• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

Banzai said:
Comets are unversatile?
Compared to other mids, yes.
They like straight, gradual hyzers, gradual anhyzers. The Comet isn't the best for anything that requires it to come out of a steeper anny, an abrupt turn, or harsher fade.
Having said that, I still think they are great discs. I just carry a Roc with me for the shots that I don't think will suit the Comet.

Working Stiff said:
I started loosing discs a lot this year, stupid Unger Park. I finally had to take Cyclones out of my bag becasue I couldn't risk throwing the last of my TP Cyclones in a lake. If I can get something close to a TP Cyclone in a disc I can replace, I'm sold. However, if the Cyclone gets run in the upgraded D that might be what I'm looking for as well. At any rate, I'm going to give the ESP Cyclone a shot and see how it flies. I hope to be able to get Cyclones back in my bag soon.

Actually, Unger Park is flooded and closed, so maybe I can put them back in now! :p

Have you ever thought about throwing a #2 Driver??

Triplebogey said:
Working Stiff said:
I started loosing discs a lot this year, stupid Unger Park. I finally had to take Cyclones out of my bag becasue I couldn't risk throwing the last of my TP Cyclones in a lake. If I can get something close to a TP Cyclone in a disc I can replace, I'm sold. However, if the Cyclone gets run in the upgraded D that might be what I'm looking for as well. At any rate, I'm going to give the ESP Cyclone a shot and see how it flies. I hope to be able to get Cyclones back in my bag soon.

Actually, Unger Park is flooded and closed, so maybe I can put them back in now! :p

Im sure stiffy has thrown him a few F-15 eagles in his day

Jesse B 707 said:
Triplebogey said:
Working Stiff said:

Im sure stiffy has thrown him a few F-15 eagles in his day

Yeah, when they're new, they're kind of like a Cyclone. I can throw mine within 20-30 feet of my DX TeeBirds.

Thread Derail:

Ode to an overlooked great disc.
056-1.jpg

Just simply the best disc Lightning ever made. It was the first fast disc that was stable enough to be useful. Forget that it floats, who cares. It flies in-between a Roc and TeeBird, I used to call it a longer Roc. It's just a great disc.

But...it's a Lightning disc so it has to suck, right? I'd like to see Lightning release this in their more durable plastic just to throw. So it wouldn't float? Who cares? Not me. If they ran some with the old airplane stamp, I might buy eight or ten of them!

Hmmm...release a great old disc in a new, upgraded plastic. That's a great Idea! Discraft should do that with the Cyclone!

Wait, what was this thread about again? :lol:

Triplebogey said:
Working Stiff said:

I never got the "floats" thing. I've walked away from several water hazards thinking "when the wind blows that #2 Diver to shore, somebody is going to score a nice disc." :?

Working Stiff said:
Triplebogey said:
Working Stiff said:

I never got the "floats" thing. I've walked away from several water hazards thinking "when the wind blows that #2 Diver to shore, somebody is going to score a nice disc." :?

Yeah exactly, who dives in after their disc thats floatin in the middle a water hazard? And most the water hazards I've seen are nasty.

So, has anyone else thrown the ESP Cyclone?

ok...back to the cyclone post...

...I bought a lime green 172 and it rules....flattens out well and you can definitely get the long "s" out of it...great for tunnels as well...buy one yesterday

These things have glide for days. I threw mine first shot on a buzzz hole. I normally would throw my buzz firm but not hard on the hole. So I threw the 'clone the same way. Way to long. Pretty cool disc, but I need much more testing. Also Lime Green.

Latest posts