• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

nah, cyclones in general are better at working lines due to a bit less HSS and a bit more LSS

marmoset said:
I'd say there's overlap but you could justify carrying the two for different shots.

I know how many discs you usually carry... for YOU there is not enough difference to justify carrying both. If I could only carry one it would be the XL.

True enough. Oddly I don't really even carry the XL, I just use it as a baseline when talking about similar discs.

Just got back from DGW, and looked at 20 or so of these guys. They were there in 4 colors: White, Orange, Blue, and Green. The White and Orange had a flatter shape, more like the D Cyclones that I see today. The Blue and Green had more dome, and were closer to the coveted TP shape. Needless to day, I picked up a Blue and a Green :).

I threw a Blue 169 in my bag this afternoon in place of my Leopard, and was very impressed with the flight. Flips up, can hold a hyzer, and can easily be turned over. The larger diameter really does give this thing a lot of glide. It's also much faster than I expected; I thought it would be closer to Roc speed, but it got out there as quickly as my Leopard.

Yea ive got a fairly new leopard and it takes a bit of pop..

So......yeah it will be easier to turn than a Leo but also way more likely to come back once you turn it. The more i talk about it the more i want some of these :? ..............patience..........the Trident cometh

get a cyclone, throw it til the trident comes out.. then trade me the cyclone?

That's it... I'm ordering a couple of these this weekend.

Just ordered a green one to try. Maybe it Will be a good compliment to my TB's, or maybe it wont.

I'm in the mood to try some discraft molds lately - When I realized I've only ever really thrown Innova.

I just threw a blue 173 esp. This things just wants to glide. Fought a good 15mph headwind also with no problem. She made it into the bag to replace my 173 Z. It goes real far with no effort. If you are a cyclone fan, you will not be disappointed at all.

Just wanted to throw out another opinion on the ESP Cyclone. I got one delivered to me yesterday and used it a bit for our weekly doubles. I should say that I've never thrown a cyclone before, but have thrown DX Gazelles a decent amount. This has similar flight to a gently seasoned Gazelle, IMO, but was faster and longer than I was expecting. I need to throw it more, but initial results are screaming "KEEPER!". The only thing that I'd change about it is that I'd like a slightly softer/tackier blend of the ESP (this blend is pretty stiff). Beyond that though, I think Discraft has done right with one.

My green one came in the mail today(175 ESP).

I've never thrown discraft before - ESP(for this disc anyway) to me feels like a good run of star(stiff rim but tacky/flexable flight plate). I'll give my thoughts on it when I throw it this evening.

some call me...tim? said:
Just wanted to throw out another opinion on the ESP Cyclone. I got one delivered to me yesterday and used it a bit for our weekly doubles. I should say that I've never thrown a cyclone before, but have thrown DX Gazelles a decent amount. This has similar flight to a gently seasoned Gazelle, IMO, but was faster and longer than I was expecting. I need to throw it more, but initial results are screaming "KEEPER!". The only thing that I'd change about it is that I'd like a slightly softer/tackier blend of the ESP (this blend is pretty stiff). Beyond that though, I think Discraft has done right with one.

What color was this stiffer version? I'm pretty sure they only did one run, but maybe earlier/later in the color cycle it changed?

Latest posts