• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

Furthur said:
Morgan, the ESP cyclone has my seal of approval.

I guess that means I can put my last two TPs into rotation (both are green). Even if I lose the TPs, I can get an ESP for that slot. I never had any luck with X or Z Clones, and the Ds are great at first but beat in too fast for my taste (I love D for putters but think it is really inferior to DX for drivers).

With the weird mini-bag I'm using now, I really needed a TP 'Clone to round it out.

I was rocking 2 Pro Ds and an ESP. Now I've dropped down to a beat Pro D, fresh TP, and ESP. I suspect that as they beat in I'll go to a TP, ESP set up.

Anybody really thrashed an ESP yet?

I have a 169 ESP that I've broken in pretty well. Great high speed turn with a little fade at the end.

IMHO the ESP is more stable than a TP-clone, maybe it has to do with the fact that my TP-clones beat in a lot quicker than the ESP. But I definitly think it feels more stable. Which is not a bad thing. I think the ESP clone flies very nice. It will be intersting to see how it will fly after 3-5 months of use

rehder said:
IMHO the ESP is more stable than a TP-clone, maybe it has to do with the fact that my TP-clones beat in a lot quicker than the ESP. But I definitly think it feels more stable. Which is not a bad thing. I think the ESP clone flies very nice. It will be intersting to see how it will fly after 3-5 months of use

How domey and how new are those TPs? My new domey TP cyclones are just as stable as my ESPs. I suspect as the TPs get seasoned they'll get flippier.

Tourney Pro, the material it was made out of. Precursor to Pro D and Elite X, and the coolest stamp too.

Cyclone176light.jpg

Is there a certain color that has been consistantly domey in the 172g+ range?

I want one bad. I just don't know how it will fit in the bag (shot wise, not space wise.)

dgdave said:

I want one bad. I just don't know how it will fit in the bag (shot wise, not space wise.)
all the light greens ive seen (3 or 4 :? ) have all had a nice dome to them

Posted June 8th
dgdave said:
The more I think about it, the more I think I don't need this. I like more unversatile discs (teebirds, comets, etc.)
Posted Sept 1st
dgdave said:

What a difference three months makes.

dgdave said:
Light green and light blue, I believe.

Yep, Lt. Blue and Green are all domey. I've seen some domey Orange ones, but also some flat orange ones too.

Latest posts