• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ESP Cyclone - home for wayward gazelle throwers

Don't look at me, I'm just the messenger...

I see a lot of tools do that though, $5.00 or more shipping is them ripping you off on shipping.

Banzai said:
rehder said:
IMHO the ESP is more stable than a TP-clone, maybe it has to do with the fact that my TP-clones beat in a lot quicker than the ESP. But I definitly think it feels more stable. Which is not a bad thing. I think the ESP clone flies very nice. It will be intersting to see how it will fly after 3-5 months of use

How domey and how new are those TPs? My new domey TP cyclones are just as stable as my ESPs. I suspect as the TPs get seasoned they'll get flippier.

ok finally got around to throwing a new TP against the ESP and it confirmed my first thought. These are very similar, I guess the TP just beats in pretty fast.

rehder said:
Banzai said:
rehder said:
IMHO the ESP is more stable than a TP-clone, maybe it has to do with the fact that my TP-clones beat in a lot quicker than the ESP. But I definitly think it feels more stable. Which is not a bad thing. I think the ESP clone flies very nice. It will be intersting to see how it will fly after 3-5 months of use

How domey and how new are those TPs? My new domey TP cyclones are just as stable as my ESPs. I suspect as the TPs get seasoned they'll get flippier.

ok finally got around to throwing a new TP against the ESP and it confirmed my first thought. These are very similar, I guess the TP just beats in pretty fast.
I agree, dont tell Blake though, he's convinced that ESP's are bunk :lol:

Jesse B 707 said:
rehder said:
Banzai said:
rehder said:

Really? Blake usually knows his stuff. I wonder why he thinks that?

just picked one of these up, a lighter (166?) domey ESP... great disc. very controllable and comfortable to throw.

what's the difference between the domey and flat versions?

Banzai said:
Jesse B 707 said:
rehder said:
Banzai said:
rehder said:

Really? Blake usually knows his stuff. I wonder why he thinks that?

I'm not going to put words in anybody's mouth, but I thought he wrote that the ESP's don't fly like the older gen. of cyclones, not that he hated the disc or anything.
Personally, I bought a orange ESP to back up my elite-x, and was surprised at how flat it was. It flew very stable and not at all like the disc it was supposed to back up. I traded it away, and a bit later bought a light green ESP, which had a bit more dome, which flies similar to my elite-x when new, but still not just like it. It's still more stable, but I'm hopeing that'll change with lots of use.

I just got a new "Blood" red clone in the mail the other day. It is just sitting on the shelf in the basement if anyone is interested.

Smitty said:
I just got a new "Blood" red clone in the mail the other day. It is just sitting on the shelf in the basement if anyone is interested.

Plastic, weight, etc? PM me.

I just got an Elite Z Cyclone in the mail. I noticed the stability is 1.5 instead of 1 on the ESP, so will this hold up better in windier conditions??

JHBlader86 said:
I just got an Elite Z Cyclone in the mail. I noticed the stability is 1.5 instead of 1 on the ESP, so will this hold up better in windier conditions??
No. The Z Cyclone is more overstable than the ESP but it's no good in the wind. Basically, it's worthless.

My ESP has broken in to lose some of it's HSS, but not a lot of it's LSS. I don't consider it to be a bad thing however; those types of lines are why it's in the bag.

So after all the love for this and the XL, I'm torn between sticking with my Z Avenger SS, or trying out one of these or an XL. What do you guys think?

Yehosha said:
So after all the love for this and the XL, I'm torn between sticking with my Z Avenger SS, or trying out one of these or an XL. What do you guys think?
The XL would be a better transition from the ASS, the Cyclone isn't in the same category of disc. Choosing between the XL and Cyclone would be a closer decision. I keep both a Avenger SS and a Cyclone in the bag, the Cyclone is my fairway driver and IMO the XL will not compare to throwing the Cyclone because it's(Clone) much more dependable. For instance- Maybe I come to a hole that I would usually throw my Buzzz, but there is a headwind up. I would throw the Cyclone instead, whereas if I threw the XL I'd have to account for much more movement and have less confidence.

Anakha said:
Yehosha said:
The XL would be a better transition from the ASS, the Cyclone isn't in the same category of disc. Choosing between the XL and Cyclone would be a closer decision. I keep both a Avenger SS and a Cyclone in the bag, the Cyclone is my fairway driver and IMO the XL will not compare to throwing the Cyclone because it's(Clone) much more dependable. For instance- Maybe I come to a hole that I would usually throw my Buzzz, but there is a headwind up. I would throw the Cyclone instead, whereas if I threw the XL I'd have to account for much more movement and have less confidence.
Hey thanks for the replies here and in the XL thread. I think I'm sold on the Cyclone. Gonna pick up a few ESPs next chance I get.

Banzai said:
Anyone thrown both the heavier and lighter ones?

My main fairway driver, hell, my main disc is a 168 elite x cyclone. Good times. Nice turnovers, really really long hyzers. I would assume a 175 would act the same way if you normally throw that weight. The 173 green ESP I own which was origionally going to be my X's backup has kind of grown into my laser-straght stable shot. Lightweight for turnovers, long hyzers, heavy for stable straight shots and tighter hyzers.

I've got a 164g esp that I've never used if anyone's interested...

http://cgi.ebay.com/DISCRAFT-CYCLONE-PROFESSIONAL-DISC-GOLF-176-GRAM-PDGA_W0QQitemZ350259906784QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518d1e08e0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

If anyone is interested.

The ESP Cyclone has become my 'go to' disc. I have more confidence in my control on this disc than anything else in my bag now! The only thing that comes close is my Striker.

It has made me think I need to dig out my X Comet and see if my earlier problems were form related. I have read many times a Comet will expose form issues, so it may be a good thing now to work with it again.

Latest posts