too light to be so it would definitely be the later. It looks like different colors got mixed in when they injected it (maybe between a color change?) and the pattern is not perfect by any means. It definitely does resemble a S$ pattern though.

Who exactly are you quoting? I never said anything about my "buddies agreeing with me" anywhere in my description. I never claimed anything about runs but did claim it to be more rare than your average OOP Pro Line Monster (I have seen about 20 Pro Line Monsters and none of them had that pattern... does that make it the most rare one, no! But as far as I can tell, it is. Have you seen another one? I would like to see it) I never said "THE FIRST SAND DOLLAR PATTERN" I said it was one of the first. Can you show me a disc that dates further back with a Sand Dollar pattern? I would really like to see it as well.

The 1-10 scale is a waste of time in eBay auctions. It is all personal interpretation and with no set standards, doesnt hold very much validity. I will say that some people are better than others but when someone claims a disc is 9.5/10 with half the stamp missing and INK on the back... not helpful.

... I need an 175 11x Gazelle!!!!!

riverboy said:
makeyourself23 said:
riverboy said:
makeyourself23 said:
jsun3thousand said:

ebay superstar said:

Tale a breather. I did NOT insult you. I merely pointed out that it could not be THE first sand dollar disc. I think I have bought from you before and you are a fine seller. Point something out in my previous response that was insultive. The question about the dye was merely curiosity, as the auction was already down when I looked back. Therefore I could not tell.

I did take a breather and you did insult me. You claimed I was just making shit up! Please read what you posted... how is that not insulting? I am only selling discs to try and pay for school and you're making fun of my title description because it says "Ultra Rare" so what? Why does that bother you and how is that making shit up. Pro Line Monsters have been OOP for 6-7 years now? I would consider one that is still brand new, to be rare (call me crazy) and then one that is max weight and has an unintentional Sand $ Pattern, I consider that to the Very/Ultra rare. I responded to your dye question in the post right above this one (unless someone else posted before I could do 2 in a row) I dont care about it anymore man. I just love disc golf and need to sell some plastic to pay off my bills. I try to describe it as accurately as possible so when someone says "He just makes shit up and uses "ultra rare." What comes after ultra rare?" it IS insulting. No worries though. If you want more pictures of the disc, let me know and I can email you some. I have a few others as well. Have a good one!

makeyourself23 said:
Who exactly are you quoting? I never said anything about my "buddies agreeing with me" anywhere in my description.

makeyourself23 said:
I have never seen a Pro Line Monster with a S$ pattern (and neither had anyone else I showed it to including my good buddy Chase who owns Iron Lion Disc Golf Supply) so I considered it to be a very rare disc.