• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

Mine's pretty flat, so I'm guessing its similar to the other oranges out there. And yeah, if it's a choice between stiff and gummy, I'd rather have stiff, I suppose. Ideally, I like a little bit of give though, like good ol' pearly champ plastic.

So I just got done playing 20-some holes of golf. Used the ESP Cyclone on a good amount of shots.

My take = Pretty stable out of the box. Feels like a slightly slower Teebird IMO.

I really like it so far. Should be nice and Glidey-straight when it seasons in.

I have one of the green ones with a nice mild dome.

Just got one of the tennis ball green domey ones. After a good night of throwing various holes, I think I'll be replacing my Champ Teebird with an ESP Cyclone and an Opto Striker. I caught myself using the TB in a lot of shots that need a disc a little faster or slower. This Cyclone will be great for those slower finesse shots and the Striker is AMAZING for the faster work.

Field practice today. Finally got my ESP Cyclone over 350 -- almost end line to end line! It was a high flat rip that turned over just enough and flexed back sooo late. Those things glide!

When I got home today I was greeted with a box containing two ESP Cyclones (one light blue 173 and one green 173) along with a few other goodies. Almost immediately took them out to the course along with my 173 Tourney Pro Cyclone. Only one hole on my home course that's long enough for me to throw a Cyclone on. Played the hole twice. Each time the ESP Cyclones flew the same line as the TP and both times the ESPs ended up slightly longer. These things are great! Great flight and tons of glide. Thank you Discraft!

Ive thrown both extensively and i have to say Cyclone>Gazelle any way so im not all that sad about the GZ dying, I do prefer DX over D though for sure.

Both the Gazelle and Michael Jackson died on my birthday....... :?

So I get that everyone wants the domey ones because that's the most similar shape to the TP Cyclones--having never thrown a single Cyclone before a few days ago, I was mainly concerned about color (out here, bright green = just asking to be swallowed by blackberries) when I ordered mine. Has anyone thrown the flatter ones next to the domey ones? If so, is there a noticeable difference? Because my flat Cyclone is pretty money, I'm curious as to whether a slight variation can be that much better.

some call me...tim? said:
So I get that everyone wants the domey ones because that's the most similar shape to the TP Cyclones--having never thrown a single Cyclone before a few days ago, I was mainly concerned about color (out here, bright green = just asking to be swallowed by blackberries) when I ordered mine. Has anyone thrown the flatter ones next to the domey ones? If so, is there a noticeable difference? Because my flat Cyclone is pretty money, I'm curious as to whether a slight variation can be that much better.

i've got a few of those nice TP cyclones from blake's stash, maybe we can compare side by side next time we see each other on the course..

<snip> Has anyone thrown the flatter ones next to the domey ones? If so, is there a noticeable difference? Because my flat Cyclone is pretty money, I'm curious as to whether a slight variation can be that much better.
I have the same question. I know it is lime green, but I have trouble finding many green discs so I had ordered a light blue. Did I make a mistake?

mark12b said:
i've got a few of those nice TP cyclones from blake's stash, maybe we can compare side by side next time we see each other on the course..

Cool! I'm planning on being out today, you gonna be out there?
eg37167 said:
I have the same question. I know it is lime green, but I have trouble finding many green discs so I had ordered a light blue. Did I make a mistake?

I think the blue ones may also be of the domey persuasion. You might have the best of both worlds!

Cool! I'm planning on being out today, you gonna be out there?

yep, probably late afternoon/early evening... <tosses cyclones into trunk>

Latest posts